FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Status Accelerator - 2021/2022 Skymiles Year
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:25 pm
allseas1586

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by lonelygod
well, sort of a surprising answer - maybe I didn't take ACCELERATOR101 that well:

Purchased main cabin award ticket, then paid $$ to upgrade to first class. Then schedule change hit.

During the ticket re-issue, upgrade fees were gone in the receipt, but I kept the F seat in the new itinerary.

Called today, both Singapore line and U.S. platinum desk, both said the upgrade fee wouldn't earn me miles, or MQDs, after they "discussed" this with Skymiles desk.
Originally Posted by rylan
That is just plain wrong and customer-hostile... so you pay for an upgrade, DL changes the schedule on us do they have to re-issue, and now you don't get any earning on what you paid for? I call total BS
I had this happen as well… it took a couple calls to the Platinum desk and messaging but eventually they were about to get “IT” to manually correct it. Not sure it was totally worth the hassle, but I wasn’t giving up. At that point I thought I would need all the MQD I could get this year.