Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2021, 7:30 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
your mistake is assuming that they took time and effort to make it harder for your case, rather than realize you're doing something that essentially zero other people want to do and getting mad that they didn't take time and effort to make their website work the way you want it to in this one particular edge case that nobody else runs into, particularly when you were able to figure out a way to get it done anyway.
Wow.

Where did I say they created this hurdle just to irritate me?

Chill out, dude. Happy Father's Day.
eneq likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 9:30 am

You said it's "unnecessary." It's implied in the wording of your posts. I mean you could say that when I was born the doctors unnecessarily left my appendix in but everyone would agree that's an extremely weird way to word it considering it's the default and requires effort to remove. You talk about "simplicity," it's literally a million times simpler for them to leave it this way and have you, the only person this effects, take a one-time action to get what you want.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Based on your projected flying and already flown, you'll meet both the MQMs and MQSs for FO and your projection of hitting $25K spend on your DL Platinum will get you the AMEX waiver so MQDs are immaterial.
You have 12 MQS. You're projecting 3 or 4 trips that have a connection which means 12 or 16 base MQS multiplied by 1.5 equals 18 to 24 additional which gives you 30 to 36 MQS with 30 required.
You have 6000 MQMs. Each of your 3 or 4 trips will get you at least 6000 MQM for another 18,000 to 24,000. In addition, you'll get 12,500 MQM when you hit the $25,000 spend on the DL Platinum card. That means you'll have well over thMQM for FO and will roll over at least 11,000 MQM to next year.You're in a no sweat situation as long as you make your flights as projected - 3 R/T minimum.
It looks like I've gotten 3000 MQM for the two trips so far, which makes 6000 total. If that's the case, it looks like MQS may be the easier box to check and could be done with a minimum of six segments (unless I'm missing something).

edit- Never mind, I forgot about the MQM bonus for the spend. 6000 current balance+12500 bonus=18500MQM+any 6500MQM=Silver.

Any two R/Ts plus a little extra will do it.

Last edited by JSprague24; Jun 20, 2021 at 2:09 pm
Old Jun 20, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by JSprague24
It looks like I've gotten 3000 MQM for the two trips so far, which makes 6000 total. If that's the case, it looks like MQS may be the easier box to check and could be done with a minimum of six segments (unless I'm missing something).

edit- Never mind, I forgot about the MQM bonus for the spend. 6000 current balance+12500 bonus=18500MQM+any 6500MQM=Silver.

Any two R/Ts plus a little extra will do it.
Sorry, I made a mistake on the distances of your trips. CMH-ATL-DAB-ATL-CMH are all minimum segments do the base R/T is 2000 MQM. If you don't upgrade to C+ or F you'll get 3,000 MQM including the 1.5 Accelerator for each. If you upgrade with $ or Miles to C+ the base will get 50% boost to 3,000 and the Accelerator multiplier will be 1.75 so you would get 5,250 MQM for each trip. If you but C+ when you book, you're fine. If you buy up afterward, you have to be careful how and when you do it. You need to do it with an offer from the APP or website BEFORE you check-in.

I don't know which routing you'll take for CMH-XXX-SAN-XXX-CMH but it looks like almost all the flights are mainline and C+ is about a 20% additional cost. If it's a business trip paid by your employer I'd offer to reimburse for the fare difference in order to get the significantly higher MQM's and MQD's. You'd also get 7 MQS's for each trip instead of 6.

CMH-DTW-SAN = 2454 MQM
CMH-MSP-SAN = 2141 MQM
CMH-ATL-SAN = 2398 MQM

Mix and match for your R/T which is between 4282 and 4908 plus the Accelerator Bonus of 1.5 or 1.75.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 10:04 am

Should basic economy award flight earn mqm? My flight which I took about 7 days ago was posted with Reason Code N. If I should get mqm for this flight, how can I get it fixed? Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Here's my understanding. I'd hope that someone like flyerCO, with greater first hand experience, would chime in.

OP for this question booked with DL on DL metal. He was changed to another carrier which entitles him to change/cancellation per FAA rules/regs.

