Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
+1 for those saying Hertz status has no benefits. It certainly doesn't get you cleaner cars - I've gotten a car that smelled so moldy it may have been flood damaged, and a car where every control surface was coated in sticky goo as if a Mountain Dew bottle exploded. And the minimum odometer reading is at least 20,000. And if a Mitsubishi Mirage is an "upgraded" car, the base tier must have only three wheels...

Somehow Avis manages to give me a clean, relatively fresh car every time - even with base tier Preferred status.

Even though this program ostensibly gives me higher tier status, I've given up on Hertz unless the price difference is at least 50% or more...
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: Delta-PM, HHonors-Diamond, Hyatt-Explorist, Hertz - Presidents
I meant to post this last week, but I finally received my Presidents Circle e-mail. Only valid until 12/31/2016. Since it took them over 1/2 the year to get it right I was hoping they would make it a full year from the date it was received.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:58 am

Programs: Status? What's status?
Originally Posted by Start_at_UIN
I meant to post this last week, but I finally received my Presidents Circle e-mail. Only valid until 12/31/2016. Since it took them over 1/2 the year to get it right I was hoping they would make it a full year from the date it was received.
I got the same thing, only valid through the end of this year. Luckily (unluckily?) I'll likely be qualifying for it on my rentals for the remainder of the year anyways. So for me it's just a head start on whatever the minimal benefits may be.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I agree with the people saying being PC doesn't make much difference.

I've been PC during 2 years and except for a small agency in Vancouver which I got to know the people very well and gave me a Dodge journey for the price of a compact several time, I didn't noticed a difference in term of upgrades, type of car or treatment.

To be honest, I think I have the same treatment as a 5* (which I get for free with my Amex) than when I was PC.

But I recently discovered that hertz has an even higher statut a sort of platinum invite only status.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:37 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold

Quick easy question for everyone...

Does Delta Platinum include Hertz President's Club automatically or do you have to rent 20 times in order to get that level?

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by duvakal
Quick easy question for everyone...

Does Delta Platinum include Hertz President's Club automatically or do you have to rent 20 times in order to get that level?

Thanks!
It automatically includes it, although getting your Hertz account to reflect it can be a PITA.

TBH, I've found it to be quite useless, and usually just go with National or Enterprise.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WWads
It automatically includes it, although getting your Hertz account to reflect it can be a PITA.

TBH, I've found it to be quite useless, and usually just go with National or Enterprise.
Yeah, no kidding it's a PITA. Called Delta, was told to call Hertz. Called Hertz was told to call Delta. Called Delta Platinum line, was told "this is a simply an advertising method Hertz uses to get you to rent their cars." Escalated to next level and after walking the manager through the website to show her where the benefit was located, was told that I have to rent 20 times first.

Thanks for the advice, I'm definitely looking elsewhere.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:49 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...s-rewards.html
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by duvakal
Yeah, no kidding it's a PITA. Called Delta, was told to call Hertz. Called Hertz was told to call Delta. Called Delta Platinum line, was told "this is a simply an advertising method Hertz uses to get you to rent their cars." Escalated to next level and after walking the manager through the website to show her where the benefit was located, was told that I have to rent 20 times first.

Thanks for the advice, I'm definitely looking elsewhere.
That's wrong.

When I added President's Circle to my Hertz account, I posted about the experience and timing, including what I finally did that seemed to work.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I didn't have the problems others have - just did the linking online and it showed up in my Hertz account about a week later. IIRC I had only rented once or twice from Hertz that year (and only a handful of times again since then), so the 20-rental requirement is definitely false.

I use rental cars so rarely that I just rotate between Hertz/Avis/National based on whoever is cheaper - maybe favoring National during 1-2-Free or someone else if I know their facility is more convenient (e.g., Hertz at PHL).

Mostly I've found that the car rental loyalty programs don't make a ton of difference. Counter bypass is the most important thing to me and it seems like you get that just by signing up.

But to answer OP's question - Hertz PC should be granted for DL PMs with no prior rental requirements. Similar to how certain levels of Marriott status will grant UA status without any flight requirements.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Hertz is My Preferred Car Rental Company

The big benefit involved with the President's Circle is that they park your car in a space that is the closest to you as you enter the rental car parking lot. There may be class upgrades involved, but the proximity of your car to you is the big benefit as I see it.

When I used to fly into OAK about once a month a few years ago, the Hertz staff there knew my name and generally parked my car in one of the PC spaces, even though I was only 5*. I always thought this was very nice.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I didn't have issues signing up. It took a little longer than anticipated, but it was pretty stress free. I just rented with Hertz on Thursday. I didn't benefit from any upgrades due to the car class I rented. But I agree that the car was parked close. It was about 10 steps from the exit door under a canopy and I didn't have to walk out through the pouring rain to reach my vehicle.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:50 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 3MM, AMEX Delta Reserve, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Meh...The last two times I rented from Hertz, I was given a Kia, instead of the brand name that I thought I rented and the first one I discovered, after 3 hours of driving, was infested with bugs! After I complained, the manager offered me a $25 credit -on a $250 rental charge!- that I have never received.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
I just entered it on my account and it took a week or so.

I get upgrades at JFK and MSY and the closer car location at LGA (when they have a car ready, which is about half the time) and EWR. When I return at EWR I'll be offered a direct ride to the terminal if they're not overloaded. It used to be that way at LGA but the construction and traffic flow restrictions have ended that.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:57 pm

I received a National status match for having the Hertz PC, which was well worth it. Hertz almost never has better prices so not very useful for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.