Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Same question here, I feel like the spend updated more frequently in the past. As of today Dec 3, my account is showing "3. Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Spend as of NOV 21 2018".

Is this what everyone else is experiencing?
Note that the post you were quoting is over a year old, so obviously this is not new. There have been similar observations in other threads. It appears to me that there is now a gap between the "as of" date and when they post an update on the website. Mine just updated a day or two ago, but says as of Nov 26 2018. So I suspect you will not see an "as of" that's within the last week or so. Having the gap would allow them to subtract out any recent returns or credits from the value. Aside from the week lag between as of date and website update, it looks to me like the updates are roughly bi-monthly now (I believe my previous as of date was Nov 11).

Last edited by xliioper; Dec 7, 2018 at 3:44 am
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's still November 12th for me. Maybe DL has given up on getting $250,000 on my AmEx.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by audidudi
Same for me...no updates since 21st November.
Latest update was done on 26th November! So AmEx/DL is slowly catching up!
Old Dec 8, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Mine updated overnight or this morning to December 3rd.

ADDED: And it updated again overnight (one night later) to December 5th.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Dec 9, 2018 at 8:48 am
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Mine updated overnight or this morning to December 3rd.

ADDED: And it updated again overnight (one night later) to December 5th.
Seeing the same thing, mine was also updated on 12/8 with a Dec 3 date and then again on 12/9 with a Dec 5 date. Maybe they've fixed a connection issue and will continue to update every few days?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by jmgriffin
Seeing the same thing, mine was also updated on 12/8 with a Dec 3 date and then again on 12/9 with a Dec 5 date. Maybe they've fixed a connection issue and will continue to update every few days?
That would be nice, especially around the end of the year.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
It updated a 2nd time today, now showing "as of DEC 06 2018". Here's the new summary:
  • Updated ?? as of NOV 21 2018
  • Updated on 12/8 as of DEC 03 2018
  • Updated on 12/9 as of DEC 05 2018
  • Updated on 12/9 (2nd time) as of DEC 06 2018
  • Updated on 12/10 as of DEC 07 2018
Hopefully it continues!

Has anyone ever had an issue with the Delta website not reflecting the correct AMEX spend amount? I'm really close to the waiver threshold but the DL is showing about $3-4k less than AMEX.

Last edited by jmgriffin; Dec 10, 2018 at 6:12 am Reason: edit to include 12/10 update
Old Dec 10, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Update: Friend said the update rolled out over the weekend and his spend is now correct. Odd it took so long for some this year.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by LBJ
The 10K MQM Boost will not post until your next statement close. There is nothing you can do to speed this up. If your next statement close is not until January, they will just backdate the Boost to Dec 31, 2018 and count it towards your 2018 totals.
The MQD counter is updated more frequently and is unrelated to when the MQM Boost will post. The MQD counter used to be updated every few days, but now it seems to be every few weeks. Mine just updated a day or two ago and shows spend as of Nov 26 (which was my last statement close). So it is not actually an up-to-date amount. I suspect they changed it to update less frequently to reduce cases where people go above the MQD waiver threshold and then drop below it due to returning something.
For me, the MQD count has always been updated when my miles (MQM, MQS, and RDM) post for the flights in question. It has nothing to do with when my AmEx card statement closes.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I hit the $25K amount in February. Delta still shows $21-22K. There was no manufactured spending or anything like that.

Delta issued the 10K MQM bonus when the threshold was reached.

Delta says Amex has to send the message to issue the waiver. I've been communicating with Amex for two months now, asking repeatedly for it. They claimed to have issued it, Delta hasn't received it.

Of course, neither Amex nor Delta will let me talk to the department involved.

I wonder if I took both of them to Small Claims Court over the difference in value (per some website) between Gold (based on MQDs) and Platinum (with the waiver), and got them both to explain to the judge how it was the other one's fault, if the sheer entertainment value would be worth it.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by sethb
I hit the $25K amount in February. Delta still shows $21-22K. There was no manufactured spending or anything like that.

Delta issued the 10K MQM bonus when the threshold was reached.

Delta says AmEx has to send the message to issue the waiver. I've been communicating with AmEx for two months now, asking repeatedly for it. They claimed to have issued it, Delta hasn't received it.

Of course, neither AmEx, nor Delta will let me talk to the department involved.

I wonder if I took both of them to Small Claims Court over the difference in value (per some website) between Gold (based on MQDs) and Platinum (with the waiver), and got them both to explain to the judge how it was the other one's fault, if the sheer entertainment value would be worth it.
Does this qualify to go on "Judge Judy"? I would love to see that episode! LOL!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:03 am

Hi SkyMiles Team, has this matter been resolved? How often should it update?

Originally Posted by SkyMilesTeam
Hi everyone, wanted to let you know that we recognize that some Member’s MQD Waiver Card spend bar is not displaying accurate spend towards the waiver. Rest assured that all MQDs are still being accurately accounted for in our system and that this is a display issue only. We are working through a solution to fix the display as soon as possible.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You missed the follow-up post. Note this was all from way back in March.

Hi everyone – happy to report the MQD Waiver display issue has been fixed. But, as some of you pointed out, we also discovered some Members’ MQD Waiver spend was actually incorrect beyond just the display. For a small group of Members, this meant reaching the next Tier of Status in error. We’ve now fixed this too and all accounts are correct and reflecting the right Status. We’re sorry about this, and we’re working hard to prevent issues like these - we know it’s frustrating. Feel free to contact us if you are still experiencing any issues, and have a great rest of your day.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Delta just informed me that Amex hasn't updated my spend since February 9, 2018.

Amex said they told Delta on February 16 that I reached the $25,000 waiver spend, and Delta accepted the message.
Renes Points likes this.

Last edited by sethb; Dec 20, 2018 at 4:50 pm Reason: More finger-pointing
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Spent $25K since 1-Jan - DL shows nothing YTD. It was updating 2x weekly last year. Statement rolls over on the 20'th. I hope the glitch is temporary - never had issues with spend posting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.