FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year
Old Jun 12, 2021, 9:40 pm
SuperG1955

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So I booked a business class flight to LHR during a recent sale. Connecting through BOS just to stay on Delta metal so I could get the accelerator bump. Today they changed my schedule and now I am on Virgin. Looks like they are down to one flight a day and it's on Virgin.

Time change is only 90 minutes so I don't think I get an automatic change in the booking without a fee, but I am planning to try to get in touch with Delta to see if there's any way I can either get back on Delta or get my "bonus". If I hadn't wanted the accelerator bonus I would have booked the nonstop from ATL on Virgin originally... SIGH
The time change doesn't matter. You have a change of carrier so that gives you lots of flexibility. You can cancel for a refund or, if you prefer, probably change to another departure point that has DL metal to LHR since BOS no longer satisfies DL metal criteria.