Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by gooselee
LOL so the takeaway is that award tickets with RUC/GUCs are totally YMMV.

For those that didn't post correctly, have they at least gotten readily corrected with a call-in or comment/complaint submission? I have one of these trips coming up in a couple months so hopefully it's a little more sorted out by then.
I just finished an award flight where I had paid ($) upgrades for 3 of the 4 segments. Very odd postings. MQM on the first two segments (which were upgraded) had base MQM but not class of service MQM. But, the Accelerator MQM were calculated off the base plus bonus MQM. On my 4th segment (also upgraded), I had base MQM, no bonus MQM, and Accelerator was calculated on just the base MQM. So, the calculations are wrong, and inconsistently wrong as well.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hyatt Explorist, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I'm in the same boat and hoping 'several weeks' for the MQD waiver to post doesn't linger past both statement close and July trip. Am currently sitting at 71K MQMs for the year after missing GM by 84 MQMs for 2021. (I sent a request to get bumped up anyways as a courtesy and that request remains in the void) and it would be nice to have GM in place for the way out and PM for the trip back home.

The purchase that took me over the $25k MQD waiver was made on June 1 and the charge posted on June 3. Bonus MQMs of 12,500 posted same day on June 3. This morning (June 10), MQD waiver posted. 2022 status shows the updated medallion level but actual medallion is still silver. From what others experienced, my status should change to PM by tomorrow when Delta’s system catches up.

Your MQD waiver post soon. I think.
beachmouse likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gooselee
LOL so the takeaway is that award tickets with RUC/GUCs are totally YMMV.

For those that didn't post correctly, have they at least gotten readily corrected with a call-in or comment/complaint submission? I have one of these trips coming up in a couple months so hopefully it's a little more sorted out by then.
The T&C's say RUC/GUC's upgraded tickets don't qualify for higher bonus amounts. Mileage Upgrade Awards and upgrades purchased at check-in/gate are also excluded. Basically, only FCM upgrades purchased prior to check-in appear to qualify for higher bonus.
  • Paid upgrades exclude Upgrade certificates, Mileage Upgrade Awards or upgrades purchased at check-in or at the gate.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DCAhome
I just finished an award flight where I had paid ($) upgrades for 3 of the 4 segments. Very odd postings. MQM on the first two segments (which were upgraded) had base MQM but not class of service MQM. But, the Accelerator MQM were calculated off the base plus bonus MQM. On my 4th segment (also upgraded), I had base MQM, no bonus MQM, and Accelerator was calculated on just the base MQM. So, the calculations are wrong, and inconsistently wrong as well.
Sounds like fun!

Originally Posted by xliioper
The T&C's say RUC/GUC's upgraded tickets don't qualify for higher bonus amounts. Mileage Upgrade Awards and upgrades purchased at check-in/gate are also excluded. Basically, only FCM upgrades purchased prior to check-in appear to qualify for higher bonus.
  • Paid upgrades exclude Upgrade certificates, Mileage Upgrade Awards or upgrades purchased at check-in or at the gate.
Yep, would only expect them to post at the economy "rates". But some of the other posts sounded like they were posting with no MQM at all.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strangely, I now got the base MQMs for some award flights from April, but not the accelerator bonus. Maybe that takes more time?
Old Jun 10, 2021, 4:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Looks like on May 31 I got some bonus MQM/MQD for an April 2nd trip. I didn't even notice until today because they took so long to post.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Mileage Upgrade Awards and upgrades purchased at check-in/gate are also excluded. Basically, only FCM upgrades purchased prior to check-in appear to qualify for higher bonus.
I believe mileage upgrades do receive the bonus, but the bonus is calculated on the sum of the cash paid plus the miles redeemed for the upgrade/100. Because, you know, it wasn't complicated enough. .

What if I pay to upgrade my cabin after I’ve purchased my ticket?
  • You will earn the bonuses based on the cabin you paid for and flew.
  • For example, if you buy a Main Cabin ticket for $300 and later upgrade to First Class for $150, you will earn a 75% bonus MQMs, MQSs and MQDs on both the original purchase and the upgrade.
  • If you purchase a ticket and then later upgrade with miles, the MQDs for the upgrade will be calculated based on the mileage price divided by 100. The sum of the MQDs earned for the original purchase and MQDs earned for the upgrade will receive the 75% bonus.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Night Flyer
I believe mileage upgrades do receive the bonus, but the bonus is calculated on the sum of the cash paid plus the miles redeemed for the upgrade/100. Because, you know, it wasn't complicated enough. .

What if I pay to upgrade my cabin after I’ve purchased my ticket?
  • You will earn the bonuses based on the cabin you paid for and flew.
  • For example, if you buy a Main Cabin ticket for $300 and later upgrade to First Class for $150, you will earn a 75% bonus MQMs, MQSs and MQDs on both the original purchase and the upgrade.
  • If you purchase a ticket and then later upgrade with miles, the MQDs for the upgrade will be calculated based on the mileage price divided by 100. The sum of the MQDs earned for the original purchase and MQDs earned for the upgrade will receive the 75% bonus.
As with Miles + Cash not being Pay With Miles, there's a difference between a Mileage Upgrade Award and upgrading with miles.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhdl
As with Miles + Cash not being Pay With Miles, there's a difference between a Mileage Upgrade Award and upgrading with miles.
Yep.

