Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Old Feb 11, 2013, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Question Ticket booked via DM Desk not earning full MQM

Hi Everyone,

I flew my LHR-DTW-ORD (ORD-CDG-IST-CDG-ORD) ORD-DTW-LHR MR this past weekend, with the IST nested in the middle. Each was purchased via the DM Desk and both trips are T fares.

I know there are issues with unpublished and group fares not earning 100% miles, but I did not book this through a 3rd party.

Flights credited as follows:

LHR-DTW:
MQM: 942; MQS: 1; Base Miles: 942; Bonus Miles: --

DTW-ORD
MQM: 59; MQS: 1; Base Miles: 59; Bonus Miles: --

The ORD-IST all credited normally and I'm waiting for last night's return to credit (probably tomorrow).

I've already called in about this and we'll see what things look like tomorrow when ORD-DTW-LHR should be posted.

Anyone else having issues on DL-booked/issued tickets?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

Very odd, please keep us posted.

Fares offered by the DM line surely shouldn't be unpublished fares of the type that only earn 25%.

Hope this wasn't a glitch resulting in early application of a forthcoming enhancement.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by HongKonger
Hope this wasn't a glitch resulting in early application of a forthcoming enhancement.
Agreed. Would you mind posting your full fare basis/construction here for our analysis?

(PS- the conspiracy theorist in me says that there would be no reason to call out LUT(E) fares differently vs. HQK on the earning chart unless you were going to make them different in some way...)
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davisew
Agreed. Would you mind posting your full fare basis/construction here for our analysis?

(PS- the conspiracy theorist in me says that there would be no reason to call out LUT(E) fares differently vs. HQK on the earning chart unless you were going to make them different in some way...)
From my emailed receipt:

LON DL X/DTT DL CHI M80.41TLXP20GB/JUW37 DL X/DTT DL LON M112.57TLWP20GB/JUW37 NUC192.98END ROE.621791 XF DTW4.5ORD4.5DTW4.5

If there's omething else needed for decoding, let me know!

Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: DL Diamond MM, SPG Platinum, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by rwoman
From my emailed receipt:

LON DL X/DTT DL CHI M80.41TLXP20GB/JUW37 DL X/DTT DL LON M112.57TLWP20GB/JUW37 NUC192.98END ROE.621791 XF DTW4.5ORD4.5DTW4.5

If there's omething else needed for decoding, let me know!

I don't look at these often...but am I reading this wrong...did you pay $192.98+13.50 in taxes?

What did the Diamond line say when you called?
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDL4Fun
I don't look at these often...but am I reading this wrong...did you pay $192.98+13.50 in taxes?

What did the Diamond line say when you called?
From my emailed receipt:

YQ isn't listed in the above line (it's in the "detailed tax information" breakdown); I'm presuming some YQ was paid on top of this as these fares are usually priced using the "cheap base fare, high YQ" trick.

The way the fare code is listed, with the slash separating two parts, makes me suspicious that this is in fact some type of bulk/consolidator fare. Most fare codes look like "TLXP20GB", not "TLXP20GB/JUW37". If this is actually a consolidator fare, it raises the question of why in the !@#$ the DM line sold you such a thing....
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:35 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by reluctanttraveler
YQ isn't listed in the above line (it's in the "detailed tax information" breakdown); I'm presuming some YQ was paid on top of this as these fares are usually priced using the "cheap base fare, high YQ" trick.

The way the fare code is listed, with the slash separating two parts, makes me suspicious that this is in fact some type of bulk/consolidator fare. Most fare codes look like "TLXP20GB", not "TLXP20GB/JUW37". If this is actually a consolidator fare, it raises the question of why in the !@#$ the DM line sold you such a thing....
The /JUW37 is the ticket designator and is applied to define the agent selling the ticket (TA, not res agent) or the discount applied to the ticket. My corp TA tickets have a ticket designator to signify the corp discount my firm gets. Consolidator fares likely also have a ticket designator to signify that it is an un-published fare.

But according to the Delta page on consolidator ticket mileage earning the following appears at the top:
Tickets purchased directly through Delta are considered “published fares” and receive full mileage credit based on the SkyMiles program rules.
http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...shed/index.jsp
Since the ticket was purchased through a Delta reservation channel it should not have earned partial miles.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Update

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your comments.

