Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It seems like there is some manual process where DL sends Hertz a lists of acct numbers on some interval and then Hertz updates their system with that info.

As mentioned above make sure your Hertz number is in your profile in the car rental loyalty section. Removing it and re-adding it has worked for others if I recall correctly.

Glad you managed to get it done manually, although it was painful going through various reps.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum
Hmm...I never had an issue with this. I just linked my accounts and a few days (or maybe weeks) later I had PC.

Not that it matters...I decided a year ago I was done renting cars and just use Uber / Lyft to get everywhere when I travel for work. It ends up costing the same or less and I never have to deal with rental agencies. Plus with Uber, I get Starpoints.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL PM
Been presidents circle for years, never really noticed much of a benefit... Generally have to grovel for even basic upgrades :-/
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by appleguru
Been presidents circle for years, never really noticed much of a benefit... Generally have to grovel for even basic upgrades :-/
+1. If there is a last place in FF program benefits, this comes far after it. Maybe I get slightly yellower Kia Souls occasionally.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Try Marriott Platinum Premier.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by orca15
+1. If there is a last place in FF program benefits, this comes far after it. Maybe I get slightly yellower Kia Souls occasionally.
+1 I cannot think of a single benefit of being a PC member.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Your car is in one of the good parking spots, under the PC sign?
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Once. out of dozens. Well, one other time, but when I got to the gate (DFW) they told me I had the wrong car and made me wait 15 minutes until they brought the other one around. So I don't count that one. Not kidding. First was a Suburban or something similar, replacement was a Yaris.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: delta dm
Hertz and United are the two worst companies known to man have no use for either. Hertz has no idea what presidents club is and doesn't care. Hertz miles never post. Haven't rented with them for 2 plus yrs and never again.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 3:43 am

+1 So true. Now give another company most of my business.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sad thing is, I can't even remember the last time I actually had my rental be in one of the PC spots... normally I have to walk to the far corner of the lot.

About the only place I've actually gotten better service as a PC is in STT... and by that it means I actually have a car instead of the usual 'sorry no cars available even though you have a reservation'.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
I spoke with the Plat line about this the other day and the agent put me on hold to talked to the skymiles dept, and when they came back about 5 min later to me they are aware there is an issue, and that it is being worked on.

I can't believe they actually admitted they know there is an issue.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM
This was the one time that I was under the PC sign (as a PC):
Old Jun 23, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by j.bell
This was the one time that I was under the PC sign (as a PC):
That looks like a quick choice.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
I went through this recently. The website does not work to upgrade to the President's Circle status, although it let me enter my Hertz number and linked it to my DL FF account with no problem.

I started by calling the DM line. They didn't know what to do, but transferred me to tech support who opened a "ticket" and said to try to do it again online in 48 hours. Nothing seemed to happen.

On my next attempt, I called Hertz and got transferred around a bit before someone told me that the only solution was to send an email to the following address:

[email protected].

It seemed improbable but I sent them an email with my Hertz number and DL FF number, etc. The phone agent said that I would get a response in something like 2-7 days, that these people are good, etc. Nothing seemed to happen; no response and it was as if the email went into a black hole. I had even marked it as urgent in the subject line as I had an upcoming car reservation and would have liked to have President's Circle treatment, but that didn't happen.

Then about six weeks after sending the email I received a thick envelope with my President's Circle card.
This is the link that Delta gave me, and it worked:

https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...status_benefit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.