Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 10, 2014, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bgriff
Summary of Changes and Frequently Asked Questions

These changes are effective May 1, 2014

This topic is a prime candidate for Wikipost. Let's see if we can't pull one together incorporating the details of the changes, as well as DLCorpGirl's responses to some of our questions.

SkyClub membership has been split into two tiers: Executive and Individual.

Executive members may guest two individuals, or immediate family (spouse + children under 21) without additional charge. Executive members may guest up to 2 additional individuals for $29 each per visit.

Individual members must pay for all guests. Individual members may guest up to 2 individuals, or immediate family (spouse + children under 21) for $29 each per visit.

Lifetime Memberships will be converted to Lifetime Executive Memberships, per DLCorpGal.

30 Day Skyclub Pass - this has been discontinued per Delta contacts.

American Express Delta Reserve and American Express Platinum or Centurion Card (not American Express Delta Platinum co-branded credit card, but American Express non-branded Platinum Charge Card) members may guest up to 2 individuals, or immediate family (spouse + children under 21) for $29 each per visit.

The fee for the Delta Gold American Express and Delta Platinum American Express cardmembers will increase to $29 per visit, per DLCorpGal.

Diamond Medallions may upgrade to an Executive Membership as a Choice Benefit or by using miles or cash to pay the difference. No confirmation on miles, but the cash difference is confirmed to be $145 if done by 3/1/15 per DLCorpGal. NOTE: Diamond Medallions have Executive Membership until 2/28/15. After this date, they will have Individual Membership by default.

Alaska Board Room membership is a workaround as of 1/15/14 for $450 1 year - $1050 3 years and includes 2 guests FREE or family. Note, however, that the AS/DL relationship isn't as good as it used to be and there's no guarantee that the Board Room/SkyClub reciprocity relationship will continue as it currently exists. -- As of February 2015 AS club membership no longer includes guests at Delta lounges.
Print Wikipost

Updates to Delta Sky Club membership Options

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why offer to pay before the transitional complimentary DM executive membership cards expire? I guess there might be concern to get the new card on time, but you can see it on delta.dumb and print a copy easily enough.
Besides, the current cards don't say Executive or Individual Membership as far as I can tell. It's once they scan your card they know what type of membership you have.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My current card (from DM) says Executive.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:29 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
I have a complimentary executive membership until 2/28/15 as a result of making Diamond for the first time. On Sunday, I'm flying from Kauai to Kona on Hawaiian Air with a two hour layover in HNL. Can my wife, kids, and I access the Sky Club in HNL or do the Sky Clubs require you to be on a Delta ticket for access?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
I have a complimentary executive membership until 2/28/15 as a result of making Diamond for the first time. On Sunday, I'm flying from Kauai to Kona on Hawaiian Air with a two hour layover in HNL. Can my wife, kids, and I access the Sky Club in HNL or do the Sky Clubs require you to be on a Delta ticket for access?
Same day ticket on any airline is acceptable for Sky Club members.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Same day ticket on any airline is acceptable for Sky Club members.
This is correct...but I would print out the rules just in case.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:21 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
This is correct...but I would print out the rules just in case.
+1 A couple years ago my wife was given a hassle at the E club at ATL. She was on AirTran on a red eye and wanted to use the shower at the E club and grab a bagel during her layover and they told her she had to be a on DL ticket. She had no issues getting in at the C or D club but there was no shower.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
I'm flying JFK-LAX-PHX this afternoon. Business elite & First respectively.

I know I have access to sky club at JFK since im in Business Elite on a t-con. I'm in T4 club right now.... Will I have access to sky club at LAX? Only a 90 minute connection so no big deal but was curious.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by mridley2
I'm flying JFK-LAX-PHX this afternoon. Business elite & First respectively.

I know I have access to sky club at JFK since im in Business Elite on a t-con. I'm in T4 club right now.... Will I have access to sky club at LAX? Only a 90 minute connection so no big deal but was curious.
Yup, you should be let in. Happy Turkey Day!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:39 am

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Originally Posted by jsbh
Thanks for keeping us posted DLCorpGal!

Like many others, I think these changes make sense.

The email I received noted the following (bold formatting is by me):
Diamond Medallion® members will continue to enjoy complimentary Executive Membership through the 2014 Medallion year. If you qualify for 2015 Diamond Medallion status, you will receive a complimentary Individual Membership beginning March 1, 2015. And, if guest access is a priority, you may upgrade to an Executive Membership as one of your Choice Benefits or by using miles or cash to pay the difference.

This suggest that next year we can upgrade with cash. How much? Would it be $695 minus the $100 Platinum discount minus the $450 value of the individual membership?
Originally Posted by jsbh
With apologies but bumping this as later questions have been responded to.
Originally Posted by DLCorpGal
Thanks for bumping. Trying to answer as much as I can. I can answer about cash, but do not have an answer for you yet on Miles.

If you purchase before 3/1/15, you'll get $100 off $695 = $595, and then the Individual Membership is $450, so $145

Anyone hear how/where we can pay the difference. I asked at my friendly neighborhood SkyClub today and they had no idea the option even existed.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I thought i heard something about the Sky Clubs becoming less crowded and more exclusive.....

I was in SLC today and I think it was more crowded than I have ever seen! There was nowhere to sit, the restrooms were jammed, and people were killing the food / bar. I made a circle and found solace in the E Gates. Yeah, it was that bad...
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I thought i heard something about the Sky Clubs becoming less crowded and more exclusive.....

I was in SLC today and I think it was more crowded than I have ever seen! There was nowhere to sit, the restrooms were jammed, and people were killing the food / bar. I made a circle and found solace in the E Gates. Yeah, it was that bad...
Maybe holiday travelers are buying day passes?? I was at the LAX boardroom yesterday and it's normally dead on a Sunday morning. Was the busiest I ever remember seeing it on a Sunday morning and I take that flight quite a bit. I was still able to find a seat at the work area with an outlet with no problem but the main seating area was better than half occupied. By the time I got over to T5 they were boarding my flight so not sure what the SC was like yesterday
Old Dec 15, 2014, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy

Similar thing yesterday. The club is better than a few years ago, and I appreciate the update Delta did in the recent past... but why Delta only has one club at their biggest western hub is beyond me. It's a bit ridiculous.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Silver
I am assuming there are a few others with my problem. I hit diamond this year and also have the reserve card. It seems I have two forms of entry but still cannot get a second person in. This seems really strange to me. I would think diamond status would get me in and then the credit card would get 1 person in as well.

Has anyone had any luck with AMEX or Delta to get this to work? It seems as if the reserve card is a waste. You get most of the benefits from the Delta Plat. AMEX at half the price.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Executive Memberships Until 12/28/15?

I know the wiki has long said our club access as a Diamond Medallion retains Executive Membership only until 2/28/15.

But recently, the My Wallet section of Delta.com lists my Executive Membership as running until 12/28/15 (that's December)!

and it also lists an upcoming Individual Membership from 12/29/15 until 11/29/16.

I never had Skyclub membership except as a Diamond Medallion, so I don't know where the extra year came from. Not that I'm complaining
Old Dec 17, 2014, 4:45 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chaserxp215
It seems as if the reserve card is a waste. You get most of the benefits from the Delta Plat. AMEX at half the price.
Most is not the same as all. Best reasons for the Reserve are the extra MQM's you can earn and some say the card puts you higher on the UG list. That's what you are paying for if you are a Diamond.

Not worth the extra $$$ to you? Then scale back to the DL Plat card or something else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.