Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
They put M+G soap in the lav of a CRJ!!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by WWads
They put M+G soap in the lav of a CRJ!!
It can't make it smell any worse...
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:54 pm

From my own mother:

"I don't want to have to change planes twice! That's too much effort"

I should point out that she was wanting a direct flight. The route? RSW-SZG, and she insisted that she wanted to use her SkyPesos to do it. So she's decided they're not even going to bother going to Europe this year since it's "too much effort."
cestmoi123 and jinglish like this.

Last edited by KRSW; Feb 19, 2018 at 6:22 pm Reason: detail added.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by KRSW
From my own mother:

"I don't want to have to change planes twice! That's too much effort"

I should point out that she was wanting a direct flight. The route? RSW-SZG, and she insisted that she wanted to use her SkyPesos to do it. So she's decided they're not even going to bother going to Europe this year since it's "too much effort."
Delta Private Jets would be around $200k roundtrip for the nonstop RSW-SZG, or 20 million Skymiles.

So, she COULD do it with Skymiles, if she had children who loved her.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:06 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
When there are 10 seats in F at the gate and the GA just clears them all back to front without paying attention to my profile preference. I was 3rd on the list and got an aisle seat.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
When there are 10 seats in F at the gate and the GA just clears them all back to front without paying attention to my profile preference. I was 3rd on the list and got an aisle seat.
I didn't think that GAs could view those preferences.

IME seats are assigned based on status level. Aisles going first.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

This has been my experience. It's the same for upgrades at the DM/PM window: those highest on the list get the good aisle seats.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:12 am
pvn
Suspended

Every other time there have been both aisle and window F seats available I've gotten the window. I just assumed they could see the preferences and tried to match where possible. In cases where there are 10 seats available, it seems a lot easier to just go in order (looking at the upgrade list afterwards it was obvious the GA just went 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 3A, 3B...)
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:12 am
pvn
Suspended

I've never once gotten an aisle seat at the 5 day window.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Paid F fare ans just for this reposnse from the twitter team trying to SDC to an earlier BOS-ATL flight (get ahead of possible weather later). Maybe it is the J fare throwing things off but have done it before when there is only I and J available. Also she claimed she asked a supervisor and supervisor said it was impossible. Only standby available:

My apologies for the delay in response. I can only list you on standby for the earlier flight, because your class of service is not available. You booked an "A" fare, and I only have J available on the first segment, and F on the second segment. Would you like for me to proceed?

Last edited by apodo77; Feb 22, 2018 at 7:53 am
Old Feb 22, 2018, 7:58 am
pvn
Suspended

what did you end up doing? You should get the survey request for the twitter interaction but I'd call in to handle that (if possible) once I got that pushback instead of trying to go back and forth on twitter.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by pvn
what did you end up doing? You should get the survey request for the twitter interaction but I'd call in to handle that (if possible) once I got that pushback instead of trying to go back and forth on twitter.
Called the Diamond desk and was taking care of. Was in a meeting and hoping to take care of over twitter but I just stepped out and made the call when it was clear the Twitter team (including supervisor) was not going to understand their own rules.
Here was their response after my single push back of referencing the rules and asking them to check with a supervisor:

I asked a supervisor before I responded to you, because I was unable to process it. The supervisor is the one that told me that you're not eligible. I would suggest contacting the Diamond Desk, to see if they're able to assist you.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
DL Twitter is seriously going downhill IME recently.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 10:35 am
pvn
Suspended

in addition to the quality of the service getting worse, response time has been noticeably slower as well.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 11:01 am

I agree on the Twitter team. Was much better in the recent past. Response time is longer as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.