Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Which will likely be about 10 minutes before implementation. I'm sure we'll also be told that it was a tough decision, but the right decision
More like 10-100 hours after implementation!

Rarely before, mostly after!

One never ever knows .....
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Which will likely be about 10 minutes before implementation. I'm sure we'll also be told that it was a tough decision, but the right decision
Probably more like a week after the changes have already been implemented -- too late for us to make changes -- but otherwise, you are quite correct.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:13 pm

This thread amazes me. I can't believe there are so many posts based on sheer speculation.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
BURN BURN BURN - those who mostly buy sLUT should get out before the crash.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by dcline414
10 minutes BEFORE?

Based on how they normally implement changes, here's how it will actually go:
  1. IT will load the updates without telling customers or employees
  2. There will be a million confused/upset/threatening FT posts the next day
  3. We'll finally come to some sort of understanding about what changes were made and how badly we get screwed over
  4. SMI will do a hit and run confirming everything we already figured out and telling us that it actually makes things better (then never answer specific questions that come up afterwards)
  5. We will inform the front line employees about the changes
  6. A week or two later they will get a memo announcing the changes
What more does a ham sandwich need? Eventually someone will remove your plastic wrapper and it will be all over.

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
BURN BURN BURN - those who mostly buy sLUT should get out before the crash.
"Burn, burn, burn" has been good advice here for years.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
What more does a ham sandwich need? Eventually someone will remove your plastic wrapper and it will be all over.

"Burn, burn, burn" has been good advice here for years.
It's burn baby burn. But the jist is to dump your skypesos while you can.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by mzkaiser
This thread amazes me. I can't believe there are so many posts based on sheer speculation.
It isn't speculation. It is based upon reliable information received from cousins of friends of customers of hairdressers that cut the hair of the lady that used to baby-sit the nephew of the neighbor of someone that has a friend that is a reliable source at Delta.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
Originally Posted by pbarnette
It isn't speculation. It is based upon reliable information received from cousins of friends of customers of hairdressers that cut the hair of the lady that used to baby-sit the nephew of the neighbor of someone that has a friend that is a reliable source at Delta.
Best post in this thread.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Sounds like a good source....right??

Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Well, if the changes are dramatic and all of you leave DL, we can go back to flying nonrev, there'll be plenty of seating available.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Well, if the changes are dramatic and all of you leave DL, we can go back to flying nonrev, there'll be plenty of seating available.
Expect NRSA to be occupied by kettles...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by dcline414
Based on how they normally implement changes, here's how it will actually go:
  1. IT will load the updates without telling customers or employees
  2. There will be a million confused/upset/threatening FT posts the next day
  3. We'll finally come to some sort of understanding about what changes were made and how badly we get screwed over
  4. SMI will do a hit and run confirming everything we already figured out and telling us that it actually makes things better (then never answer specific questions that come up afterwards)
  5. We will inform the front line employees about the changes
  6. A week or two later they will get a memo announcing the changes
+1
I wish I could laugh and call this a funny joke, but unfortunately it is pretty much standard operating procedure for how DL chooses to unveil program changes to its customers.

+1 again
Alot of "I heard it from a friend who knows a guy who has a neighbor" type of supposition at this point, but the sheer volume of anectodal evidence suggests that a non-lubricated screwing of the highest order is on the horizon.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:59 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jeff30189
Alot of "I heard it from a friend who knows a guy who has a neighbor" type of supposition at this point, but the sheer volume of anectodal evidence suggests that a non-lubricated screwing of the highest order is on the horizon.
Except that now we've heard it from Randy:

So, listen to me ... There's a Change a Comin' ...
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
This week I heard directly from a Delta Exec that there is going to be a level above DM based on revenue. This was part of a conversation about my roll over making it possible to not fly Delta for three years and maintaining DM status and how this diminishes program benefit for their best customers.

Some other notes.

Many Delta employees have read this thread can not comment because they aren't close to what the new program will look like yet, that any detail they offer could be changed. They regularly sketch program ideas as part of workgroups, some tame, some radical changes. It's not unusual or unique to Delta and doesn't indicate changes.

Lower Tiers will still be mileage based and RDM earned will be based on the same.

While GS and CK may offer different, but not necessarily better benefits for HVC than DM, Delta realizes that perception is reality and people like to be a part of something exclusive. This will allow them to attract more HVC.

New level will have upgrade priority over DM.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
Except that now we've heard it from Randy:

So, listen to me ... There's a Change a Comin' ...
Except that Randy's article doesn't really tell us much either. He basically draws a (quite logical) conclusion that WN's changes are likely to cause other carriers to reassess their own programs, especially if the changes prove to be beneficial for WN. He makes too much about a "no comment" statement, sure, but there is nothing other than speculation to his article.

Are changes coming at some point in the future? Probably. I don't think anybody doubts that. What I think people doubt are the specifics people latched onto here. More importantly - and Randy's article speaks to this - I think people don't buy into the idea (implicit in so many of the comments here) that this is somehow DL-specific.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.