Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2021, 4:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by xliioper
It's pretty hard to imagine that earned PM status will outrank fare class. I could see the other factors, but I wouldn't base my expectations that it will be a factor above class.
The language suggests earned PM will absolutely outrank fare class
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
If this is covered elsewhere I've not seen it....

I had 2 trips with B fares; I got the accelerator 50% but not the B fare 50%. Has anyone else seen this?
Old Aug 6, 2021, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy

I had 2 trips with B fares; I got the accelerator 50% but not the B fare 50%. Has anyone else seen this?
For MQMs, right?
Old Aug 12, 2021, 2:58 pm

Somewhat obscure question...

Trip was booked initially with all legs DL-coded but one leg on AF metal. Now, due to a schedule change, I was able to switch that one AF-operated flight to a DL-operated flight.

I'm assuming this will mean Accelerator treatment for all legs. Can anyone confirm? Trip is on 12/31/21 and would push three family members into the next medallion tier if Accelerator works.

Thanks FT!
Old Aug 21, 2021, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy

I had a trip where I upgraded to F with similar results. The 75% MQM bonus was applied about a week after the flight, but the 50% bonus for the cabin still hasn't posted more than a month and a half later. I sent an e-mail about it weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back yet. Would be nice to have it before my next trip, as it would push me over the FO->GM threshold (and also need it to squeak out PM before the end of the year with my current travel plans.)
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Hold up. Time out. Didn't fly from March '20 to June '21 and I wasn't originally planning to fly much this year but the travel itch hit me. This morning is the first time I read this thread and there's a lot of info, and I just read up on DL.com.

So If I'm understanding this correctly;

- ALL miles are rolling over (on track for ~70,000 for CY '21)
- MQM accelerators only apply for DL metal. (so that upcoming MUC trip some of you helped me rebook on AF metal won't get the bonus)

If both of those are affirmative; then if I'm planning at least another ~70,000 miles through the fall of '22, it would behoove me to stay on DL metal for those TATL flights to then have ~140,000 MQMs to go for DM for '22/'23?

That seems like an exploit or is DL banking on the colossal drop in international travel to prevent a glut of PM/DMs?
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:19 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by photojojo
Hold up. Time out. Didn't fly from March '20 to June '21 and I wasn't originally planning to fly much this year but the travel itch hit me. This morning is the first time I read this thread and there's a lot of info, and I just read up on DL.com.

So If I'm understanding this correctly;

- ALL miles are rolling over (on track for ~70,000 for CY '21)
- MQM accelerators only apply for DL metal. (so that upcoming MUC trip some of you helped me rebook on AF metal won't get the bonus)

If both of those are affirmative; then if I'm planning at least another ~70,000 miles through the fall of '22, it would behoove me to stay on DL metal for those TATL flights to then have ~140,000 MQMs to go for DM for '22/'23?

That seems like an exploit or is DL banking on the colossal drop in international travel to prevent a glut of PM/DMs?
Few things:

1) At this time, the "accelerator" only applies to flights on Delta metal in calendar year 2021. Paid flights in 2022, whether on Delta metal or partners, should continue to earn MQM as normal (i.e. without the 1.5x or 1.75x "accelerator" multipliers)
2) For both 2021 and 2022, SkyMiles award flights on Delta metal will also earn MQM. In 2021, these flights will benefit from the accelerator. In 2021, presumably these flights will earn on a "normal basis" (basically you earn MQM based on the miles you fly)
3) All miles in your account at the end of 2021 do rollover into 2022
4) In order to get DM in 2022/2023, you must also get $15,000 MQD in calendar year 2022 or get an MQD waiver by spending $250,000 on a Delta card. The MQM rollover doesn't change this requirement
5) Depending on your current status and MQD position, it may make sense to try to reach 75,000 MQM this year in order to reach Platinum status (if you are already a platinum, not much incentive to do so; if you are a Gold or FO, maybe)
photojojo and vbscript2 like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:29 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Few things:

