Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by DLdweeb

Anybody else worried that this changeover may be a bit buggy?
Not too worried. I think DL (NW) IT generally did an outstanding job with the merger and I expect the same for this transition, which is why they keep delaying it until it's ready... unlike United.

That said, the new system will likely enable DL to do a lot of interesting things, including what is rumored here related to dynamic fare based awards.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:33 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Wowzers, a revival of this massive thread. Let's see if we can push it to 200 pages before an announcement is made.
I'm only on page 62 - you can change your settings so that you get more messages per page.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:36 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HongKonger
Wowzers, a revival of this massive thread. Let's see if we can push it to 200 pages before an announcement is made.
Well, it's not really a revival by choice. Two new related threads were started this morning - - one specifically about DL replacing DeltaMatic IT - - that a mod apparently felt needed to be merged into this soap opera!

Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Usually we are the last to know.
Well, DM agent said she got a memo on it. Not that any agents are 100% reliabile....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-thread.html
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Spyro
There are so many threads on this topic, I think we need a spindle to hold them together! (ok, that was off topic but I couldn't resist).

I get thread merges and their utility but what did the Deltamatic thread have to do with SkyMiles changes?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
As soon as there is a shred of credible evidence that it is coming, we are going to see mass award redemptions of customers using their miles for fear of them becoming devalued in a big way.
There won't even be any high awards!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by LedgeT
The Loyalty Program is comprised of two projects that seek to increase revenue and customer loyalty along with
decreasing liability related to unused award miles. Coordinated communication to the general public regarding the
intentions of these changes is paramount to acceptance.

Revenue Based Mileage Accrual (RBMA) project shifts the basis for awarding miles to a revenue based accrual approach
Release 0: Support the communication/announcement of upcoming SkyMiles program changes (targeted 1Q12).
Will no longer display distance flown miles for departures after new miles accrual effective date (targeted for 3Q12)
Release 0.5: Provide Mileage Calculator to calculate approximate revenue based mileage accrual based on travel
after launch ((targeted 2Q12)
Release 1: Convert SkyMiles System from flown miles to revenue based mileage accrual (3Q12)
Release 2: Reward SkyMiles members with miles for all non-air purchases (i.e. SkyClub, Seats) (currently On Hold)

Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project
Fast Track Release – Provides limited base functionality to align with the Polaris Chicago release timing

Phase I at Launch introduces Fare Based Award Redemption Model, Single Shopping Experience for Customer, New Award Inventory Controls, Cash + Miles Award Redemption Product, Award Redemption for OA, Modifications to the automated Award Refund, Redeposit, and Reissue and Exchange Process

Phase II – After Launch includes Bid for Price Award Redemption Product, Buy It Now Award Redemption Product, Volume Discount Award Redemption Product, Modifications to SkyMiles Branded Mileage Upgrade Products, and Modifications to SkyMiles System-Wide Upgrade Certificates
I remember this post. That was a good one.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:40 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
As soon as there is a shred of credible evidence that it is coming, we are going to see mass award redemptions of customers using their miles for fear of them becoming devalued in a big way.
Surely, you don't think they could possibly announce this change with even a shred of notice, do you? That would create madness and mayhem online and with the phone reps!

I'd bet that some quiet Saturday night, some FlyerTalkers are trying to book reward tickets online, and strange things start to happen - - with pricing, and ticketing. Suddenly, the next morning, we see all of the new rules posted on DL.com. A few days later, we may even see a post here from a company representative as to why . . . .

It was a difficult decision, but it was the right one!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Deadtail
This week I heard directly from a Delta Exec that there is going to be a level above DM based on revenue. This was part of a conversation about my roll over making it possible to not fly Delta for three years and maintaining DM status and how this diminishes program benefit for their best customers.

Some other notes.

Many Delta employees have read this thread can not comment because they aren't close to what the new program will look like yet, that any detail they offer could be changed. They regularly sketch program ideas as part of workgroups, some tame, some radical changes. It's not unusual or unique to Delta and doesn't indicate changes.

Lower Tiers will still be mileage based and RDM earned will be based on the same.

While GS and CK may offer different, but not necessarily better benefits for HVC than DM, Delta realizes that perception is reality and people like to be a part of something exclusive. This will allow them to attract more HVC.

New level will have upgrade priority over DM.
Will rollover exist?
Example: $25K needed. $28K spent.
Next year only needs $22K.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Will rollover exist?
If it's revenue based, why not make it a rolling year? If you've spent enough in the last 12 months, you get an elite status tier. If you want more status today, book and fly enough dollars to get there.

If you're going to overhaul the system, might as well get rid of the silly calendar-based earning/status periods.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Will rollover exist?
I'd be behind this in a heartbeat if you were talking AMEX spend...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Deadtail
I remember this post. That was a good one.
Do you really think I made all that up? I think not...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
I for 1 do not. You post likely delayed the change or maybe stopped it.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:44 pm

Uh oh...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTKz956YWYE
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by hnewman
I for 1 do not. You post likely delayed the change or maybe stopped it.
I once stated that the US planned to sell Minnesota to Canada. You can thank me now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.