Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jjl468
MQM bonuses are awarded within a few days of the Amex tracker reporting crossing the threshold

MQD waiver may take up to 2 weeks to update after the MQM spend tracker on the Amex website and is independent of statement dates
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "When does Delta Amex Spend Update"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two different things being discussed here. The $25K card spend MQD waiver is updated more frequently than once a month. The DL Plat/Reserve Amex spend-based MQM/mileage boosts, however, only post after statement close for statement period in which you cross the threshold.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:31 am

If I cross the MQM bonus threshold before Dec 31, but my statement doesn't close until mid-Jan, I will still get the bonus attributed to 2015, right? It says Calendar Year, so that's what I'm going on.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by hockeystl
I've been monitoring this very closely the past couple weeks and have noticed that DL.dum updates 2x per week with AmEx spend totals. Tuesday and Saturday have been when mine update.

I just hit the 25k spend threshold on Wednesday and the transactions have moved from pending to posted on Amex.com. I'm hoping it's all reflected in tomorrow's update on DL.dum. I'll update this thread then.
Confirming that the spend threshold is updated on DL.dum every Tue and Sat.

As mentioned by LBJ, the miles and MQM bonuses haven't hit my account yet....not until the statement closing date.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLnoob
If I cross the MQM bonus threshold before Dec 31, but my statement doesn't close until mid-Jan, I will still get the bonus attributed to 2015, right? It says Calendar Year, so that's what I'm going on.
While you'll qualify for the bonus based on calendar year spend, the bonus won't post/apply to 2015, but rather 2016 MQM. While based on 2015 spend, it wont be earned until the statement closing date. At least that is how it's always happened for me.

Last edited by flyerCO; Nov 28, 2015 at 8:59 am
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyerCO
While you'll qualify for the bonus based on calendar year spend, the bonus won't post/apply to 2015, but rather 2016 MQM. While based on 2015 spend, it wont be earned until the statement closing date. At least that is how it's always happened for me.
This is incorrect. The MQM boost will be backdated to Dec 31, 2015 and will count toward your 2015 MQM total even though it actually posts to your account in January.

Note that it's important to make sure all charges post to your AMEX account by Dec 31st. Sometimes there can a delay of a day or more from the transaction date with the merchant and the post date with Amex. It's the actual post date that counts, not the transaction date.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LBJ
This is incorrect. The MQM boost will be backdated to Dec 31, 2015 and will count toward your 2015 MQM total even though it actually posts to your account in January.

Note that it's important to make sure all charges post to your AMEX account by Dec 31st. Sometimes there can a delay of a day or more from the transaction date with the merchant and the post date with Amex. It's the actual post date that counts, not the transaction date.
It doesn't effect me one way or another since no matter it will be rolled over or posted directly to 2016. However last year I argued with them a b d they refused to post the Jan 15 closing date as 2014 MQM. They were quite adamant that it went to the year at time the statement closed even though based on previous year spending. As with all things DL, YMMV.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It doesn't effect me one way or another since no matter it will be rolled over or posted directly to 2016. However last year I argued with them a b d they refused to post the Jan 15 closing date as 2014 MQM. They were quite adamant that it went to the year at time the statement closed even though based on previous year spending. As with all things DL, YMMV.
Don't know what to say, but there have been a number of us here who have done last minute spend to make the MQM boost threshold and they have always counted for the year in which the spend was made. Just verified my mileage history and my last year's "SKYMILES AMEX COBRAND THRESHOLD MQM BONUS" has a credit date of Dec 31, 2014 and a "posted on" date of Jan 25, 2015.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LBJ
Don't know what to say, but there have been a number of us here who have done last minute spend to make the MQM boost threshold and they have always counted for the year in which the spend was made. Just verified my mileage history and my last year's "SKYMILES AMEX COBRAND THRESHOLD MQM BONUS" has a credit date of Dec 31, 2014 and a "posted on" date of Jan 25, 2015.
Just to make sure the statement closing was in January but they credited as of Dec 31? Statement didn't close on Dec 31st or before, right?

Mine shows a credit date of the close of statement and a post date later that month. At least in the end it didn't effect me. I ended up with a double posting of an international trip due to irrops and closed out 2014 with enough to keep DM. However I had planned on having the 10k count towards it and would have been short.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I don't think this is correct.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't think this is correct.
I agree that's what I thought, as I've posted though was given another story. Doesn't matter much this year, but absent a mistake last year I wouldn't have hit DM.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 12:45 am

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
and folks wonder why status means less and less on an airline. Not making them much money earning status on credit card spend vs what you're actually spending on the airline.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:03 pm

Was about to post but found this thread via Google.

On DL.com, my CC spend "bar" says updated 7/9/16. I've had spend/statement closes (twice) since then. I'm not too worried - about to cross 25k spend on DL Plat in the next month or so - but I've gone MQD exempt the past 2 years via CC spend and usually my recollection is the spend "bar" updates a LOT faster, and just curious if anyone also sees this.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Maybe it is different for the Platinum AMEX folks, but at least with the Reserve card you have to either claim the MQMs for yourself, or gift them to someone else. Either way, once you receive the bonus miles, you'll know that the MQMs are available. If you don't do anything they will post to your account in 90 days.

We find the spending waiver on DL.com to be updated quite regularly...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It seems to me that with the Reserve card, until you hit the MQD waiver, it's updated on delta.dumb about once a week. For the MQMs, that depends on the closing date of your statement, with the bonus RDMs posting almost instantly and the keep or gift MQMs email about a day later, although you can do this in your account as soon as you notice the 15,000 bonus RDMs.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by levilevi
my recollection is the spend "bar" updates a LOT faster, and just curious if anyone also sees this.
2x per week updates for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.