Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Originally Posted by josephstern
So you haven't received the bonus MQMs yet? I was assuming this was only a cosmetic problem, but if you haven't received your MQMs, this is much more significant.

I'll have my own data point in about a week.
That is correct--no bonus MQM's for passing a $30K threshold, and after initially receiving 1000 MQM's and RDM's under the new program, no more of those bonuses, either, despite having put several more thousands on the card.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by socalflying
I'm one of the frozen ones, and I never rec'd a letter about any clawbacks.
Same here. Signed up for MQM promo, DL tracker up to current, Amex tracker frozen. No clawback email.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 6:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For me, there's absolutely no reason for a clawback and I haven't received such a letter either.
Old Sep 23, 2020, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For me, there's absolutely no reason for a clawback and I haven't received such a letter either.
Ok. Thanks for the DPs. Purposely being vague but was trying to check for correlations between other issues. Seems to be system wide tracker issue
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:36 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
+1
Originally Posted by DCA-Flyer
Another data point to support the posters above that registering for the Bonus MQM/RDM offer appears to freeze the status tracker. As a result, threshold MQMs are not posting.
I called Delta Amex Reserve Customer Service and was advised they are aware of the issue, but no clear resolution timeframe provided.
I chatted with Amex twice - no resolution - called DL - no effect - then emailed DL
The Bonus MQMs are posting at once - 500 for each 1k spend - even before the statement; but,
the threshold MQMs are not posting within 2 days of the statement as before and the tracker is frozen. Shows only 19$ spend for the year
The RDMs for spend posted at 2 days after statement - in the past 1-2 days has been typical
The 50% bonus miles for the Platinum Business card (for single purchases over 5k) posted 3-4 days after statement, rather than with the statement

Last edited by ffI; Sep 23, 2020 at 9:46 pm
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:40 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Angry

Originally Posted by Magnum75
Same issue here as well. We're going to need a bigger boat.

No clawback email either. Why should they - they wanted us to spend and they got it!
Why not let the reps know - some one has to tell them their programs are not working - I understand that when they add a promo and add a line of code, it ruins another line somewhere else - but if no one tells them - they will think they are "best in class" as usual. However I do not expect most reps to know anything about the skymiles program or promos - they read from the rules and script

Last edited by ffI; Sep 23, 2020 at 9:49 pm
Old Sep 23, 2020, 9:56 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
1 My bonus MQMs (500 per $1000 spend) posted all at once within a day of the statement closing, probably on the same day but I need to examine the bill to check this.

3 My RDMs posted on the same date, albeit earlier according to the way the lines are ordered on the DL app, absolutely as expected.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Hertz PC
Instead of a frozen tracker this is what I'm seeing on the AmEx site today:

I crossed a $30k spend threshold on Saturday. The tracker in the app finally updated last night (haven't received the boost email yet). Other data points: I am also signed up for the MQM bonus (I received MQMs around the close of my last statement). I did not receive the clawback email (not even sure what's that about, will go browse some more FT).
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:13 am

Instead of a frozen tracker this is what I'm seeing on the AmEx site today:

I crossed a $30k spend threshold on Saturday. The tracker in the app finally updated last night (haven't received the boost email yet). Other data points: I am also signed up for the MQM bonus (I received MQMs around the close of my last statement). I did not receive the clawback email (not even sure what's that about, will go browse some more FT).
You shouldn't expect to get the email until a day or so after the *statement* showing the $30,000 in eligible spend closes. This can be almost a month after the spend posts to your account.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You shouldn't expect to get the email until a day or so after the *statement* showing the $30,000 in eligible spend closes. This can be almost a month after the spend posts to your account.
Thanks. I couldn't remember when I received it the last time.

Also the tracker on the AmEx site is now showing again for me. It updated somewhat, but is still not matching the one in the app. I thought maybe it wasn't showing because they were working on the issue, but who knows...
SNAGuy likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum

Also the tracker on the AmEx site is now showing again for me. It updated somewhat, but is still not matching the one in the app. I thought maybe it wasn't showing because they were working on the issue, but who knows...
My tracker also went up incrementally, but is still nowhere near correct....
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:10 am

Are you referring to the spend tracker on the DL app? Or is there a tracker on the Amex app too?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM

Noticed this last night on one of my accounts but like you still no where near where it should be. Looks like they might be getting it to work for newer charges and they will have to do an adjustment/reconciliation at the close of our next statement period. That's what I am hoping.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
My tracker also went up incrementally, but is still nowhere near correct....
Same here.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by jjangoo
Are you referring to the spend tracker on the DL app? Or is there a tracker on the Amex app too?
There is also a spend tracker on the AmEx site, on the home page of your account (assuming one has the appropriate DL branded AmEx - I have a Reserve).

Edit: Sorry, I don't know if there is one on the AmEx app, I don't use that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.