Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Mine posted this year in less than a week just doing the online linking. I understand some have major problems doing it and getting it to post.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Sent an email referencing your Hertz gold number and that you want your President's club Delta Plat/Diamond benefit activated along with a copy of your Skymiles statement showing your number and status to [email protected] I did this and had it activated in a couple of days.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I didn't know we e end got this benefit. I called up Hertz and within a few minutes I had Presidents Circle level account. I'll probably still use National as I like their Emerald aisle. However National isn't everywhere and this will give Hertz an edge when National isn't available.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
President's Circle is a joke anyways, and Hertz is about the worst company out there you can do business with. Just avoid it.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 4:23 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
President's Circle is a joke anyways, and Hertz is about the worst company out there you can do business with. Just avoid it.
Yeah, I switched to being primarily National a few years ago and it is a world of difference. I end up renting from Hertz a couple of times a year and I'm always disappointed. President's Circle doesn't seem to get you any benefits at all.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:57 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Hertz has been my third choice of rental car company after Avis and National, but as they roll out Ultimate Choice (see this thread) it appears that there may be some advantage to being President's Circle now. Ultimate Choice is their rip-off homage to National's Emerald Aisle/Executive Selection with reports of some very good offerings (Cadillacs, Infinitis, Jaguars, Mercedes) for President's Circle members at some locations.

Edited to add: It also doesn't hurt now that PM/DM earn 1,250 miles minimum on rentals, plus 300 more miles per day through 9/30/17 with Delta CDP/PC.
Old May 30, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by Beckles
Hertz has been my third choice of rental car company after Avis and National, but as they roll out Ultimate Choice (see this thread) it appears that there may be some advantage to being President's Circle now. Ultimate Choice is their rip-off homage to National's Emerald Aisle/Executive Selection with reports of some very good offerings (Cadillacs, Infinitis, Jaguars, Mercedes) for President's Circle members at some locations.

Edited to add: It also doesn't hurt now that PM/DM earn 1,250 miles minimum on rentals, plus 300 more miles per day through 9/30/17 with Delta CDP/PC.
I tried it out this week in STL - Very nice, actually. Processing was a bit long, but I enjoyed the brand new, fully-loaded, Altima- which was WAY over the class I booked. By the time 1700 Skymiles are awarded, my net cost may have been $15 for the day- cheaper than any single Uber/Lyft one-way ride.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles 1M & DM ; Hyatt Discoverist
Hertz President's Club match for Delta Diamonds still hard to do

I am frankly amazed that anyone has succeeded in taking advantage of the program for DMs to receive status match of Presidents' Club on Hertz.

I've called the Diamond desk five times over the last year to ask them to repair the problem and link my accounts. Each time, they ask me to go through and remove my Hertz Gold Number, re-add it, and then re-opt-in to the promotion. Each time, it fails to work.

When I contact Hertz, they tell me there is nothing they can do without Delta. I've done this loop 5 times now over the period of a year.

I saw this post:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I added President's Circle to my Hertz account, I posted about the experience and timing, including what I finally did that seemed to work.
but I couldn't find the actual post that MSPeconomist references there. Does anyone have a link?

At this point, I've tried everything I can think of at five different times over the last year, but still no President's Club on my Hertz account.

This seems like false advertising to me at this point, to me anyway.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles 1M & DM ; Hyatt Discoverist
Can someone point me to MSPeconomist's Hertz status tutorial?

I am frankly amazed that anyone has succeeded in taking advantage of the program for DMs to receive status match of Presidents' Club on Hertz.

I've called the Diamond desk five times over the last year to ask them to repair the problem and link my accounts. Each time, they ask me to go through and remove my Hertz Gold Number, re-add it, and then re-opt-in to the promotion. Each time, it fails to work.

When I contact Hertz, they tell me there is nothing they can do without Delta. I've done this loop 5 times now over the period of a year.

I saw this post:
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I added President's Circle to my Hertz account, I posted about the experience and timing, including what I finally did that seemed to work.
but I couldn't find the actual post that MSPeconomist references there. Does anyone have a link?

At this point, I've tried everything I can think of at five different times over the last year, but still no President's Club on my Hertz account.

This seems like false advertising to me at this point, to me anyway.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
It took about a week after I reached PM to get my status updated. I only noticed because I received a card on the mail. So far I've only rented at JFK and always get upgraded to a nice Cadillac or a full SUV, which I appreciate but end up switching to a more economic vehicule in the exchange parking spots.

I also get a ride back from federal circle to the terminal.

Definitely not false advertising.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SDQBound
Definitely not false advertising.
+1

It seems like there are some pretty significant bugs in the DL-Hertz integration, but the benefit itself is not false advertising. My registration went through pretty seamlessly, and I've been Hertz PC since just a couple days after the benefit was announced.

In fact, since I'm not renting as many cars anymore, this will probably make me switch a few more rentals to Hertz after my National EE status expires.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Somehow signing up for this worked flawlessly for me, probably because I did it when it first was offered. But I agree with others that it's useless. I always seem to get high mileage cars with something wrong - sticky goo all over the console, moldy flooded smell, etc. And I'm pretty sure the Mitsubishi Mirage they stuck me with once wasn't an upgrade: it didn't even have enough horsepower to cruise I-81 at 70 without kicking down into a lower gear, and i'm not sure it even came with four wheels...

National and Avis are far better companies to do business with. Avis Preferred actually means something - I always get modern, low mileage cars that are well maintained. And I hear National's program is similar.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
PC/Hertz working great for me. Not sure if it was DL or qualifying on my own, but so far I've had Audis, Infinitis, Volvos, and Jaguars out of SFO. Much better than the typical Cruz or Hyundai.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Has anyone seen 'success' with this when moving from GM -> PM? I eventually got my 'status matching' when I became a GM, but now I'm curious if I'll 'move up' after just qualifying for PM.

I seem to recall it took a few weeks (or more?) to reflect, but eventually did. I think PC is much more valuable now with Hertz Ultimate Choice: between being able to rent from the PC Aisle, and cheaper upgrades, there could be (some) value.

I know we all make fun of Delta's IT, but I feel like Hertz is on a whole different level.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
I tried to do this about 6 times and gave up. Agree, National is better anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.