Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:25 pm

I’m having this same issue, although I notice Delta seems to have removed the “current as of” date entirely from my display.

I spent $25k on a Delta Plat and have received my miles boost bonuses and companion cert, but no MQD waiver yet. This is a bit disconcerting since my annual fee just posted and I was planning to downgrade the card to a Delta Blue, which doesn’t have the waiver — I don’t want to get stuck in limbo by being a corner case though! :/
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:08 pm

The "current as of" is gone from my homepage, but it's still on the MySkyMiles page.

But it's now almost three weeks old.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: Brand loyalty is for suckers
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
I’m having this same issue, although I notice Delta seems to have removed the “current as of” date entirely from my display.
I never had one to begin with, at least dating back the last couple of months when I was made aware that other people had "current as of" data on their pages.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by rogo
See this is the part that's insane. I'm also "not yet PM" for next year, but don't have the DM spend bar (despite being well over $75K in at this point). It's super annoying not to be able to track this.
I track it accurately on the Amex site (good to within a day or two, it shows Year-To-Date spend.)
Old Apr 10, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by OhDoctor
So, I got my callback from customer service today. They stated that the spend waiver not updating is an "ongoing IT issue" that they still have not been able to resolve, nor do they have a timetable on when it will be fixed. She did state that if it was close to the date of my flight and the issue was not resolved, I could call and they could manually upgrade me if I'm eligible and would have cleared otherwise. A little dubious about that, but hopeful it all works out.
The problem is that such upgrades won't go to the gate, which is where they're much more likely to happen.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
The problem is that such upgrades won't go to the gate, which is where they're much more likely to happen.
It seems to me that they should be able to just manually make me Silver. I'm sure there's been a similar process in the past for status challenges and such. I'll push the issue if it doesn't get resolved in the next few days.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by sethb
I track it accurately on the Amex site (good to within a day or two, it shows Year-To-Date spend.)
So, again, this works as long as someone doesn't later decide, "No, no, that spending doesn't count."
Old Apr 15, 2018, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My spend updated as expected yesterday on the DL app, but DL is still optimistic that I'll hit the DM $250,000 waiver requirement in the numbers, even though the bar chart graphic shows my progress toward the $25,000 MQD waiver for PM-.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:10 am

Account still showing 0-1k spend with flight coming up in a few days. Very frustrating.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:54 am

The obnoxious saga continues. Talked with Delta for nearly an hour on the phone today, and escalated to a supervisor -- Delta now maintain this is an Amex issue, despite telling me on my phone call 2 weeks ago that this was a known Delta IT issue. They acknowledge that my Account Activity shows that I have spent more than 25k on my Amex co-brand card, but that whatever "box needs to be ticked" to acknowledge the spend waiver has to be done on Amex's end. They gave no timetable for resolution -- meaning I will now go on an upcoming flight without the status that I rightfully earned and which Delta is willfully denying. The rep also admitted that since it's an Amex issue, it may never be resolved on their end, and there's nothing more they can do to help me. I was offered no compensation or accommodation, nor will they manually upgrade me on my upcoming flight.

Is there any way to escalate this further? And is this not fraud, in some way, on the part of Delta?

Last edited by OhDoctor; Apr 23, 2018 at 11:00 am
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My spend on the DL iphone app says as of March 24th and seems to be correct as of that date, but I'm going to watch for the update on Saturday.

However, it's showing the DM amount but PM bars. I'm a DM with "lifetime" 2MM GM status, but I haven't yet requalified for PM for next year, so 2019 status as GM is correctly shown. Maybe DL is being rerealistically optimistic that I'll spend $250,000 even without the offer of the third 15,000 MQMs at $75,000 (which DL should know that they can incentivize me to attain). DL should also realize from all their big data (it would actually only need little data and not rocket science) that I tend to hit the MQD requirements for DM as well as the AmEx spend waiver, although the waiver hits my account first every year.
Now the day of the week on which my AmEx spend updates seems to have changed. The update for me had always been Saturday, but that didn't happen this week even though the numbers (to the nearest thousand) definitely changed early in the week. However, this week it updated between Sunday night and Monday morning (today). It's still showing the bar graph for PM but the amount to go for DM, so at least this inconsistency is consistent.

ADDED: On delta.dumb, it says "current as of April 27th" but my spend shown on the DL app definitely didn't update before sometime very late on Sunday.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Apr 30, 2018 at 9:29 am
Old May 5, 2018, 6:41 pm

Well, finally got FO today, >2 months after meeting the spend requirement. The e-mail heading reads.. "Couldn't wait another minute to share.."
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
How is everyone doing on the display for the spend waiver? Mine is showing $13-14K as of AUG 11. My statement closed on Aug 10 with $21K spend. I guess I'll wait until my next statement closes on Sept 9 -- should be over the $25K mark at that point.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:17 pm

Mine is showing spend as of September 1 (not related to my statement closing date) as progress toward the DM waiver, but I've already satisfied the DM MQD requirement. During some periods in the past, the spend tracker on my app updated regularly on Friday night/early Saturday morning, so I'm watching to see whether it changes overnight. I know I've charged enough to my Reserve card in the last week for it to advance.

ADDED: No change so far this (Saturday) morning.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 8, 2018 at 9:12 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mine is still showing $21-22K even though I passed $25K in February. I guess I need to phone in and annoy them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.