Upgrading with miles = FCM online offers prior to check-in where you can use either cash or miles (at 1 CPM) to upgrade your flight. These are eligible.
Mileage Upgrade Awards = Fixed mileage upgrades which are limited to K or higher fares (or Premium Select) and must be processed by an agent. These are not eligible.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:46 pm

So I booked a business class flight to LHR during a recent sale. Connecting through BOS just to stay on Delta metal so I could get the accelerator bump. Today they changed my schedule and now I am on Virgin. Looks like they are down to one flight a day and it's on Virgin.

Time change is only 90 minutes so I don't think I get an automatic change in the booking without a fee, but I am planning to try to get in touch with Delta to see if there's any way I can either get back on Delta or get my "bonus". If I hadn't wanted the accelerator bonus I would have booked the nonstop from ATL on Virgin originally... SIGH
Old Jun 12, 2021, 7:52 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by xjaehyun
The purchase that took me over the $25k MQD waiver was made on June 1 and the charge posted on June 3. Bonus MQMs of 12,500 posted same day on June 3. This morning (June 10), MQD waiver posted. 2022 status shows the updated medallion level but actual medallion is still silver. From what others experienced, my status should change to PM by tomorrow when Delta’s system catches up.

Your MQD waiver post soon. I think.
And it's posted now. Never would have happened without some massive rollover but I'll take it.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So I booked a business class flight to LHR during a recent sale. Connecting through BOS just to stay on Delta metal so I could get the accelerator bump. Today they changed my schedule and now I am on Virgin. Looks like they are down to one flight a day and it's on Virgin.

Time change is only 90 minutes so I don't think I get an automatic change in the booking without a fee, but I am planning to try to get in touch with Delta to see if there's any way I can either get back on Delta or get my "bonus". If I hadn't wanted the accelerator bonus I would have booked the nonstop from ATL on Virgin originally... SIGH
The time change doesn't matter. You have a change of carrier so that gives you lots of flexibility. You can cancel for a refund or, if you prefer, probably change to another departure point that has DL metal to LHR since BOS no longer satisfies DL metal criteria.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 10:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

I am feeling your pain. My flight from CDG was changed and I was going to miss it since it was a layover from RNS. They advanced the schedule, I had to rebook and now I am coming back with AF. Sighs 😕
Old Jun 12, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
The time change doesn't matter. You have a change of carrier so that gives you lots of flexibility. You can cancel for a refund or, if you prefer, probably change to another departure point that has DL metal to LHR since BOS no longer satisfies DL metal criteria.
Say more about the DL metal criteria? I had a trip that went one stop from non-stop that would be much better on a direct to CDG (vs. via AMS, to BRU) and they said it had to be the same destination. Wonder if the departure point also applies to the arrival point.
The DL metal requirement for the accelerator is a huge (and lame) pain given I thought they had a TATL JV.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:19 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by mayhem
Say more about the DL metal criteria? I had a trip that went one stop from non-stop that would be much better on a direct to CDG (vs. via AMS, to BRU) and they said it had to be the same destination. Wonder if the departure point also applies to the arrival point.
The DL metal requirement for the accelerator is a huge (and lame) pain given I thought they had a TATL JV.
Here's my understanding. I'd hope that someone like flyerCO, with greater first hand experience, would chime in.

OP for this question booked with DL on DL metal. He was changed to another carrier which entitles him to change/cancellation per FAA rules/regs.

If they only offer to change him to another non-original (in this case DL) carrier it's still a change of carrier and can be rejected by the passenger. As an aside, a DL codeshare on another carrier is still another carrier. If DL continues to service either the origin or destination on their metal they should accommodate him. If they no longer served the destination they should allow him to change to an acceptable alternative. Example - they're not serving BRU right now so one should be able to fly to AMS or CDG as an alternative.

Now for some reality. Understaffed and overloaded call centers with many calls being handled by less experienced CSR's means that you're not necessarily speaking with a CSR who's experienced in many aspects of the rules and procedures. In a case like this, I'd politely HUCA and probably call Singapore.

I realize that the following is domestic and that as a DM I've always had co-terminal changes given to me. I've had 6 or 7 domestic carrier changes since October 2020 from mainline to regional direct flights (JFK-MSY and MSY-JFK) with no mainline alternative and in every case, I've switched to a connection through LGA which is more convenient. My wife, a GM, has had 2 of these where she's travelling without me and they made the same changes for her. Admittedly, I did call the DM line for the requests for her.

As always, YMMV, but as a 360 I'd expect that they'd bend over backwards to accommodate you.

Addition:

A JV is still a carrier change.
mayhem and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Jun 13, 2021 at 5:22 am Reason: JV comment

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.