Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by JWGJWG
Sorry to hear all of this. Roughly the same thing happened to me this week with a flight from LHR to JFK. I only received 25% miles and booked directly through Delta.com. I posted a wordy explanation on another thread, but in short, it's the same situation.

Such an annoyance for you. Keep your thread updated, I'm curious to hear how it all turns out. So annoying about all of this. Best of luck.
Did you resolve the situation in your favor?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I'm glad my next trip is JNB and not LHR.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
The correlation of LHR intrigues me. Methinks it could be market specific. Anyone have experience with any other cities?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by Barbella7
The correlation of LHR intrigues me. Methinks it could be market specific. Anyone have experience with any other cities?
I hope not! I am flying to DUB tomorrow. T fare booked on delta.com during the time when MQMs did not show on booking.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rwoman
ITA, DL.com, and the DM desk quote all matched...I believe in using all resources to get the best fare.
So this gets more scary and mysterious at the same time. Paging SMI...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by mnredfox
So this gets more scary and mysterious at the same time. Paging SMI...
The regrettable situation is they have given us so many reasons to mistrust them that many will regard what might just be a snafu as an indication of pending skulduggery (as in 25% MQMs on LUT).

The second regrettable situation is that SMI will not be able to respond here (even if this was just a snafu) since his overlords will want to reserve the option for future skulduggery that is not yet planned.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I've gotten sufficiently paranoid that I called about my trip starting today (LAX-ATL today, ATL-DUB tomorrow).

I told the DM line agent that I had heard that some tickets bought on delta.com would not earn full SkyMiles and MQMs. That statement didn't phase her (I sort of expected "of course they do" as an answer) She commented that I got a really good fare and that I probably would earn MQMs and regular SkyMiles but because it was such a good fare I would earn no bonus miles.

I replied that that was not my understanding, that all tickets purchased on delta.com would earn full MQMs and bonuses, and would she please confirm.

After about 10 minutes she came back and said she found on delta.com where it said T fares earned no bonuses. She couldn't give me the URL but directed me to where it was (click here, click there, etc.)

What it was, was the standard Delta earnings chart and the second or third column had 0% next to L,U,T,E "Deeply discounted economy fares." But the heading for that column was "Class of Service Bonus" -- on the far right it did say 100% MQM.

So in once sense this was a false alarm, but it is worrisome that:

a) the DM line agent fully expected that some fares will earn less than 100%.

b) the DM line agent did not understand what a class of service bonus was.

I think that this is evidence that something is coming down the pike in the near to mid term future. I had thought that it would come after MQDs where implemented -- especially if it didn't have the desired effect on "thinning the herd" but now it wouldn't surprise me if it came soon. I will be really pissed if it comes mid program year.

Added: Then there is this thread: K/Q-UP fares to A not earning 50%. If it is not a sign of changes, it certainly is a sign that something is seriously broken.

Last edited by TheMadBrewer; Feb 17, 2013 at 12:00 pm Reason: More info
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I've gotten sufficiently paranoid that I called about my trip starting today (LAX-ATL today, ATL-DUB tomorrow).

I told the DM line agent that I had heard that some tickets bought on delta.com would not earn full SkyMiles and MQMs. That statement didn't phase her (I sort of expected "of course they do" as an answer) She commented that I got a really good fare and that I probably would earn MQMs and regular SkyMiles but because it was such a good fare I would earn no bonus miles.

I replied that that was not my understanding, that all tickets purchased on delta.com would earn full MQMs and bonuses, and would she please confirm.

After about 10 minutes she came back and said she found on delta.com where it said T fares earned no bonuses. She couldn't give me the URL but directed me to where it was (click here, click there, etc.)

What it was, was the standard Delta earnings chart and the second or third column had 0% next to L,U,T,E "Deeply discounted economy fares." But the heading for that column was "Class of Service Bonus" -- on the far right it did say 100% MQM.

So in once sense this was a false alarm, but it is worrisome that:

a) the DM line agent fully expected that some fares will earn less than 100%.

b) the DM line agent did not understand what a class of service bonus was.

I think that this is evidence that something is coming down the pike in the near to mid term future. I had thought that it would come after MQDs where implemented -- especially if it didn't have the desired effect on "thinning the herd" but now it wouldn't surprise me if it came soon. I will be really pissed if it comes mid program year.

Added: Then there is this thread: K/Q-UP fares to A not earning 50%. If it is not a sign of changes, it certainly is a sign that something is seriously broken.
I take DL's IT only giving out 25% as a sign of things to come, but I don't take phone reps not knowing what they are doing as a sign of things to come. The phone reps have always been hit or miss.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
With the DL FT reps' records for not answering questions for clarification to "important" SKymiles program issues (like board lose your upgrade; when the award calendar will be fixed; lack of ability to use SWUs easily on AF), it will be difficult to know if they are just not answering because this isn't an issue. Or, whether they are not answering because they aren't ready to drop in with news (maybe even before the press conference and virtual immediate implimentation) of another "enhancement" to the program . Guess we will just have to hope that no news is good news (but I'm not betting on it).
Old Feb 17, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by rwoman
I was upgraded in advance for both ORD-DTW and DTW-ORD. I've submitted a written request, called the DM line multiple times, and am actively communicating with a DL rep.

This is not an unpublished fare or booked via a 3rd party agent.

I'll keep you all posted...
Now that they have added the ability to see how ,any MQM's will be earned when purchasing a ticket, have you gone in and rebuilt the exact itinerary to see how many MQM's it should have earned?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer

This is the second time if seen a post referencing the DM agent response "You got a good deal so no bonus".I think in the first post Here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ing-rules.html

Is it the same agent? Or has there been some training or a script on how to handle the questions that are coming in about this "glitch/policy change)
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mapsgl
This is the second time if seen a post referencing the DM agent response "You got a good deal so no bonus".I think in the first post Here

Is it the same agent? Or has there been some training or a script on how to handle the questions that are coming in about this "glitch/policy change)
We FTers should have a script too.

"So miles are only for people who got a bad deal?"
Old Feb 17, 2013, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
All,

I am waiting to hear the resolution on this issue. Once I do, whatever the outcome, I will post here with an update.

As of Feb. 13, I have to wait 14 business days.

Thanks,
Robin
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta Silver
I guess this means we will be getting some more exciting enhancements coming our way in March.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mapsgl

Doubt it was the same agent since I used the DM desk and the other person is a GM that, IIRC, used DL.com.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.