Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL SM
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I realize you purchased over the phone but this makes the removal of the MQMs to be earned from the booking page an even bigger deal. Then, at least you would have a flag that something isn't right. Or you'd have a screen shot to help prove your point.

I've never booked a flight with a group/meeting code -- does it show up on the receipt. Is there anywhere we can look?
MQMs to be earned is back on the booking page and has been for a few weeks.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I hope everything works out for you. But I think you pushed me into taking the miles as the choice benefit rather than the voucher.
Exactly. So much for another supposed "benefit."
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by inno.SAN-ICN
^I hope you'll be fine.
Seems in your case it's the next stupid glitch in DL booking system.
Or human error...

Originally Posted by mikepa
What is the 404 number?
Delta Customer Care

Originally Posted by pbd456
isnt it too much hassle to try to get the RDM and MQM? a simpler solution would be to book away from DL after all is said and done?
i would be upset if i were OP. it is just disgusting what delta is doing.
No, for 5k+ miles, I'm willing to get to the bottom of this. I've booked hundreds of tickets with no issue...this is the first time in over 10 years something did not credit correctly.

You're right, I could switch, but I'm not sure the AA/US tie up is what I want either. I could look at UA, but they have issues as well.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HongKonger
I've taken the $200 CB for PM and DM benefits on every occasion and never had an issue. I'm wondering if it was a human error in something the DM Desk agent did...the one thing about IT is they can go back and figure out what (and who) did so.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:31 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by rwoman
I've taken the $200 CB for PM and DM benefits on every occasion and never had an issue. I'm wondering if it was a human error in something the DM Desk agent did...the one thing about IT is they can go back and figure out what (and who) did so.
Very frustrating to have to look over DL's shoulder all the time and even retrospectively.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Very frustrating to have to look over DL's shoulder all the time and even retrospectively.
Yes, to say this situation is frustrating does not quite cover it. However, if there's a glitch for something in the system, I'd rather know what's going on and help others if they end up in the same circumstance.

Sometimes, it's about being educated about a problem and, as a customer, being able to ask the right questions in order to get to the bottom of it.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Yes, to say this situation is frustrating does not quite cover it. However, if there's a glitch for something in the system, I'd rather know what's going on and help others if they end up in the same circumstance.

Sometimes, it's about being educated about a problem and, as a customer, being able to ask the right questions in order to get to the bottom of it.
And if that darned Kevin Pinto hadn't retired, this would already have been fixed!

(Seriously he deserves his retirement. )

David
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think Kevin picked a perfect time to get out... can you imagine the mess he'd have to deal with from all of the changes and inevitable screw-ups like this? Just wait until after March 1st when we have the combination of new booking codes and reduces MQM earning. Thats a recipe for a massive CF.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DiverDave
And if that darned Kevin Pinto hadn't retired, this would already have been fixed!

(Seriously he deserves his retirement. )

David
Originally Posted by rylan
I think Kevin picked a perfect time to get out... can you imagine the mess he'd have to deal with from all of the changes and inevitable screw-ups like this? Just wait until after March 1st when we have the combination of new booking codes and reduces MQM earning. Thats a recipe for a massive CF.
Between last night's initial phone debacle and the second phone call that may lead to success, I realized the importance of understanding T&C and where to find information.

On the second call, we went through the T&C of the $200 CB eCert to clarify there was nothing affecting MQM/RDM earnings. Then to the post 1 Sep 2012 page on unpublished/published fare earnings that specifies tickets booked via DL do earn miles.

After 1 March 2013, I'm sure we'll see many posts asking, "Where are my miles?!" There will be the need to educate them as well...just as we do with many other topics.

Of course in my case, I really should have received the miles.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 9:09 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl

I could look at UA, but they have issues as well.
Understatement of the (young) century...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:30 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by xmurphy
Don't have very good feeling about my next trip. Fare code TLPV602/WNOX. Fare was findable on Delta.com, booked via DM desk becuase I had problems with applying coupons online...
Not all ticket designators are bad. You could tweet DL now to see how your ticket is currently showing (and if you have problems after it posts you have recourse).
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
rwoman, hope it works out. But the bigger question to me is how does a DM agent book unpublished fares?

OP, was this the same price you found on ITA?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnredfox
rwoman, hope it works out. But the bigger question to me is how does a DM agent book unpublished fares?

OP, was this the same price you found on ITA?
ITA, DL.com, and the DM desk quote all matched...I believe in using all resources to get the best fare.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:20 am

Sorry to hear all of this. Roughly the same thing happened to me this week with a flight from LHR to JFK. I only received 25% miles and booked directly through Delta.com. I posted a wordy explanation on another thread, but in short, it's the same situation.

Such an annoyance for you. Keep your thread updated, I'm curious to hear how it all turns out. So annoying about all of this. Best of luck.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I realize you purchased over the phone but this makes the removal of the MQMs to be earned from the booking page an even bigger deal.
This is no longer true. Delta has restored the MQM earning information on the booking page (this was posted on FT a few weeks ago). And if you click on the "details" link it provides an informative pop-up listing the earnings on each segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.