Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Update #2

Hello again,

Well, Sunday night's flights posted the same as Thursday...nothing like 1,001 MQM/RDM for what should be 4,266 MQM...

I'll keep you all posted...

Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:26 am

Programs: DL DM
Similiar

I'm also having a problem with miles crediting.

JFK-CDG-IST-AMS-JFK
006 stock, all DL flight numbers, Metal was DL over the water + AF/KL hops.

JFK-CDG and AMS-JFK (DL metal/DL numbers) has posted in full, while the short hops haven't.

On the outbound, I actually requested mileage credit online, the system recognized that a segment was missing and a few hours later it posted, but now it's there with just dashes. No RDM or MQM posted, Zero in the final column.

I'll wait another day or two (the website says to allow 7 days for partner miles to post - which hasn't been my experience in the past, but I'll roll with it) but clearly something isn't working right.

This is exactly the kind of thing that I could have been confident Kevin would have sorted out quickly and painlessly - sad that he's moved on.

(and before any BS or other panties get in a twist, I actually do business in IST and had to be there. This wasn't a mileage run. Not that I think that there's anything wrong with a MR...)
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

It's ready to implement and just leaked out a little early. Get your credit while you can.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:32 am
Suspended

DL

Originally Posted by rwoman
Hi Everyone,

I flew my LHR-DTW-ORD (ORD-CDG-IST-CDG-ORD) ORD-DTW-LHR MR this past weekend, with the IST nested in the middle. Each was purchased via the DM Desk and both trips are T fares.

I know there are issues with unpublished and group fares not earning 100% miles, but I did not book this through a 3rd party.

Flights credited as follows:

LHR-DTW:
MQM: 942; MQS: 1; Base Miles: 942; Bonus Miles: --

DTW-ORD
MQM: 59; MQS: 1; Base Miles: 59; Bonus Miles: --

The ORD-IST all credited normally and I'm waiting for last night's return to credit (probably tomorrow).

I've already called in about this and we'll see what things look like tomorrow when ORD-DTW-LHR should be posted.

Anyone else having issues on DL-booked/issued tickets?
I became a DM when it was first possible and have stayed that way. Only once in the past 4 years have I not been upgraded on domestic flights. I have been upgraded to BE several times on int'l flights; my wife and I were sent to the front of the bus from Europe to the U.S. last year on Y award tickets. Woo Hoo.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
I became a DM when it was first possible and have stayed that way. Only once in the past 4 years have I not been upgraded on domestic flights. I have been upgraded to BE several times on int'l flights; my wife and I were sent to the front of the bus from Europe to the U.S. last year on Y award tickets. Woo Hoo.
Well, your ug percentage for domestic flights is better than mine. I have been a DM since its inception and received a couple of OpUps per year...and once this is fixed, am about 19kMQM from requalifying.

That said, let's see how they fix this glitch.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Well, Sunday night's flights posted the same as Thursday...nothing like 1,001 MQM/RDM for what should be 4,266 MQM...
It's about time that Delta cracked down on you gamers.

David
Old Feb 12, 2013, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiverDave
It's about time that Delta cracked down on you gamers.

David
If anything, ORD-CDG-IST-CDG-ORD was the "game" ... yet I got full miles for those flights! A $700+ ex-LHR fare is pretty normal...not a gamer's deal.

Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:47 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by HongKonger
It's ready to implement and just leaked out a little early. Get your credit while you can.
Wouldn't be surprised. I can almost hear the Delta "It was a difficult decision to make, but it was the right one" spiel already.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
It was about 97 hours total from take off to returning to LHR. I left LHR at 915a on Thursday and returned around 1030a yesterday.

LHR-DTW and DTW-LHR were in regular Y, but I had a row of three to myself, so fairly easy to sleep. ORD-CDG was on the 763 in row 17 (bulkhead), so I propped my legs up on my sister's suitcase and was fine. CDG-ORD was a row of three to myself.

Ahhh - how nice, you got KS (Kettle Sleeper) seats.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I said upstream in this this thread that I was worried.

Hearing of others having the same problems is showing me that the programming is place to make the change - they just haven't announced it yet.

With the amount of programming required to put this in place this isn't something they're going to do but not roll out.

Firestorm waiting to happen and I don't like at all what I'm reading.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
I definitely agree that there are likely more currently unannounced "cuts" to come. My thinking is that the announcement about the 2014 spending requirement was made so far in advance so DL could allow the displeasure level to dissapate some before announcing the next round of "enhancements". And, that these (whatever they are--and I also agree lowered earnings rates is the most likely next announcement) announcements will continue over the course of 2013. By the time the 2014 program rolls out, I suspect the program will be very different from what we have today.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:46 am

Programs: DL EOS...
US/AA merger and program year approaching = likely more bad news for SM's program. Get used to it, all price and little benefit is likely the new FF model.

ADD - IIRC, this reduced MQM thing happened last year preceding the reduce MQM on consolidator fares. Yes, they're up to something, as usual. In DL speak, they don't call it "enhancement" to give you more!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Regardless of whether this is a harbinger of more changes to come, I truly think there will be a mess next year when folks realize that they think they have spent more on tickets than they really have, but when taxes, etc. are taken out, they did not get the status they hoped for.

So many folks on this board, myself included, ridicule DL IT for what seems like an every other week screwup. Why will the rollout of the new program year be any different? If DL had any common sense, it would have something in place RIGHT NOW to help us track our real spend as it will be calculated in 2015. But nope...that would be too customer friendly.

At least for west coast flyers like myself, AS has always been a decent experience, and will offer an alternative with a status match. Perhaps a one year break from the DL FFP is going to be best while the dust settles on the new program, and there will be a lot of dust in my opinion.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 1:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
They are testing with you the fare class alignment with AF/KLM, so you are being credited only 25% of the miles

But seriously, hopefully they fix this issue soon.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by waltinsocal:20233092

So many folks on this board, myself included, ridicule DL IT for what seems like an every other week screwup. Why will the rollout of the new program year be any different? If DL had any common sense, it would have something in place RIGHT NOW to help us track our real spend as it will be calculated in 2015. But nope...that would be too customer friendly.
The tool, at least in basic form, should be out by March 1. The recent announcement of the SPG crossover program pretty much requires it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.