Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by baccarat0809:20232541
Originally Posted by HongKonger
It's ready to implement and just leaked out a little early. Get your credit while you can.
I said upstream in this this thread that I was worried.

Hearing of others having the same problems is showing me that the programming is place to make the change - they just haven't announced it yet.

With the amount of programming required to put this in place this isn't something they're going to do but not roll out.

Firestorm waiting to happen and I don't like at all what I'm reading.
either the firestorm is imminent, some fares were mismarked as consolidator fares, or some consolidator fares were sold through the wrong channel. All are possible.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Update #3

Good morning everyone,

No updated to my account as of today...I'll keep you posted.

6,530 MQM might not be a lot, be every bit helps towards the overall balance!!

Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mattsteg
either the firestorm is imminent, some fares were mismarked as consolidator fares, or some consolidator fares were sold through the wrong channel. All are possible.
Something definitely went the wrong direction...especially since it was purchased directly from DL.

Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by rwoman
Something definitely went the wrong direction...especially since it was purchased directly from DL.

Well I hope I'm wrong but I think something will be going in the wrong direction very soon...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
Same issue with T fare

Originally Posted by rwoman
LHR-DTW:
MQM: 942; MQS: 1; Base Miles: 942; Bonus Miles: --

DTW-ORD
MQM: 59; MQS: 1; Base Miles: 59; Bonus Miles: --

Anyone else having issues on DL-booked/issued tickets?
Yes, exactly 25% for SAN-DTW-ICN flights booked by corporate agent in T for exactly the same (normal ~$1100) price as on DL.com.

The same agent and similar booking in December was fine, no problem with miles.

Have you been upgraded on DTW-ORD segment? My guess is that after change of upgrade code to R, which is non-rev, their soft has no idea how to deal with this.

I wrote a request and got a response: "miles are posted" (no explanation at all, why 25%).
Second response: "an unpublished fare booked through agent doesn't give miles" (nothing about why T is unpublished...).

Will try to call tonight to DM desk...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by inno.SAN-ICN
Yes, exactly 25% for SAN-DTW-ICN flights booked by corporate agent in T for exactly the same (normal ~$1100) price as on DL.com.

Have you been upgraded on DTW-ORD segment? My guess is that after change of upgrade code to R, which is non-rev, their soft has no idea how to deal with this.

I wrote a request and got a response: "miles are posted" (no explanation at all, why 25%).
Second response: "an unpublished fare booked through agent doesn't give miles" (nothing about why T is unpublished...).

I was upgraded in advance for both ORD-DTW and DTW-ORD. I've submitted a written request, called the DM line multiple times, and am actively communicating with a DL rep.

This is not an unpublished fare or booked via a 3rd party agent.

I'll keep you all posted...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE

There's nothing that prevents an unpublished T fare from existing, and being sold at the same price as a published one. That's a big part of why restricted earnings for unpublished fares is such a pain as it's possible to buy one without knowing.

There's a complete lack of transparency, which unfortunately is par for the course here.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

There's nothing that prevents an unpublished T fare from existing, and being sold at the same price as a published one. That's a big part of why restricted earnings for unpublished fares is such a pain as it's possible to buy one without knowing.

There's a complete lack of transparency, which unfortunately is par for the course here.
That's true, but this would be the first instance I've ever heard of where an unpublished fare was sold directly by DL to the passenger.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:49 am

OK, in my case it was "unpublished"

I still cannot undertand why it's "unpublished" if it's published and bookable on DL.com...
The key is TLXQKSMD/LNE08 in booking code.
It took 40 minutes for DM CSR to find out the problem.
Next ten minutes she was looking for this link.
Welcome "back to the future" of delta.com-published "unpublished" fares.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I still cannot undertand why it's "unpublished" if it's published and bookable on DL.com...
The key difference between your booking and mine is the corproate agent...I used the DM desk...

We'll see what happens...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
That's true, but this would be the first instance I've ever heard of where an unpublished fare was sold directly by DL to the passenger.
Obviously there's a significant issue involved in this case.

I thought you booked through your corporate TA? Have you confirmed that this fare (not this price) is bookable on DL.com?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Nice how we were told that booking directory through DL wouldn't be effected. Oops!
We were also told that corporate travel wouldn't be effected. Whoops again!
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:24 am

Obviously there's a significant issue involved in this case.

I thought you booked through your corporate TA? Have you confirmed that this fare (not this price) is bookable on DL.com?
Yes, I found the ticket on Dl.com and send info to our TA for booking.
This is from ITA:
SAN DL X/ATL DL X/DTT DL SEL 25M 350.00TLXQKSMD DL X/DTT DL SAN 20M 336.00TLXQKSMD NUC 686.00 END ROE 1.00 XT 5.50YC 7.00XY 5.00XA 34.40US 10.00AY 25.50BP 300.00YR 18.00XF SAN4.50 ATL4.50 DTW4.50 DTW4.50
And yes, it's bookable on delta.com.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Who wants to bet that somebody changed something or did an update, and the DL system is interpreting any fare with those additional /xxxx designators except a /WNUP or /PU503 as an 'unpublished' category.

inno.SAN-ICN, I would push back hard about getting full credit for your flight.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA PE, HH Gold
Yes, I found the ticket on Dl.com and send info to our TA for booking.
This is from ITA:
SAN DL X/ATL DL X/DTT DL SEL 25M 350.00TLXQKSMD DL X/DTT DL SAN 20M 336.00TLXQKSMD NUC 686.00 END ROE 1.00 XT 5.50YC 7.00XY 5.00XA 34.40US 10.00AY 25.50BP 300.00YR 18.00XF SAN4.50 ATL4.50 DTW4.50 DTW4.50
And yes, it's bookable on delta.com.
That sounds like an published fare to me. The unpublished fares i see over here in europe always have an different coding BEFORE the slash. They might start with "TL..." too but will have an different alpha numerical code then found on any published fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.