Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Threads from the Hertz Gold Choice Forum that may be of interest:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hert...ead-guide.html
Print Wikipost

Delta Medallion // Hertz Status Benefits Consolidated Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Promo: Qualifying Medallions Receive Elite Status with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards

Logged into My Delta this afternoon and noticed a new promo down at the bottom. Not sure if this has got attention here yet...

Hertz Gold Plus Rewards Elite Status Benefit
PROMOTION DETAILS

Now, as part of our more rewarding partnership with Hertz®, you’ll enjoy even more benefits. Because as a Medallion member, you not only earn more miles when you rent with Hertz, but you’re also eligible to receive elite status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program which means exclusive lines, expedited service and eligibility for one-car class upgrades (subject to availability*).

- Diamond Medallions will receive President's Circle® status
- Platinum Medallions will receive President's Circle status
- Gold Medallions will receive Five Star® status

With our more rewarding Medallion mileage-earning structure and elite status for Medallions like you, now is the perfect time to get behind the wheel of a great partnership.

Register now to enjoy your complimentary status.

Please allow up to eight weeks for your status to be reflected in your Hertz Gold Plus Rewards account.
Not bad. I've been using Hertz Gold Plus for awhile for the decent SkyMiles incentive. I'll take it.

Edit: To make sure the promo works, you must be registered with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (free). Place your Delta SkyMiles number in your Membership Details — Frequent Flyer Programs. On Delta.com, go into your Profile — Hotel & Car, and Add Hertz with your Gold Plus Rewards number. (see discussion below)

Last edited by droidcore; Dec 16, 2014 at 7:20 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Interesting. I entered my SM number and it said I'm registered, but I have no idea how it knows what my Hertz membership is?

This is definitely a great benefit as I do most of my rentals with National, but have to use Hertz a fair amount when the corporate rates are there.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gooselee
I entered my SM number and it said I'm registered, but I have no idea how it knows what my Hertz membership is?
My guess is they use the SkyMiles number in your Hertz Gold Plus Profile... Check it by going to Hertz > My Profile > Membership Details > Frequent Traveler Programs.

Also, in your Delta profile > Hotel & Car Preferences: There seems to be a place to specify your Car Loyalty Program.

My guess...

Last edited by droidcore; Dec 15, 2014 at 12:32 pm
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by droidcore
My guess is they use the SkyMiles number in your Hertz Gold Plus Profile... Check it by going to Hertz > My Profile > Membership Details > Frequent Traveler Programs.

Also, in your Delta profile > Hotel & Car Preferences: There seems to be a place to specify your Car Loyalty Program.

My guess...
Huh..I did not have my Hertz # in my DL.com profile when I registered. Just added it...we'll see what happens, I guess.

I do have my DL # in my Hertz profile.

Either way, thanks for the find!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks for the heads up... registered and added the Hertz info to my profile.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by rylan
Thanks for the heads up... registered and added the Hertz info to my profile.
Same here, hope that didn't screw it up. I've switched over to National this year so will be losing my status on Hertz if this doesn't work.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up!
Old Dec 15, 2014, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Will my Hertz #1 Gold number work?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
There is another type of Hertz number?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
There is another type of Hertz number?
That's what I've always had. It works for bypassing the counter, getting upgrades, etc. but I've never been willing to pay more to get frequent renter points from rental car companies.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't "#1 Gold" get renamed to "Gold Plus Rewards?" Pretty sure.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's what I've always had. It works for bypassing the counter, getting upgrades, etc. but I've never been willing to pay more to get frequent renter points from rental car companies.
I just have whatever frequent renter number Hertz issues. I forget whether it's called Hertz #1/Gold/Gold Rewards/Counter-Bypass-to-an-empty-car-stall or whatever. But it's only one number.

FWIW, I collect Hertz points that are redeemable for free rentals, and to my knowledge I don't pay any extra for them. My corporate rates are the same whether I use the number or not, and I don't pay whatever annual fee Hertz was trying to impose because the membership comes with my credit card (I think). OTOH, if I want to collect DL RDM for my Hertz rentals, I have to defer the Hertz points and also pay a $0.75 airline points surcharge or something...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by droidcore
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't "#1 Gold" get renamed to "Gold Plus Rewards?" Pretty sure.
My card still says #1 Gold, as did my last information update form.

When I book a car, it asks me if I want to pay a bit more on my rate to get the points. I decline and also decline to pick some higher rate not using my CDP or corporate discount.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:09 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Last time Hertz want some money for ff miles; it was about 50 cents, and the miles (AA or UA) were worth more than the money.

I appreciate the OP posting info about the new cross-rewards since I use Hertz.

I noticed that Africa is not listed in the Delta terms and conditions as among the the countries and regions eligible for MQM's on car rentals. AA has a redeemable mileage bonus going with Hertz; and they, too, don't list Africa as eligible. Quite a bummer because I need to pick-up a Hertz rental in JNB for two weeks in early January.

I tried to book that upcoming rental thru Delta.com; and the website errored out or hung (one on each attempt). Looks like I just have to go to Hertz.com and be done with it.

One more hint: Some Amex cards provide PRIMARY insurance on car rentals for those who refuse the CDW. But the Delta Amex Platinum card only has SECONDARY insurance on car rentals. This means your home car auto insurance policy has to pay FIRST. For car rentals, I refuse the CDW, and pay with a Chase Sapphire Preferred, which does have primary insurance on car rentals.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:57 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Thanks, OP, for the alert!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My card still says #1 Gold, as did my last information update form.

When I book a car, it asks me if I want to pay a bit more on my rate to get the points. I decline and also decline to pick some higher rate not using my CDP or corporate discount.
Thats strange... Hertz converted the program from #1 Gold to Gold Plus Rewards over a year ago. I got a new card.

If I recall, there was also a transition period where you had to convert and transfer your points to the new program... I'm not sure it was automatic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.