Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2021, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drminn
Not only has my tracker been slow to update, I got a message from Delta that I had spend $30K on my Reserve card and had been issued a MQM boost. Those miles have not shown up in my total, and it has been at least 10 days.
Did you go to the MQM Boost selection page and claim them for yourself? Reserve card MQM Boosts do not post automatically since you can gift them to someone else. There's a link in the email to the selection page.

lsquare likes this.

Last edited by xliioper; Aug 5, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Old Aug 5, 2021, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Wow, very annoying. By Brilliant I think you meant to say Reserve?

As for my tracker, it finally updated overnight. My grousing here is clearly what made it happen.
No, it's the Bonvoy Brilliant.
Old Sep 9, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
Probably doesn't matter, but I've used this link previously:

https://www.delta.com/deltareservemqm/mbrLanding.action
Just like last year, the email to me had an incorrect link that just took me to delta.com home page. I tried different browsers - no luck. I tried searched on delta.com and Google and came up empty. FT to the rescue - I did a search, found your link, and it worked. Thanks!
josephstern likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta- Gold
MQM & MQD Updates (MQD's Delayed???)

Hello Everyone-

I made sure to reach the amount needed to reach Platinum Status via my AMEX card but:

1) My MQM's updated (good)
2) MY MQD's still say I need $1-2K even though I have spent $27,000 on my AMEX for the year (and my Amex statement confirms this).

Do I just have to wait for the update or... are they accounting for some payments which wouldn't count? I don't want to mess this up!

Thanks!!!
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What total are you looking at for your annual spend? If you are looking at "2021 Year to Date" spend, you have to manually substract out things like returns, annual fees, and any penalties or interest charges as these reduce or do not qualify for MQD Waiver. My current 2021 year to date spend in over $33K, but my actual qualifying spend is $29K.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:05 am

This is what my AMEX says:

Track Your Status Boost™

Only 5 days left! Earn 12,500 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $50,000.00 in eligible purchases by December 31.

$27,056.65 spent

$22,943.35 to go

Boosts at

$50KUpdates daily. Additional Medallion® Status requirements apply.
See Terms.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:05 am

Thanks for such a quick response!
This is what my AMEX says:

Track Your Status Boost™

Only 5 days left! Earn 12,500 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $50,000.00 in eligible purchases by December 31.

$27,056.65 spent

$22,943.35 to go

Boosts at

$50KUpdates daily. Additional Medallion® Status requirements apply.
See Terms.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The DL MQD Waiver spend tracker is only updated once every week or two (it's in tiny print below MQD Waiver qualifying spend on delta.com My Skymiles webpage) . If you just passed the threshold recently, that's likely the explanation.

https://www.delta.com/acctactvty/myskymiles.action
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by xliioper
The DL MQD Waiver spend tracker is only updated once every week or two (it's in tiny print below MQD Waiver qualifying spend on delta.com) . If you passed the threshold recently, that's likely the explanation.
Thanks! So based on the info, I look good, right?

If I were to call to confirm, and I don't know if this is a possibility, would I call Delta or Amex?

Again, thank you.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bekachan
Thanks! So based on the info, I look good, right?

If I were to call to confirm, and I don't know if this is a possibility, would I call Delta or Amex?

Again, thank you.
Yes, you look good to go. I would check the last time your MQD waiver spend was updated on delta.com. If it's only been a week or two, you probably just need to wait a few more days. If you've been regular making spend and it hasn't been updated in many weeks or months, there's likely other issues going on.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: United Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
I have over 25K spend and nothing showing in Delta Skymiles and its May already. I called Amex and she said, we show you are platinum medallion already...(Which I am due to a challenge which ends in June). I guess I will have to wait until June 13th and see if I lose it. I'm not sure why my card spend doesn't update though. It seems like this is a persistent problem with Delta Amex Gold and Skymiles.

Last edited by scottemick; May 26, 2022 at 7:26 am
Old May 26, 2022, 8:30 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, HHonors Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Enterprise Silver
Originally Posted by scottemick
I have over 25K spend and nothing showing in Delta Skymiles and its May already. I called Amex and she said, we show you are platinum medallion already...(Which I am due to a challenge which ends in June). I guess I will have to wait until June 13th and see if I lose it. I'm not sure why my card spend doesn't update though. It seems like this is a persistent problem with Delta Amex Gold and Skymiles.
The Delta Amex Gold does not count towards the MQD waiver - only the Delta Amex Platinum and Reserve Cards. They got rid of the gold card counting a few years back (2020 IIRC).
Old May 26, 2022, 9:21 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by pharmflyer
The Delta Amex Gold does not count towards the MQD waiver - only the Delta Amex Platinum and Reserve Cards. They got rid of the gold card counting a few years back (2020 IIRC).
Yep: Skymiles Gold AMEX no longer eligible for $25k MQD waiver

All is not entirely lost however -- if a Gold card holder were to sign up for a new DL Plat or Reserve AMEX, then once you have that card all of your YTD spend on the Gold will count. You can also upgrade the Gold to a Plat or Reserve, after which your YTD spend will count; but the usual FT advice is to sign up for a new card in preference to upgrading, if you are eligible for a signup bonus offer.
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thanks, I'm pretty sure it was advertised as such and the customer service agent at Amex said it should as well..I can upgrade my card though....I wonder why it was advertised and Amex didn't know about the changes....Seems like there is confusion.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:16 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I suppose I don't need to keep platinum that bad on delta right away, I will look into getting a new card and collecting the bonus if I can....I primarily use United and have platinum there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.