Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2021, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by angra
have you completed this trip? Has anyone? I am considering some travel to Europe and can not calculate expected MQD without knowing how the base MQD are divided up on a mixed-carrier ticket.

Has anyone taken a paid, mixed-carrier trip under this promotion and determined how the MQD are divided among the segments?
DL has pretty consistently divided up MQD earn across segments based on distance. So if the DL flight segments are 80% of the mileage, 80% of the MQD should be awarded to the DL flights and qualify for promo bonus (assuming the DL flights are also DL marketed).
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
DL has pretty consistently divided up MQD earn across segments based on distance. So if the DL flight segments are 80% of the mileage, 80% of the MQD should be awarded to the DL flights and qualify for promo bonus (assuming the DL flights are also DL marketed).
Thank you! I figured there was precedent on this but I had not yet dug through my historical records to see if there was a pattern I could discern. This helps a ton and saves me some work.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum+1MM, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Time delay for YR Carrier Surcharge Fees to post to MQDs?

Hi,

How long does it usually take for Delta to credit MQDs for the YR Carrier Surcharge Fees component of a ticket? So far I've had everything correctly posted for the base fare on a recent DEN-ATH Delta One roundtrip booked in I class at except the $1,400 YR fee component hasn't shown in any of the flights yet.
Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2021, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Ummm...I got (bonus award) miles (RDMs) from a flown award flight - talk about double dipping on top of double dipping. I think it should have been posted to the bonus MQM line.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colomike
Hi,

How long does it usually take for Delta to credit MQDs for the YR Carrier Surcharge Fees component of a ticket? So far I've had everything correctly posted for the base fare on a recent DEN-ATH Delta One roundtrip booked in I class at except the $1,400 YR fee component hasn't shown in any of the flights yet.
Thanks!
You already have an existing thread going here -- How long does it take for Delta YR Supplementary Charge to post to MQDs?

As noted in the other thread, they don't post YR separately. It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot or a breakdown of what posted for each flight. 4316 MQD would not be correct if it was based on a $3200 fare with Accelerator promo included (75% bonus). If it was based on $3200 fare amount and promo bonus was included, the earn would roughly be 1600*1.75 (DEN-JFK-ATH) + 1301*1.75 (AMS-SEA-DEN) + 299 (ATH-AMS) = 5376 MQD.
Adam1222 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 10:09 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I'm trying to understand how the status accelerator works with buy-up offers. Seems very tempting for the C+ price I see below in "My Trips."

I know people talk about the "buying the seat" and "re-issuing the ticket in a higher class" as being 2 different things. (1) Have people found that this makes a difference with regards to the bonus 1.75 posting? (2) Is it correct that if I buy up to C+ one way it's just buying the seat, but if I buy up both ways it'll re-issue the ticket? (I don't buy up often, so I'm not clear on all the small differences)

Old Jun 27, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I just had a schedule change move a return from GRR-ATL-VPS to GRR-MSP-ATL-VPS and this promo has actually made me go 'ya know? it's paid first and if I leave it like that, the rollover MQMs I get from this might be helpful in getting GM again in 2022' So if one of the promo is to get people to accept less than ideal flight changes, then well it might be working.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How are people getting their posting problems fixed?

I've twice now submitted requests for reconciliation online on the website.

I get the auto-reply emails and nothing more. First try was about a month ago.

Do I need to call?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM
So I'm running into a credit-posting situation I haven't yet seen mentioned here. My last two roundtrips (ATL-EWR and ATL-LAX) were booked as main cabin with upgrades to C+ purchased either with miles (EWR) or dollars (LAX). In both cases, I received the 75% bonus for the upgrades themselves. So far, so good. But with the flights, I only received the 75% bonus for the outbound ATL->LAX leg and not the return. And no bonus at all for the ATL-EWR roundtrip.

The only difference between the ATL->LAX leg and the other three was that was the only one I *didn't* get a comp upgrade to first, so my butt was actually in C+ for that flight only.

Doesn't seem like I should lose the bonus for getting a regular comp upgrade to First, right?

Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When you bought up to C+, was the ticket reissued with a C+ fare class? Or did you just click a seat with a price on the DL website or app? This is supposed to make a difference.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When you bought up to C+, was the ticket reissued with a C+ fare class? Or did you just click a seat with a price on the DL website or app? This is supposed to make a difference.
I clicked on the Upgrade to Comfort+ button in My Trips, made the purchase, and then it showed both legs in W class.

Did the exact same move for both legs of the LA trip, so I don't know any other reason why one leg got the bonus and the other didn't.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 1:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew yesterday and was happy to see the extra MQM/MQD posted at the same as the two flights. It's also nice the extra MQM count towards MM.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Used miles to purchase a main-cabin ticket SJC-SLC-ANC… then due to schedule change, moved to SJC-SEA-ANC. After that, upgraded by paying around $50 and $150, though on different days, and fare class changed to OY. Then another schedule change, moved to an early SJC-SEA-ANC flight, ticket reissued in OY, but the amount I paid $200 was gone in the receipt, only shows then the miles+$5.6, which was the original payment. Curious to see what will be posted after the trip!
Old Jun 28, 2021, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
How are people getting their posting problems fixed?

I've twice now submitted requests for reconciliation online on the website.

I get the auto-reply emails and nothing more. First try was about a month ago.

Do I need to call?
I have also submitted an online request about a month ago and I have heard nothing. I did a post-purchase upgrade from coach to first class and I did not receive the 75% bonus on the initial ticket purchase of MQM and MQD (only the 50%)
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PokerWhammy
I have also submitted an online request about a month ago and I have heard nothing. I did a post-purchase upgrade from coach to first class and I did not receive the 75% bonus on the initial ticket purchase of MQM and MQD (only the 50%)
Just got off the phone with them. After the 20 minute wait for the call-back, I was on with an operator for 67 minutes. And my postings are still not correct, but I think I'm on the road. They removed all of my miles and I'm back at status Q.

Edit: logged out and logged in and it's right!

So it only takes about an hour and a half of phone time to straighten one of these out. No biggie.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.