Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:52 am

Question for anyone who is registered for the bonus MQM/RDM offer, their AMEX tracker is frozen and they have reached a spending threshold after they registered for the MQM/RDM bonus offer. What happened with the MQM boost for reaching the spending threshold? Did you receive the MQM boost a) within a few days or b) after the next statement closed or you have not received the MQM boost and c) next statement has not closed or d) next statement has closed. I think most people are at c), maybe a couple are at d) but I am curious if anyone is at a) or b)?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by shidden
Question for anyone who is registered for the bonus MQM/RDM offer, their AMEX tracker is frozen and they have reached a spending threshold after they registered for the MQM/RDM bonus offer. What happened with the MQM boost for reaching the spending threshold? Did you receive the MQM boost a) within a few days or b) after the next statement closed or you have not received the MQM boost and c) next statement has not closed or d) next statement has closed. I think most people are at c), maybe a couple are at d) but I am curious if anyone is at a) or b)?
I'm a little confused about the distinction between the options, but my statement closed 9/15. I crossed the MQM threshold somewhere during the period ending 9/15. Since the promo didn't start until 8/17, I probably crossed the spend threshold after 8/17. I have not received the threshold MQMs as of 9/21. I am certain I am over the threshold even with any credits, etc.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by El Boocho
I'm a little confused about the distinction between the options, but my statement closed 9/15. I crossed the MQM threshold somewhere during the period ending 9/15. Since the promo didn't start until 8/17, I probably crossed the spend threshold after 8/17. I have not received the threshold MQMs as of 9/21. I am certain I am over the threshold even with any credits, etc.
I am almost exactly the same as this scenario. Statement closed 9/9. Online tracker basically seems to have frozen when the promo registered, showing me "$221.85 to go!" to $90k ever since, while the Delta app shows me at "$96K+" at this point. I was definitely over $90 when the statement cycled. Have not received any threshold MQMs, and am denied when I try to request them online.
Pianoman109876 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:45 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Originally Posted by shidden
Crossed an MQM threshold before my statement closed on 09/13. AMEX rep verified that I had passed threshold during statement that closed. Still no acknowledgment from Delta that MQM's are forthcoming, and AMEX tracker on their own website still stuck, showing that I am short of threshold.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:38 pm

OK, so this appears to be what's going on. Registering for the Bonus MQM/RDM Offer freezes the AMEX status tracker. This does not affect the spend tracker in the Delta app and the MQM/RDM from the bonus offer are posting after the statement period closes. However, since the AMEX status tracker is frozen, MQM boosts are not posting when a spending level is reached nor after the statement period closes. So now WE know what is going on but I wonder if AMEX knows?
landrover and GagaPilot like this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:12 am

Programs: Hyatt-Glob, DL-Dia, AA-EXP
Another data point to support the posters above that registering for the Bonus MQM/RDM offer appears to freeze the status tracker.

As a result, threshold MQMs are not posting.

I called Delta Amex Reserve Customer Service and was advised they are aware of the issue, but no clear resolution timeframe provided.
Firstboss, landrover and shidden like this.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by socalflying
Crossed an MQM threshold before my statement closed on 09/13. AMEX rep verified that I had passed threshold during statement that closed. Still no acknowledgment from Delta that MQM's are forthcoming, and AMEX tracker on their own website still stuck, showing that I am short of threshold.
So you haven't received the bonus MQMs yet? I was assuming this was only a cosmetic problem, but if you haven't received your MQMs, this is much more significant.

I'll have my own data point in about a week.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 12:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think I should have received my email yesterday about whether I want to keep or gift 15,000 threshold MQMs from my Reserve card. Some increments of 500 MQMs for spending under the new promo did post as expected earlier this week.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:00 pm
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by josephstern
So you haven't received the bonus MQMs yet? I was assuming this was only a cosmetic problem, but if you haven't received your MQMs, this is much more significant.

I'll have my own data point in about a week.
I haven't received my threshold bonus MQM's either and I passed it in my August statement. When I talked to Delta, they said they could see that I'd passed the threshold and sent me a link to claim them. But when I tried it, I got the "you haven't qualified" message. So Delta sent me back to AMEX. AMEX pointed the finger back at Delta and told me I'd need to wait 8-12 weeks to receive them.

Last edited by Taz; Sep 23, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the past, I would watch for the 15,000 RDMs to post to my account and then log into the DL website and search to find the link.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Data points
Spend:
Delta.com - Looks like my spend tracker is counting all spend
Amex - The tracker is stuck at pre-promotion levels

MQMs:
Delta.com - Bonus from the 500 per 1000 have posted.
Delta.com - 10K MQM Bonus for passing $50k on the DL Plat card was not posted. At the close of the August statement I was $1k short. At the close of September statement I was well over, but still not posted.

RDMs:
Delta.com - Bonus from the 500 per 1000 have posted.
Delta.com - Full amount of regular miles earned from spend have posted
Delta.com - What appears to be full amount of bonus miles earned from supermarket, restaurants, etc spend have posted
Delta.com - A refund of Delta charges was reversed at negative 3x miles, but I'm pretty sure it earned at 2x as it was booked last year
Where do I find the spend tracker on Delta.com? (I am having the same issue with the frozen tracker on the AMEX site.)
Old Sep 23, 2020, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta 2.6 MM/FC/PM
Originally Posted by DCA-Flyer
Another data point to support the posters above that registering for the Bonus MQM/RDM offer appears to freeze the status tracker.

As a result, threshold MQMs are not posting.

I called Delta Amex Reserve Customer Service and was advised they are aware of the issue, but no clear resolution timeframe provided.
I am in the same boat as well. No progress on the AMEX site since I signed up for the Bonus Offer. Stuck at @$21,000 when actual spend is @$28,000. And no MQM Bonus because I'm stuck below the $25,000 threshold.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 3:38 pm

did anyone with a frozen tracker NOT get the letter for clawbacks on either of the promos a lot of people took advantage of?
trying to see if there is any correlation.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
Where do I find the spend tracker on Delta.com? (I am having the same issue with the frozen tracker on the AMEX site.)
On the "My Skymiles" page there are 4 horizontal tracker bars. Two are blue and related to MQMs and MQSs, respectively. The other 2 are green and relate to MQDs and Card Spend, respectively.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Originally Posted by burnerx213
did anyone with a frozen tracker NOT get the letter for clawbacks on either of the promos a lot of people took advantage of?
trying to see if there is any correlation.
I'm one of the frozen ones, and I never rec'd a letter about any clawbacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.