The fare was cheap...it's the taxes, fees and YQ that pushed it over $700. In the end I paid less as I had my $200 Choice Benefit voucher.

I spoke with the DM Desk today and the agent was much more proactive than the one I spoke with from Paris on Saturday.

The agent said this should be fixed within 48 hours.

I'll keep you all posted.

Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Well, good to hear its going to be fixed - but I get a bad feeling about this.

Somehow, I'm thinking we're going to end up with UTE, or maye LUTE getting less than 100%.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by baccarat0809
Well, good to hear its going to be fixed - but I get a bad feeling about this.

Somehow, I'm thinking we're going to end up with UTE, or maye LUTE getting less than 100%.
They have given no indication that this is going to happen. One would think if it was going to happen that theynwouldmhave announced in when they lowered M fare MQm's. Also, since so many have lowest fare rule, they really would be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that, there would not be much of a reason for many to stay loyal
Old Feb 11, 2013, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Hi Everyone,

I flew my LHR-DTW-ORD (ORD-CDG-IST-CDG-ORD) ORD-DTW-LHR MR this past weekend, with the IST nested in the middle. Each was purchased via the DM Desk and both trips are T fares.

I know there are issues with unpublished and group fares not earning 100% miles, but I did not book this through a 3rd party.

Flights credited as follows:

LHR-DTW:
MQM: 942; MQS: 1; Base Miles: 942; Bonus Miles: --

DTW-ORD

The ORD-IST all credited normally and I'm waiting for last night's return to credit (probably tomorrow).

I've already called in about this and we'll see what things look like tomorrow when ORD-DTW-LHR should be posted.

Anyone else having issues on DL-booked/issued tickets?
off topic but wow! Nice MR. Was that all in 1 weekend? Aren't you exhausted (assuming all was in coach?).
Old Feb 11, 2013, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Hi Everyone,

OT but that is awesome - what was your schedule? 96 hours - 120 hours?

I hope this gets sorted - that is seriously some serious mileage with an incredible strain on your body - so not to get the mileage credit would seriously suck badly.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: DL PM
DTW-ORD
Just to throw another log on the conspiracy theory fire, that's 25% of the actual miles flown for that segment, sans 500 mile minimum.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: DL 2+Million Miler, Delta Platinum(by choice), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I purchased an "M" fare that I upgraded with SWUs for a trip from PVG-DTW at Christmas. For work reasons, I had to change to fly Shanghai to Beijing, then to Detroit on the non-stop, again in a "M" fare which got me upgraded to business purchased through the diamond desk. Lo and behold, I check in at Shanghai and I am not in business or first on China Eastern to Beijing and they won't let me have access to the lounge even though I only have a 6 hour layover connecting to the Detroit international flight. I figure it is just China Eastern's agents not being knowledgable about the Delta system.

I suck up the 2 hours in coach to Beijing and make my trip to Detroit in business with no issues. When I finally get credit for the miles, I notice I only got 50% MQM miles credit for my MU flight not the minimum 100% or the planned 130% credit. I call the Diamond Desk and it turns out the agent sold me a lower class ticket and charged me extra for the privilege of changing my itinerary with a new fare code that only got me 50%. So the Diamond Desk does not help on international segments with partner airlines. Next time, I will review each segment's fare code before agreeing to any changes. Oh, I forgot, now that Delta is screwing with all of its partner MQM earning power, it doesn't make sense to use Delta for foreign travel partners. I will be switching to another alliance to earn mileage.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vgb2001
off topic but wow! Nice MR. Was that all in 1 weekend? Aren't you exhausted (assuming all was in coach?).
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
OT but that is awesome - what was your schedule? 96 hours - 120 hours?

I hope this gets sorted - that is seriously some serious mileage with an incredible strain on your body - so not to get the mileage credit would seriously suck badly.
It was about 97 hours total from take off to returning to LHR. I left LHR at 915a on Thursday and returned around 1030a yesterday.

LHR-DTW and DTW-LHR were in regular Y, but I had a row of three to myself, so fairly easy to sleep. ORD-CDG was on the 763 in row 17 (bulkhead), so I propped my legs up on my sister's suitcase and was fine. CDG-ORD was a row of three to myself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.