Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by rwoman
Hi All,

As it's been 48+ hours, I called the 404# in ATL via Skype.

After putting in my Skymiles #, I got the DM Desk
Try calling the 404 number and don't put in your Skymiles number. (That routes you to the DM desk.)

If you don't put in your number, you should get to the service recovery folks.

David
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Try calling the 404 number and don't put in your Skymiles number. (That routes you to the DM desk.)

If you don't put in your number, you should get to the service recovery folks.

David
They were the ones who said, "No." because of the meeting code I knew nothing of...

EDIT: But what the heck, I'll try again...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 2:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I agree that this is terrible. However, I was under the impression that group and meeting rates booked through DL nevertheless received full MQMs and redeemable miles. Is this claimed exception for using a meeting rate code on the delta.dumb booking page documented somewhere? (I rarely use such rates, and when I have the opportunity they're usually not any cheaper, but I can't recall seeing any warning about earning miles.) I would hope that the phone agent script when someone asks for such rates would include a statement about miles. More importantly, it warrants serious discipline when a phone agent generates such a code without being asked while selling a ticket.

A while ago, I suspected that a hotel phone agent gave me a corporate code I had never requested on a room reservation. Initially the "magic" rate he offered me seemed strange but possible that it was some special rate that I was entitled to use. However when I looked at the confirmation more carefully close to my trip, I realized that it seemed to be an abbreviation for I company I had never heard of. By then, no nonsmoking rooms were available and what was available was being sold at rack rate. At the time, I didn't know what to do and ended up doing nothing. The story had a happy ending in that the hotel didn't say anything to question the rate and I got full points, but I was unhappy about what the phone agent had apparently done without asking me. I was nervous the whole time that there would be a problem with my booking. Since then, I've become even more anal about checking the T&C for any special rate, promo, or package I'm trying to reserve. (BTW, I've had rental car phone agents offer to apply some special discount coupons that they're allowed to offer in limited numbers when I question a high rate. I assume this is legitimate but now I'm starting to wonder. I also wonder whether phone agents have sales targets or get commissions so that they have an incentive to cheat to make a sale.)

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Feb 13, 2013 at 3:04 pm
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I pressed further asking if there's a way to escalate since this ticket was purchased by me via the DM desk not a 3rd party.
Who loses the money when you do a chargeback because you did not get ALL the advertised services?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I realize you purchased over the phone but this makes the removal of the MQMs to be earned from the booking page an even bigger deal. Then, at least you would have a flag that something isn't right. Or you'd have a screen shot to help prove your point.

I've never booked a flight with a group/meeting code -- does it show up on the receipt. Is there anywhere we can look?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I realize you purchased over the phone but this makes the removal of the MQMs to be earned from the booking page an even bigger deal. Then, at least you would have a flag that something isn't right. Or you'd have a screen shot to help prove your point.

I've never booked a flight with a group/meeting code -- does it show up on the receipt. Is there anywhere we can look?
Per David's suggestion, I called back without putting my SM number in. The agent I'm on the phone with has been very helpful in trying to figure this out. It looks like using my $200 Choice Benefit eCert (the DM agent on 1 Feb used the cert number and redemption code) is what created the issue. She's still digging, but being pro-active.

I think the "supervisor" I spoke with earlier had it wrong...hopefully...50 minutes into this call...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Update #5

Hi Everyone,

Well, thanks to David's suggestion, I just spent over 90 minutes on the phone with the Patrina at the resolution desk; she was determined to get to the bottom of the issue. I detailed the booking and related phone calls that related to this issue.

When the DM Desk did the booking, the fare basis code, JUW37 (unpublished, 25% earning), which is usually used for 3rd party bookings, ended up on my ticket. However, when looking further into the ticket, they can see that it was, in fact, booked by DL and the DM Desk not a mystery meat 3rd party. Being ex-LHR also factored in somehow, although I've never had an issue in 3.5 years with ex-LHR tickets booked via the DM Desk...there's a first time for everything.

She said to give it 14 business days for resolution.

I really have to applaud her professionalism and interest in figuring out what was going on in this scenario.

I'll keep you posted with further details. While I hope this is over...not until my MQM balance is updated.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
TA's fault in my case (code /LNE08)

Originally Posted by TTT
Out of curiosity what agency books your corp travel? Is it one of the big names (Amex, CWT etc), the corp booking arm of an OTA or someone else?
Our TA is from some small agency, not from big names.

In my case it's the agent fault. He used the contract fare code (XXXXXXXX/LNE08).

Any suggestions what to claim as a compensation from the agent?
According to my math I'm loosing ~46000 miles and 13285 MQMs:
- 35428 miles and 13285 MQMs for this trip;
- I became short of MQMs to be GM on March 1st (just 2 TPACs in 2012), that means no 100% bonus for next 13000 miles (-9750 miles);
- Now I'm not sure if I will reach DM this year .

Last edited by inno.SAN-ICN; Feb 13, 2013 at 5:23 pm Reason: typo
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hertz Gold PC
Hi Everyone,

Well, thanks to David's suggestion, I just spent over 90 minutes on the phone with the Patrina at the resolution desk; she was determined to get to the bottom of the issue. I detailed the booking and related phone calls that related to this issue.

When the DM Desk did the booking, the fare basis code, JUW37 (unpublished, 25% earning), which is usually used for 3rd party bookings, ended up on my ticket. However, when looking further into the ticket, they can see that it was, in fact, booked by DL and the DM Desk not a mystery meat 3rd party. Being ex-LHR also factored in somehow, although I've never had an issue in 3.5 years with ex-LHR tickets booked via the DM Desk...there's a first time for everything.

She said to give it 14 business days for resolution.

I really have to applaud her professionalism and interest in figuring out what was going on in this scenario.

I'll keep you posted with further details. While I hope this is over...not until my MQM balance is updated.
^I hope you'll be fine.
Seems in your case it's the next stupid glitch in DL booking system.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:27 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Diamond, TK Elite, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Silver
Don't have very good feeling about my next trip. Fare code TLPV602/WNOX. Fare was findable on Delta.com, booked via DM desk becuase I had problems with applying coupons online...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Per David's suggestion, I called back without putting my SM number in. The agent I'm on the phone with has been very helpful in trying to figure this out. It looks like using my $200 Choice Benefit eCert (the DM agent on 1 Feb used the cert number and redemption code) is what created the issue. She's still digging, but being pro-active.
I have had good experiences with the folks at the 404 number.

But it is not obvious that if you want to talk to the folks at the 404 number, don't enter your SM number and code!

Glad to hear that you are making some progress. It's also good to know as I have a cert expiring at the end of this month and need to book a ticket!

David
Old Feb 13, 2013, 5:46 pm

I hope everything works out for you. But I think you pushed me into taking the miles as the choice benefit rather than the voucher.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I have had good experiences with the folks at the 404 number.

But it is not obvious that if you want to talk to the folks at the 404 number, don't enter your SM number and code!

Glad to hear that you are making some progress. It's also good to know as I have a cert expiring at the end of this month and need to book a ticket!

David
What is the 404 number?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
isnt it too much hassle to try to get the RDM and MQM? a simpler solution would be to book away from DL after all is said and done?
i would be upset if i were OP. it is just disgusting what delta is doing.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xmurphy
Don't have very good feeling about my next trip. Fare code TLPV602/WNOX. Fare was findable on Delta.com, booked via DM desk becuase I had problems with applying coupons online...
I would bet you're going to get hosed and have to go through the same ordeal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.