Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
I don't know where you guys are renting cars from, but I have seen nothing significant as a President's Circle member
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta-DM, United, Hilton-DM, SPG-PLTM
I've supposedly been PC since the program tied in with Delta as a DM member.

This is the first year I'm finally seeing any recognition. In the past cars were never upgraded and rarely in the 5 star section and never before this year in the PC section.

I do like the new program now where the email states to just go pick whatever car I want - as Fliesdelta mentioned above.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
What's the big difference between National and Hertz?
One is green and the other is yellow?

I find the fleets to be pretty similar in general - there are more differences from one location to another than between the two companies in general. I used to rent in PHL a lot and there it seemed like National had consistently newer/lower mileage cars than Hertz, but in ATL and other places I've gotten better cars at Hertz.

The rewards programs are different between the two of them - in broad strokes, Hertz is better for fewer longer rentals, and National is better for many shorter rentals.

Lots of other differences in the minutiae, but at the end of the day, both are companies that let you pay money to borrow their cars.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I don't know where you guys are renting cars from, but I have seen nothing significant as a President's Circle member
I have seen some difference. In Boston you pick from a President's Circle lot and it has nice things - Escalade, Yukon XL, Range Rover, Infiniti Q60 (3.0L) among the ones I've seen there. I booked an intermediate, so driving off in that Q60 was nice.

Some weeks are better than others, though, esp in locations that assign you the vehicle. Last week was a Chrysler 300 with 300 miles on it, but this week is an Optima. At JFK last week they also drove me straight to my terminal, for free.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Ambassador Platinum
Originally Posted by gooselee
One is green and the other is yellow?

I find the fleets to be pretty similar in general - there are more differences from one location to another than between the two companies in general. I used to rent in PHL a lot and there it seemed like National had consistently newer/lower mileage cars than Hertz, but in ATL and other places I've gotten better cars at Hertz.

The rewards programs are different between the two of them - in broad strokes, Hertz is better for fewer longer rentals, and National is better for many shorter rentals.

Lots of other differences in the minutiae, but at the end of the day, both are companies that let you pay money to borrow their cars.
As President's Circle in Philadelphia, I've been getting Mercedes, Jags, Infinitys almost every week for the last 5 months. Not sure what National has, but I have to imagine it's no better.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
As PC, I don't get a car assigned anymore, just a text message saying "go to the PC area and pick whatever car you want there". At least at SJC and SFO (four-five times in the last few months).
That hasn't happened to me. I always get a text message and/or email about 20 minutes before scheduled arrival. At least that has been the case at EDI, DTW, FNT, PLN, MDW, and HNL -- all of my rentals since late April/early May.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Who knows. Maybe they have a secret second tier -- one tier for people who receive President's Circle by virtue of status in a hotel or airline program and one tier for people who earn it through activity.

In a 12-day span this May I had four rentals in three countries on two continents. Surely, that has to count for something. As I said earlier, I've received two upgrades from a VW Jetta to a Mercedes SUV. One time was this spring in Edinburgh. The other time was last year in Manchester.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by kitkat77
I have seen some difference. In Boston you pick from a President's Circle lot and it has nice things - Escalade, Yukon XL, Range Rover, Infiniti Q60 (3.0L) among the ones I've seen there. I booked an intermediate, so driving off in that Q60 was nice.
I hope your insurance covers luxury car rentals.

At JFK last week they also drove me straight to my terminal, for free.
Detroit has driven me once. Norfolk and Washington-Reagan are a long, long walk.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pitpit
As President's Circle in Philadelphia, I've been getting Mercedes, Jags, Infinitys almost every week for the last 5 months. Not sure what National has, but I have to imagine it's no better.
I switched to Hertz from Enterprise, where I had top tier status and rented on a large corporate contract, because I was constantly getting older or beat up cars from Enterprise. Twice a branch didn't have a car, despite me having a confirmed reservation.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
I hope your insurance covers luxury car rentals.
My company's insurance is in play here, thankfully.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Ambassador Platinum
Detroit has driven me once. Norfolk and Washington-Reagan are a long, long walk.
I've gotten the drive in DCA and PHL. Kind of a joke at PHL since the walk from Hertz to Terminal D/E is significantly shorter than taking the bus.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pitpit
I've gotten the drive in DCA and PHL. Kind of a joke at PHL since the walk from Hertz to Terminal D/E is significantly shorter than taking the bus.
Hertz-Edinburgh (Scotland) is a horrendous walk because it's outside and only partially covered by a canopy. Plus, the sidewalk and pavement aren't great for rolling bags.
cloudskipper likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles 1M & DM ; Hyatt Discoverist
I finally got Hertz President's Circle as a DM. The only way I was able to get it done was by contacting xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note from Moderator O2K : We discourage identification of specific employees.
It's value is dubious. I paid for a full-size at BOS, and there were no full-size vehicles in the President's Circle area. Plus, you're supposed to get one class upgrade, and I didn't. I finally took a luxury compact that a staffer who saw me wandering around took pity on me, after the desk told me that I would "just have to take one of the vehicles that was there" and that I couldn't have an upgrade because "it wasn't available" (of course, President Circle rules say that you should get the upgrade guaranteed).

Last edited by obscure2k; Aug 6, 2017 at 7:07 pm
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:20 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Hertz only guarantees upgrades up to a full-sized vehicle.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this still continuing, namely that DL DMs get Hertz Presdient's Circle (PC) status? Does it renew automatically or must you do something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.