Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rumor: 747 B/E seat reduction

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
I'd wager there was some harsh feedback at both the JV meetings and DL board level at poor use of real estate and crew time
Old Mar 27, 2014, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
If indeed they go all Y in the UD, it's a shame. The UD always has had a special feel and pretty much the way to feel special on this flight. Higher lav/pax ratio, higher FA/pax ratio, less traffic. This is just a gift for those who buy Y from now on and can score a seat up there.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Quite a few years ago I flew on a LX 747 in economy in the upper deck. I was thankful the guy in the window seat was really skinny and didn't rub shoulders with me for 10 hours as I enjoyed a middle seat and no overhead space. The aisle seat occipant was average size, but sharing shoulder space with one person instead of two is an improvement.

I agree with several posters that 14 seats sold at typical business class fares may not make sense for this section of the aircraft.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: Former PM now a kettle :(
Was lucky enough to get an opup to the upper deck on DL last summer. Really makes me wish I was a 1%'er or that my company would pay business on TPAC/TATL flights.
Had upper deck first class on the CZ A380 and the DL UD was way better.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by milesk
Had upper deck first class on the CZ A380 and the DL UD was way better.
In what way was the DL UD way better? The CZ service is a bit hit and miss, but the hard product is very similar and in fact I'd say the CZ hard product was a bit better. If only CZ would send their staff to SQ school, they would be on a winner.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:33 pm

New Seating Upper Deck...

I've been hearing that DL is going to do away with BE on the upper deck of the 747.

It's going to be 42-44 E C seating, or 50 coach seats. Anyone else hear anything?

NWA FA
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Someone else posted this 'rumor' a few weeks ago. No idea how valid it is. Wonder if they'd end up pushing BE further back or just reducing BE seats.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:54 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NWAFA
Anyone else hear anything?

NWA FA
Nope

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...reduction.html

Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I heard they are putting hot tubs up there and you will be accompanied by Delta's most senior flight attendants. You can upgrade to a chlorinated hot tub for only $250.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Sharing a hot tub with the most senior FAs like Bob? I don't think so.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:33 pm
cfw

Programs: UA, DL, LH, Marriott, Amex
I know they mentioned they wanted to "right size" international BE, but that seems like a bad move. Why go all the way down to Y instead of at least trying out a true premium economy cabin like AF and getting more margin out of the aircraft?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I hope this is a belated April Fool's Day joke. Upper deck on the 747 with the new flat beds is wonderful and I would hate to lose this option.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I heard they are putting hot tubs up there and you will be accompanied by Delta's most senior flight attendants. You can upgrade to a chlorinated hot tub for only $250.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I hope this is a belated April Fool's Day joke. Upper deck on the 747 with the new flat beds is wonderful and I would hate to lose this option.
I got the info from a pilot.

NWA FA
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
So long as they don't do it before the middle of June (flying LAX-NRT-TPE the last week on May and returning early June)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.