Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
Good idea, tardyturtle , but then we have to find out at what point it stops updating

In my case I had quite a lot of travel re-bookings before the Corona which were all processed as refunds. Plus occasional store returns. So, it would be quite a tedious calculation for the full year, but your approach might be an easy way out!
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Firstboss
Good idea, tardyturtle , but then we have to find out at what point it stops updating

In my case I had quite a lot of travel re-bookings before the Corona which were all processed as refunds. Plus occasional store returns. So, it would be quite a tedious calculation for the full year, but your approach might be an easy way out!
There is a YTD spending option in "Statements & Activities" then on the left click on "View by Year" and select 2020 Year to Date. That will total everything up including refunds, credits, etc.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by El Boocho
There is a YTD spending option in "Statements & Activities" then on the left click on "View by Year" and select 2020 Year to Date. That will total everything up including refunds, credits, etc.
Do credits from Amex offers count against the tracker? Also keep in mind that when you're tallying this way you need to leave out the AF.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Gold
Smile

Firstboss,

I well understand the problems with larger organizations and operations.

It is just interesting that they proudly display the following at the bottom of the tracker.
(bolding mine)

Updates daily. Additional Medallion® Status requirements apply.
See Terms.

I am patiently waiting for my monthly closing, knowing that they will work it out.

Magnum75

We may need that bigger boat ..... or a parked A380
Magnum75 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by jjangoo
Do credits from Amex offers count against the tracker? Also keep in mind that when you're tallying this way you need to leave out the AF.
No clue. If your Amex offers are more than a few hundred $ you’re killing it so prob not a huge deal for most people. I think Amex will get it straightened out, and if they don’t, in my experience you’re SOL, so no point in stressing over it too much. I had a tax payment a couple of years ago get excluded for some reason and I tried and tried to get it recorded correctly and incorporated into the calc, but it never was done right.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by El Boocho
No clue. If your Amex offers are more than a few hundred $ you’re killing it so prob not a huge deal for most people. I think Amex will get it straightened out, and if they don’t, in my experience you’re SOL, so no point in stressing over it too much. I had a tax payment a couple of years ago get excluded for some reason and I tried and tried to get it recorded correctly and incorporated into the calc, but it never was done right.
I'm not stressing, I'm trying to spend exactly what I need for the boost so I can move my spending to other cards. Looks like credits from Amex offers don't count against spending.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
I also have my tracker stuck at an old value on my Business card.

Additionally I also no longer see the total miles earned by each transaction on the web or in the iOS app. Normally I can click or tap the transaction and see what it earned and at which rate. I can see those totals for my regular Reserve card, but not the business card.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by williwaw
I also no longer see the total miles earned by each transaction on the web or in the iOS app. Normally I can click or tap the transaction and see what it earned and at which rate. I can see those totals for my regular Reserve card, but not the business card.
Interesting, I never knew about this feature until you mentioned it! It is working for me, but not unexpectedly doesn’t show miles for transactions that are still pending.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 11:14 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Welcome to FT
Originally Posted by shidden
Similar situation for me. I have Reserve and Platinum cards. About the time I signed up for MQM/RDM offer, status boost tracker for both cards stopped updating. Card spend in Delta app has continued to update. I should have received an MQM miles boost from Reserve card spending by now but I have not. Statements close at the end of the month. Two days ago, I chatted with CS agent and was told it would be resolved in 72 hours but I am not counting on it since this appears to be a larger issue for more people than just me. Good to know I am not the only one.
I have found the tracker stopped in Amex AND in my Delta site it does not show YTD spend correctly either
Both issues after sign up for bonus MQM / RDM offer
Old Sep 20, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
My Delta Amex Plat statement closed 3 days ago. I had over $11,000 spend this month. No change in my tracker. Still stuck at $6400. YTD spend is over 19,000.
11,000+ miles posted to my Delta account. I only received 1000 MQM. Should have received 5500 MQM.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
My counter is working now for individual transactions. But not the overall tracker. I can't quite remember when I opted into the benefit, but my 4k spend netted 1500 MQM which seems about right given the offer was not active during the entire period.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL DM
Checked today and my overall tracker is still not updating on the Amex website. The card spend bar on my Delta app appears to be correct though.

My spouse only has the DL Gold card (whereas I have the DL Plat). His tracker towards the $10K spend for the DL flight credit appears to be updating correctly on the website. (He did not receive an offer to enroll in any sort of MQM promo).

So, it does look like the issue is for those of us that enrolled in Promos.
jjangoo likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2020, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Add another victim of the non-moving Status Boost bar on the AMEX website.

Yes, I've called Delta. Yes, I've called AMEX. Yes, I even got them to do a three-way conference call with me. No one will fix it. I filed a complaint with both Delta and Amex, see if they won't throw me some extra RDMs for my trouble. But I also told AMEX I'll cancel my card if they don't get it fixed soon.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:01 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
I've been waiting since Sept. 3rd for my MQM boost from my Amex biz card. My annual spend topped $30K before the statement dropped. My bonus Skymiles hit on 9/4 yet no notification of claiming my MQMs as of today. The tracker on the web site seems to be stuck in the July time frame. This is getting old as I'd like to cancel the business card and keep my personal one. The annual fee will be charged in October and I'm trying to avoid that event. This used to happen within a day or so of the statement drop. The last MQM bonus in May took 2 weeks. Now it's not even happening. If Delta and Amex don't care about the $90K+ in annual card spend with them, then I need to look for other options.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:07 am

Data points
Spend:
Delta.com - Looks like my spend tracker is counting all spend
Amex - The tracker is stuck at pre-promotion levels

MQMs:
Delta.com - Bonus from the 500 per 1000 have posted.
Delta.com - 10K MQM Bonus for passing $50k on the DL Plat card was not posted. At the close of the August statement I was $1k short. At the close of September statement I was well over, but still not posted.

RDMs:
Delta.com - Bonus from the 500 per 1000 have posted.
Delta.com - Full amount of regular miles earned from spend have posted
Delta.com - What appears to be full amount of bonus miles earned from supermarket, restaurants, etc spend have posted
Delta.com - A refund of Delta charges was reversed at negative 3x miles, but I'm pretty sure it earned at 2x as it was booked last year

Last edited by El Boocho; Sep 21, 2020 at 11:47 am Reason: clarity (hopefully)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.