Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Someone should get Delta and Hertz on a 3-way call.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
Twitter seems to be working for me. The Delta guys were very helpful today. It hasn't been corrected yet, but hopefully will be soon. You can now group DM on twitter now too, I should have tried that but Hertz doesn't follow me.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mother-
LOL. Lets look at the positive side: the value of the humor of the situation is almost certainly higher than the value of Hertz PC!
LOL. ^^
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

SO, today I had nothing to do and went back on my oath/tried to get this handled.

I phoned Delta's online support and was waitlisted for a 45 minute return call. When they called, and after explaining the situation with a web rep, it was decided by them that I should be dealing with Promotions and was transferred to that department. After a 15 minute hold, I quickly explained the promo and situation to the Promotions rep and he said "sure, we'll get that fixed," the phone clicked, and he had transferred me back to holding online support. Cue rage.

I hung up, dialed the Plat line, and requested Promotions. After holding a long time, I explained the situation, again, and was told that the Promotions line only deals with booking promotions, and I would have to deal with Online Support. So, I took the transfer, sat on hold for 20, and got a lady. I explained the situation, again. She had me look at the Promo (https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...s-benefit.html) for a Promotion Number and I told her there wasn't one on the page. We argued over this for a few minutes before I placed my (much more) patient wife on the phone with the Rep to confirm there wasn't such details on the page. After spending 40 minutes on a call with this Rep and their Supervisor, it was determined that I was Opted-in on Delta's side and I would have to call Hertz. She gave me Hertz's number and the details of the Promo (Promo number 970224) and sent me off. I let her know I'd be reporting this to others (unthreateningly) and that her Supervisor should know that there's a few of us with the same issue.

SO, I call Hertz. Hold for 15, get ahold of a Rep, and ask for a Promotions Dept. She says they have none but inquires into my reasoning. I explain the promo. She says I will need to call the Hertz Loyalty department, but they're not open on Sunday. Hahaha.

Anyhow, calling them at 8AM in the morning (when they should open). For anyone following this, the Hertz Loyalty number is (888) 999-4900 and the Delta/Hertz Promo number is 970224. I will report back tomorrow after the call is made.

I honestly can't believe how much time I committed to this, today. Good luck to us all.

=========

UPDATE: Called Hertz Loyalty this morning, after explaining the promo/situation and being transferred to three different people, I was told I would need to send an email to [email protected] with the specifics of the issue. I have a feeling this is another attempt by a rep to avoid taking ownership of this issue, but here goes. Fired this one off, this morning...

To whom it may concern,

I opted-into the Delta/Hertz Elite Status Promo (https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...status_benefit) — Promo number 970224 — on December 15, 10 weeks ago today. According to the terms of the promo, and as a Platinum Medallion with Delta, within 8 weeks of opting-in I should have President's Choice Status with Hertz (I have currently obtained Five Star on my own, before this promo). My status with Hertz has not changed.

I have made numerous calls/emails to both Delta and Hertz regarding this, and it has led me to this email Hertz Loyalty. Delta is saying that I AM opted-in and everything is right on their side. I am guessing there was an error at some part of the registration of the promo—a few other frequent travelers have had the same issue.

Please correct my status with Hertz to President's Choice if you would. I will include my membership numbers and text from the original promo below. Thank you.

My Name
[email protected]

Hertz Gold Plus Rewards: 000000000
Delta SkyMiles: 000000000 (Platinum Medallion)

Promo: QUALIFYING MEDALLIONS® ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ELITE STATUS WITH HERTZ GOLD PLUS REWARDS®. (Promo 970224)
Promo Link: https://www.delta.com/mypromos/acela...status_benefit
Promo Text:
Now, as part of our more rewarding partnership with Hertz®, you’ll enjoy even more benefits. Because as a Medallion member, you not only earn more miles when you rent with Hertz, but you’re also eligible to receive elite status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program which means exclusive lines, expedited service and eligibility for one-car class upgrades (subject to availability*).

Diamond Medallion members will receive President's Circle® status
Platinum Medallion members will receive President's Circle status
Gold Medallion members will receive Five Star® status
With our more rewarding Medallion mileage-earning structure and elite status for Medallions like you, now is the perfect time to get behind the wheel of a great partnership.

