Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by troyintn
When will Delta kick in the accelerators again for 2022? I am traveling pretty frequently, but not like before and mostly domestic on cheap fares, so the MQDs for 2022 may be a problem unless international travel becomes easier.
No reason to believe they will, particularly given the rollovers.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by troyintn
When will Delta kick in the accelerators again for 2022? I am traveling pretty frequently, but not like before and mostly domestic on cheap fares, so the MQDs for 2022 may be a problem unless international travel becomes easier.
Have they actually announced this? I havent heard anything and would honestly be a little surprised if they did, given that they just extended status through 2022.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:36 pm

Complicated short haul MQM question

Complicated MQM question regarding short haul travel

My understanding of the medallion status accelerators is that a first class ticket booked with Miles will earn 150% of the distance flown, plus another 1.75X multiplier on top of that. However, Delta’s website also states that the minimum is 500 MQM.

Does this mean that the minimum amount of MQM earned on a one-way first class award flight is 1,312 MQM (500 x 1.5 x 1.75)?

I’m 1,100 miles short of platinum. Have a potential one way from MSP-ORD. Actual distance flown is only 380 miles, but minimum MQM is 500, right? If I take a 1st class award flight MSP-ORD, will I earn ~1300 MQM (500 x 1.5 x 1.75) or ~800 MQM (380 x 1.5 x 1.75)?

And yes, I’ve tried booking it and it won’t show me at checkout. It actually says 0.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by jgroll57
Does this mean that the minimum amount of MQM earned on a one-way first class award flight is 1,312 MQM (500 x 1.5 x 1.75)?
Yes. Actually, I think it's 1,315 because the website is bad at rounding somewhere; at least I earned 1,315 MQM for LAX-OAK.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Complicated MQM question regarding short haul travel

My understanding of the medallion status accelerators is that a first class ticket booked with Miles will earn 150% of the distance flown, plus another 1.75X multiplier on top of that. However, Delta’s website also states that the minimum is 500 MQM.

I’m 1,100 miles short of platinum. Have a potential one way from MSP-ORD. Actual distance flown is only 380 miles, but minimum MQM is 500, right? If I take a 1st class award flight MSP-ORD, will I earn ~1300 MQM (500 x 1.5 x 1.75) or ~800 MQM (380 x 1.5 x 1.75)?

And yes, I’ve tried booking it and it won’t show me at checkout. It actually says 0.
The minimum is 500 MQMs and yes, FC fares earns a 50% Fare Class bonus for 750 MQMs and then the Status Accelerator Promo throws another 75% on top of that for ~1312 MQMs (I've actually been having these sort of segments post as 1315 MQMs).
Old Dec 14, 2021, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
1315 here as well: 500 + 250 + 565 according to my account
Old Dec 14, 2021, 2:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that the minimum doesn't necessarily apply to partner flights. (I've been burned on AF/KLM intraEU segments.)

It would be better if DL were more explicit about paid FC segments getting at least 750 MQMs normally (not counting the current accelerator promo).
Old Dec 14, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I've had a number of J fares post as (500 + 500) * 1.75 = 1750 MQM.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I wouldn't expect anything until perhaps middle of next year if intl business travel remains depressed and depending on the covid variant surge impacts. Either nothing, or perhaps a modified MQS/MQD accelerator similar to what we saw half way through this year, Either way I wouldn't expect anything unless DL sees that their elite numbers are at risk of significantly dropping.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by xliioper
Okay, I misunderstood and thought the cert was used to upgrade to PS. The problem is that these all re-book into the same OY booking class and the system has issues with handling the various permutations of tickets that can get rebooked into OY (some of which qualify for bonus, and some of which don't -- like upgrading a main cabin fare with a cert). So IT seems to have punted on this issue and simply gives all OY flights a partial bonus. Paying for a FCM upgrade on an award ticket also rebooks into OY (while buying FCM offers on revenue flights rebook into regular revenue booking classes and do not have the same issue). Phone agents are almost certainly never going to the understand the intricacies of this situation. You will probably have better luck writing a complaint which might actually get directed to someone who understands the various booking classes better.
Thanks, that’s very unfortunate but good to know. A service rep had suggested I submit a complain thing so waiting on that, I guess. Very tempted to find an acquaintance and reach out to someone in corporate about this issue…
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Confirming that I just had a ~300 mi first class flight post yesterday at 1315 mqm.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 12:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Is it a mainline DL flight or a Delta Connection flight? I believe the 0 estimated MQMs is a known bug* with the latter.

*known to FT anyway...
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Possible that DL wanted to avoid "1313"?
Old Dec 19, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JPWindSurfer21
I think I saw others on here had issues with the missing MQM bonus for premium fares (premium select, first, delta one)--anyone have any luck getting these fixed?
I am having similar issues with a recent PS itinerary. And different issues with simply incorrect math calculations on DL's part. One value is off by just 20 MQMs. I'm not going to waste my time asking for a correction for just 20 MQMs, but I hate having to hard code values into my tracking spreadsheet when it should be a simple equation.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more
75% bonus applied to segment on which I used a RUC

Hi:

I flew yesterday SEA-DTW-MSN on a main economy award ticket. I used an RUC to upgrade SEA-DTW to F, and I received a complimentary upgrade to F for DTW-MSN. (When I originally called to apply the RUC, I asked them to apply it only to SEA-DTW because I did not want to risk burning the RUC on the short MSN-DTW flight).

I reviewed my account just now and I saw that a 75% "MQM accelerator bonus" was applied to the SEA-DTW flight.

I was under the impression that the 75% bonus for F applied only to purchased F and purchased upgrades. It would appear as though it also applied to RUCs (and, I suppose GUCs). Is this the way it is "supposed" to go?

I suppose I lost out on 125 MQMs by not applying the RUC to the DTW-MSN leg and instead relying on a conventional complimentary upgrade for that leg (because I received only a 50% status boost, not 75%). But, obviously 125 MQMs is trivial . . .hope it doen't come back to haunt me like a missed extra point in a football game.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.