If they only offer to change him to another non-original (in this case DL) carrier it's still a change of carrier and can be rejected by the passenger. As an aside, a DL codeshare on another carrier is still another carrier. If DL continues to service either the origin or destination on their metal they should accommodate him. If they no longer served the destination they should allow him to change to an acceptable alternative. Example - they're not serving BRU right now so one should be able to fly to AMS or CDG as an alternative.

Now for some reality. Understaffed and overloaded call centers with many calls being handled by less experienced CSR's means that you're not necessarily speaking with a CSR who's experienced in many aspects of the rules and procedures. In a case like this, I'd politely HUCA and probably call Singapore.

I realize that the following is domestic and that as a DM I've always had co-terminal changes given to me. I've had 6 or 7 domestic carrier changes since October 2020 from mainline to regional direct flights (JFK-MSY and MSY-JFK) with no mainline alternative and in every case, I've switched to a connection through LGA which is more convenient. My wife, a GM, has had 2 of these where she's travelling without me and they made the same changes for her. Admittedly, I did call the DM line for the requests for her.

As always, YMMV, but as a 360 I'd expect that they'd bend over backwards to accommodate you.

Addition:

A JV is still a carrier change.

I called the Diamond desk and they said that they can see the original ticket, they will credit the 50/75% bonus based on the original delta metal ticket even though you are flying KLM metal for example. It is because the change is on the Delta side, not your side.
Old Jun 21, 2021, 2:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kchengg1
I called the Diamond desk and they said that they can see the original ticket, they will credit the 50/75% bonus based on the original delta metal ticket even though you are flying KLM metal for example. It is because the change is on the Delta side, not your side.
It might (as always) be YMMV, but this seems to indicate that DL is applying the accelerator to ORC requests. This is good to know.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:03 am

If I am on a RT flight and riding MC one way and C+ the return, do I get the 50% bonus for the first half and 75% for the second? Seems like I should right?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by uncleruckus
If I am on a RT flight and riding MC one way and C+ the return, do I get the 50% bonus for the first half and 75% for the second? Seems like I should right?
Yes, provided it's paid C+, and not complementary upgraded.

Each segment is calculated on its own.
Old Jun 23, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
So far all of my flights (Around 10-11) have posted correctly in the C+ and FC amounts. Even the upgrades as well have posted correctly. At first I didn't think I'd make Silver even with it, but looks like I'll hit gold no problem. Delta needs to sell their software to Marriott to solve their points woes lol.
Catskilltraveller likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Yes, provided it's paid C+, and not complementary upgraded.

Each segment is calculated on its own.
Perfect, that is what I thought! Seems obvious but they didn't outline this in any of the scenarios on their website, which is a bit odd to me. Thanks. I bought the C+ outright for $75 more than MC, seems worth it for the extra 25% which should keep me at Silver...
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:02 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
My wife just checked her Skymiles account and it seems for Delta Flight: LGA - DCA which she booked using my AF miles seem to have received 500MQM...... this probably shouldn't happen right....
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
My wife just checked her Skymiles account and it seems for Delta Flight: LGA - DCA which she booked using my AF miles seem to have received 500MQM...... this probably shouldn't happen right....
right now flights booked with miles earn miles.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dszrew
right now flights booked with miles earn miles.
Flights need to be both DL marketed and operated to qualify for program. I believe all award flights carry marketing code of operating carrier even when issued by another program which is why it probably qualified. If it had been an AF marketed flight, it likely wouldn't have qualified for program and earned miles.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Don't think I saw one here, but does anyone have a concrete example of how MQD credited on mixed carrier award travel including partners?

As an example, I have some 95K SFO-JFK (Delta One), JFK-GRU (Latam Business) awards coming up in the forthcoming months and am curious how the calculation might work out MQD-wise--even just a guesstimate. (Delta support couldn't come up with a good answer.)
have you completed this trip? Has anyone? I am considering some travel to Europe and can not calculate expected MQD without knowing how the base MQD are divided up on a mixed-carrier ticket.

Has anyone taken a paid, mixed-carrier trip under this promotion and determined how the MQD are divided among the segments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.