Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Capping off the max. value customers get out of the DL "loyalty" program miles at around 1 cent per mile is not going to make the DL "loyalty" program more attractive.
If they think along those lines, they are going to have to come up with something really interesting to keep us around. Our last experience with BAAnkrupt AAirlines was rather mediocre but our other LGA choice is Doug Parker to whom we mailed in our Chairman's Preferred status when he canned FLL.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:43 am

Programs: DL PM, AS MVPG, Hyatt DIA, PC PLAT, Club Carl Gold, HH Gold, Accor Dia
Originally Posted by Deadtail
This week I heard directly from a Delta Exec that there is going to be a level above DM based on revenue. This was part of a conversation about my roll over making it possible to not fly Delta for three years and maintaining DM status and how this diminishes program benefit for their best customers.

Some other notes.

Many Delta employees have read this thread can not comment because they aren't close to what the new program will look like yet, that any detail they offer could be changed. They regularly sketch program ideas as part of workgroups, some tame, some radical changes. It's not unusual or unique to Delta and doesn't indicate changes.

Lower Tiers will still be mileage based and RDM earned will be based on the same.

While GS and CK may offer different, but not necessarily better benefits for HVC than DM, Delta realizes that perception is reality and people like to be a part of something exclusive. This will allow them to attract more HVC.

New level will have upgrade priority over DM.

So can you confirm that besides the add'l 'GS-type' tier above DM these workgroups DO indeed focus on changing the value proposition of REDEMPTION?

Just b/c 125k can still get you DM that doesn't mean the 1cpm redemption threat is any different does it. For me I could care less about earning PM status if all I'm doing is going to be raking in for my travel is SW-type points.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: DL Million Miler, Skymiles GM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by DiverDave
The rest of the elites are merely fungible self loading cargo, and each airline tailors its program to retain its share of those.
"Fungible self loading cargo" is the politically correct way of saying "Ham Sandwich".
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:04 am

Self-annointed HVCs are never happy, as evidence just read this thread. Many would be satisfied with nothing less than positive space confirmed upgrade instruments and a limo ride to their beachfront estate. Or even better, a kryptonian cattle prod to kick any lower tier elites out of FC seats. How dare a DM ride in coach with a lowly PM upgraded to First Class. Imagine the utter horror of riding in the seat which was paid for. :eek

David
Love this
Old Jun 10, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Self-annointed HVCs are never happy, as evidence just read this thread. Many would be satisfied with nothing less than positive space confirmed upgrade instruments and a limo ride to their beachfront estate. Or even better, a kryptonian cattle prod to kick any lower tier elites out of FC seats. How dare a DM ride in coach with a lowly PM upgraded to First Class. Imagine the utter horror of riding in the seat which was paid for.

David
Sounds like me with more than 10K less than 20K yearly.

However, I am perfectly happy with the way Delta's FFP it is now. I gladly sit in Y most flights. Changing anything (apart from adding more award partners) would likely make me less happy.

Though I wish they would change boarding so: DM get to board in PERM, PM gets zone 1, GM and FO gets zone 2.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Jun 10, 2012 at 10:20 am
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Though I wish they would change boarding so: DM get to board in PERM, PM gets zone 1, GM and FO gets zone 2.
I love the thought of a boarding group for people with bad hairdos. They should board after Zone 4 though
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Why Zone 4? If they go first it's like a parade.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Junior Varsity
Why Zone 4? If they go first it's like a parade.
I'm usually up front, so almost everyone is in that parade anyway
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
burn burn burn - those who mostly buy slut should get out before the crash.
silly silly silly
Old Jun 10, 2012, 2:55 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
silly silly silly
Please remember your post and post back a year from now.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Deltamatic rumored to go Sept 2012

Heard it from the DM line.

Anyone can confirm/deny this? What's replacing it? Heard it's a more friendly web-based application.

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Jul 19, 2012 at 5:40 am Reason: I clarified the title
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Could this also bring about the introduction of FBATR?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Could this also bring about the introduction of FBATR?
I had the same thought when I saw the thread...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Please explain to this noob what Deltamatic and FBATR are exactly...they sound like 1970 terms
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Please explain to this noob what Deltamatic and FBATR are exactly...they sound like 1970 terms
FBATR: Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption
Deltamatic: DL IT...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.