1) At this time, the "accelerator" only applies to flights on Delta metal in calendar year 2021. Paid flights in 2022, whether on Delta metal or partners, should continue to earn MQM as normal (i.e. without the 1.5x or 1.75x "accelerator" multipliers)
2) For both 2021 and 2022, SkyMiles award flights on Delta metal will also earn MQM. In 2021, these flights will benefit from the accelerator. In 2021, presumably these flights will earn on a "normal basis" (basically you earn MQM based on the miles you fly)
3) All miles in your account at the end of 2021 do rollover into 2022
4) In order to get DM in 2022/2023, you must also get $15,000 MQD in calendar year 2022 or get an MQD waiver by spending $250,000 on a Delta card. The MQM rollover doesn't change this requirement
5) Depending on your current status and MQD position, it may make sense to try to reach 75,000 MQM this year in order to reach Platinum status (if you are already a platinum, not much incentive to do so; if you are a Gold or FO, maybe)
Pretty much checks off all the boxes if I make a few adjustments and hope for a few more schedule changes. That's insane. Now I understand the titles of some of the other threads I didn't read but will now.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Hilton (Gold), Marriott (Gold), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by vbscript2
I had a trip where I upgraded to F with similar results. The 75% MQM bonus was applied about a week after the flight, but the 50% bonus for the cabin still hasn't posted more than a month and a half later. I sent an e-mail about it weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back yet. Would be nice to have it before my next trip, as it would push me over the FO->GM threshold (and also need it to squeak out PM before the end of the year with my current travel plans.)
Through a mix of my own experience and anecdotal evidence, it seems that a complimentary upgrade will usually (if not always) nullify the 25% bump you get for buying Comfort+. Wouldn’t be surprised if the same basic bug prevents the B fare bump from posting.

I’ve been calling in when there’s a need for a MQM adjustment, be it an ORC or something like this. Especially with the long email response times, I find that it’s easier to resolve these types of things over the phone.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I'm sorry if this has been covered above. (I searched for "change" and "earlier" to see, but didn't see it.) I believe if you have paid (at least with Skymiles) for an upgrade, you get the MQDs and the accelerator - BUT - if you change to an earlier flight, I've not received credit for either the Skymiles or accelerator, and I've not gotten a refund of the Skymiles. Is this to be expected? More details - yesterday I was booked for FC to return from CHS and I switched to an earlier flight. I was on standby, but the gate agent went ahead and issued my ticket as the first standby cleared and gave me a FC seat ahead of anyone who was on the FC upgrade list. Ideally I'd like that leg treated like the one I "paid" for, but if I don't get credit I'd like my miles back.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: Delta (Platinum), Hilton (Gold), Marriott (Gold), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie
I'm sorry if this has been covered above. (I searched for "change" and "earlier" to see, but didn't see it.) I believe if you have paid (at least with Skymiles) for an upgrade, you get the MQDs and the accelerator - BUT - if you change to an earlier flight, I've not received credit for either the Skymiles or accelerator, and I've not gotten a refund of the Skymiles. Is this to be expected? More details - yesterday I was booked for FC to return from CHS and I switched to an earlier flight. I was on standby, but the gate agent went ahead and issued my ticket as the first standby cleared and gave me a FC seat ahead of anyone who was on the FC upgrade list. Ideally I'd like that leg treated like the one I "paid" for, but if I don't get credit I'd like my miles back.
A bit of a weird situation- but the bottom line is that you were in paid F (even if you upgraded with miles), and you also flew in F. No reason why you shouldn’t have qualified for the accelerator, so it was probably an error. I would call in to have that adjusted.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Status accelerators and other activity (including the trip I'm on now) will have me 500 MQMs short of Silver by the end of next week. What's the fastest way to cross the finish line?

Given DL's already employing offers to get elite status back, are they doing courtesy bumps if I reach out?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I asked for a courtesy bump in February and got a message they were forwarding it up the chain in about May. (Earned status after that point and the question became moot) So don’t have high expectations
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I not only didn't get the accelerator, I didn't get the credit for the MQDs I should have received for paying for the upgrade to FC. I will reach out to CS at some point.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by JSprague24
Status accelerators and other activity (including the trip I'm on now) will have me 500 MQMs short of Silver by the end of next week. What's the fastest way to cross the finish line?

Given DL's already employing offers to get elite status back, are they doing courtesy bumps if I reach out?
Fastest would be flying. A short one day round trip would accumulate 1000 MQM and you wouldn't be waiting weeks on end for Delta to get back to you. All flights under 500 miles earn a minimum of 500 MQM per segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.