Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
Basically, same for me. This is a Platinum card, so the MQMs for hitting $25K should post automatically.

I hope mine will balance out over the weekend, but I'm not so sure.

I hit the $25K on another Platinum last month, and the MQM hit then as they should have.

Now I got my "You’ve Earned 10,000 MQMs With Your Card" email, but still no 10K MQM deposit.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm able to select my newly earned choice benefits in my account, to be chosen by January 31, 2022. This "proves" (based on my one datapoint) that earning status during 2020 results in earlier access to choice benefits compared to those who just use DL's status extension, who presumably will see new choice benefit options around February 1, 2021.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
Angry

I called Thursday, and they said it’s a “global issue”, and would be at least another 10 days before it’s fixed.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Breaking news: I just got an email from DL saying that I've earned 15,000 MQMs.

However, the email says that I have 30 days to decide whether to keep or gift these MQMs. IIRC in the past it was 90 days (a bit more or less in practice) before they were automatically sent to the DL FF account associated with the Reserve card. I think I recall people complaining here about missing MQMs when they had failed to make the decision for more than a month.
I can confirm that the system is starting to work it's way through and believe they still are only "counting" spend since the "glitch" (probably the starting of the new MQM/RDM spend promo promo). I can see IT wise that it will take longer for Amex to sort that part out.

Got my Status Boost Email this morning. The tracker on the Amex site has me working on my last boost but still not at the correct spend left to achieve that boost, I believe it is only showing spend activity starting up from a few days ago as have most of us observed .

Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's interesting that the picture in the third status boost email is D1 on a 767 while the photo for the second one looks like domestic FC seating and spacing.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - got my MQM bonus this morning also.

And my wife's card statement ended yesterday, and she already got hers.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's interesting that the picture in the third status boost email is D1 on a 767 while the photo for the second one looks like domestic FC seating and spacing.
LOL ... you are right as I looked back at my Status Boost emails. Here is the First Status Boost Image that is used.

Old Sep 27, 2020, 3:56 pm

Just sharing another datapoint: I checked my Amex account online this morning and noticed the Tracker jumped significantly overnight. It’s still around $1K short of the actual spend, which is reflected correctly on the DL website/app. The jump overnight did not coincide with any statement closure as I’m right in the middle of my statement cycle.

Will keep an eye on it and report anymore significant movement.

I’m doubtful I will reach the $25K spend threshold this year due to all of the COVID-related refunds, and with the status extension I’m not going to push for it as I did last year to hit the $50K boost. I will however have a few more of the $1K spend 500miles/500MQMs promo thresholds.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 7:16 am

I have 2 DL cards and my statement closed on 9/25 for both. Everything posted as expected for one of the cards but nothing posted for the other card yet. How long after statement cutoff should I get my normal RDM? I usually get it the day after.

My tracker is still stuck too, unfortunately.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:47 am

IME "normal" is the next day, but my experience last week was four business days. However, if none of the trackers is showing that you met the spend threshold, I wouldn't expect anything to happen until the tracker becomes unstuck.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 9:56 am

Oh I didn't mean the threshold bonuses, I was talking about the RDM you receive from general spend. Those usually post the day after statement cutoff, don't they?
Old Sep 28, 2020, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by jjangoo
Oh I didn't mean the threshold bonuses, I was talking about the RDM you receive from general spend. Those usually post the day after statement cutoff, don't they?
IME yes, but there's no more 15,000 extra RDMs when a $30,000 spend is hit on the Reserve card.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 7:11 pm

Looks like there are delays on regular miles as well.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 7:19 pm

It's one datapoint, but my RDMs appeared the day after my statement closed.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 10:21 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Fixed finally - got the email and the MQM today at same time. 10k MQM boost was useful; I kept looking for the 10k RDM boost then remembered that it was taken away with enhancements this year.
Originally Posted by ffI
+1 I chatted with Amex twice - no resolution - called DL - no effect - then emailed DL
The Bonus MQMs are posting at once - 500 for each 1k spend - even before the statement; but, the threshold MQMs are not posting within 2 days of the statement as before and the tracker is frozen. Shows only 19$ spend for the year
The RDMs for spend posted at 2 days after statement - in the past 1-2 days has been typical The 50% bonus miles for the Platinum Business card (for single purchases over 5k) posted 3-4 days after statement, rather than with the statement
First I saw the tracker move, but it lagged spend - it noted 1 purchase but not the other on the same day.
Even though the other was done first I guess it must have finally posted to Amex later
Originally Posted by LostInTranslation
My tracker also went up incrementally, but is still nowhere near correct....
This was over the weekend
Originally Posted by Georgia Peach
I called Thursday, and they said it’s a “global issue”, and would be at least another 10 days before it’s fixed.
Statement closed on the 8th - fixed 28th

THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARD MEMBER

Your Status Is Climbing

You’ve earned 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) for spending $25,000 on your Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card1 this year, and they've been automatically added to your account.

Earn Even More MQMs

MQMs can help you earn or elevate your Medallion Status. If you make another $25,000 in eligible purchases on your Card this calendar year, you can earn yet another 10,000 MQMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.