Please be aware that you must enter your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards number in your member profile in order to receive your benefit.

Once you have saved your number, register here to enjoy your complimentary status.

Please allow up to eight weeks for your status to be reflected in your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account.

Hertz Gold Plus Rewards is a registered trademark of Hertz System, Inc. Above Terms and Conditions are applicable to U.S. Gold Plus Rewards members only.

Offer and benefits are subject to change at any time without notice.

SkyMiles is a registered trademark of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Delta may change the SkyMiles program rules, change or terminate program partners, regulations, benefits, conditions of participation or mileage levels, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice, even though changes may affect the value of mileage already accumulated. This program may be terminated by Delta at any time, with our without notice. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption, and travel benefits. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

© 2014 Delta Air Lines, Inc.

Last edited by droidcore; Feb 23, 2015 at 8:20 am
Old Feb 23, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Finally got an answer from Hertz Customer relations. Last week they asked me for my Delta status credentials, which I sent to them. They confirmed today that they have assigned me President Circle status.

I checked online and indeed it has finally come through.

Still have one reservation with them, we'll see how that goes next month, or if it's all a moot point and I should take my business elsewhere anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Received word back from DL today over email: I don't have my Hertz # saved in my account. But it is clearly there. Sent back a screenshot of the page showing it there. Hope that we are getting to the root of it.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry
Finally got an answer from Hertz Customer relations. Last week they asked me for my Delta status credentials, which I sent to them. They confirmed today that they have assigned me President Circle status.

I checked online and indeed it has finally come through. .
Can you follow up with which email you used? Was it [email protected]? Looks like "Kristi J" beats "Janet" N" at Hertz Customer Relations.

Still nothing from the email I sent Delta or [email protected].
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM; *A FO. UG since(1/1/15): 11/14
Plenty of communications with Hertz on different addresses, but the successful exchange was on [email protected] and it was Kristi J. that handled my case.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
I achieved "Presidents Circle" status simply by renting a lot and I can tell you it's really not that exciting. If you have been spending a long time trying to get this status match I would recommend that you save yourself and give up. Life is too short.

And this is coming from someone who would go to MANY lengths for a status upgrade. This particular one, just...useless.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Resolution

I had this resolved today after Direct Messaging @Hertz on Twitter. Sent:
"Delta/Hertz Elite Status Promo: SkyMiles XXXXXXXX (Platinum Medallion) / Hertz Gold XXXXXXXX (Already Five Star) ...Signed up on Dec 15."

This evening it has been changed. Thanks for the public shaming and retweeting from Delta Points.

^
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by droidcore
I had this resolved today after Direct Messaging @Hertz on Twitter. Sent:
"Delta/Hertz Elite Status Promo: SkyMiles XXXXXXXX (Platinum Medallion) / Hertz Gold XXXXXXXX (Already Five Star) ...Signed up on Dec 15."

This evening it has been changed. Thanks for the public shaming and retweeting from Delta Points.

^
Hmmm that's an upgrade from being told to contact United. I will reach out on Twitter to them again.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:43 am

Richard over DM did it for me too. Now if only Hertz didn't spam tweet so much I'd keep following them.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j.bell
Richard over DM did it for me too. Now if only Hertz didn't spam tweet so much I'd keep following them.
One of my favorite features on Twitter:
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by j.bell
I have been DM'ing Hertz since Monday and they just don't respond to my messages.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL DM
Mine updated this week by itself. I think I applied in early January. If I log into Hertz and look at my account, it now says "Gold Plus Rewards President's Circle" instead of just "Gold Plus rewards".

Based upon what I've read I'm not expecting much extra benefit, but it may come in useful on the odd occasion I want to upgrade to a 'special' car. It won't help me at reservation time, but I've had great success negotiating with the reps in the parking lot stood by the cars. Had some fun at LAX a few months ago with a great employee negotiating the price down on a Corvette. She took the bargaining in great spirits and I ended up happy with what I paid. They have a lot of leeway and having president's circle may help the negotiation a bit more. You never know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.