FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year
Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:19 am
SuperG1955

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by mayhem
Say more about the DL metal criteria? I had a trip that went one stop from non-stop that would be much better on a direct to CDG (vs. via AMS, to BRU) and they said it had to be the same destination. Wonder if the departure point also applies to the arrival point.
The DL metal requirement for the accelerator is a huge (and lame) pain given I thought they had a TATL JV.
Here's my understanding. I'd hope that someone like flyerCO, with greater first hand experience, would chime in.

OP for this question booked with DL on DL metal. He was changed to another carrier which entitles him to change/cancellation per FAA rules/regs.

If they only offer to change him to another non-original (in this case DL) carrier it's still a change of carrier and can be rejected by the passenger. As an aside, a DL codeshare on another carrier is still another carrier. If DL continues to service either the origin or destination on their metal they should accommodate him. If they no longer served the destination they should allow him to change to an acceptable alternative. Example - they're not serving BRU right now so one should be able to fly to AMS or CDG as an alternative.

Now for some reality. Understaffed and overloaded call centers with many calls being handled by less experienced CSR's means that you're not necessarily speaking with a CSR who's experienced in many aspects of the rules and procedures. In a case like this, I'd politely HUCA and probably call Singapore.

I realize that the following is domestic and that as a DM I've always had co-terminal changes given to me. I've had 6 or 7 domestic carrier changes since October 2020 from mainline to regional direct flights (JFK-MSY and MSY-JFK) with no mainline alternative and in every case, I've switched to a connection through LGA which is more convenient. My wife, a GM, has had 2 of these where she's travelling without me and they made the same changes for her. Admittedly, I did call the DM line for the requests for her.

As always, YMMV, but as a 360 I'd expect that they'd bend over backwards to accommodate you.

Addition:

A JV is still a carrier change.

Last edited by SuperG1955; Jun 13, 2021 at 5:22 am Reason: JV comment