Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by earlek
i think a much better thread is "what is THomas Hudson up to??" we certainly do not need the one that says 'what is Thomas Hudson drinking?"

sure beats the same o same of threads. nuff said
+1 we really need a martini glass icon (not just the smilies)- just my 2 cents
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Thank you for taking me back to the '90s! Almost knocked my beer over from laughing!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by earlek
i think a much better thread is "what is THomas Hudson up to??" we certainly do not need the one that says 'what is Thomas Hudson drinking?"

sure beats the same o same of threads. nuff said
How about a realtime tracking application with GoPro video? That is what is needed!
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Oh and my first computer was a ZX81 - I learnt how to write Beginners All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code with it.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Oh and my first computer was a ZX81 - I learnt how to write Beginners All-Purpose Symbolic Instruction Code with it.
My first was the TRS-80, so perhaps I can help DL with their upgrade
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I once stated that the US planned to sell Minnesota to Canada. You can thank me now.
Really?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by LedgeT
Do you really think I made all that up? I think not...
No, I think a low level flunky passed you some copy trash and you ran with it without thinking twice.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA EP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Deadtail
No, I think a low level flunky passed you some copy trash and you ran with it without thinking twice.
Fail. We will have to agree to disagree but time will tell the ultimate decision DL makes with FBATR and RBMA.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Really?
Scout's honor.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:03 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by SFO777
Can't see that one ever happening, unless DL wants a mass defection of elites to AA/UA/US/etc.
This may be a good time to do it, as AA is in BK and UA is imploding with its great IT (almost as good as the DL award engine).
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Spyro
Devalued in a big way? Skymiles are already so incredibly inflated. Further decreasing the value would be like polishing a turd.
For international travel, perhaps. For domestic, as a DM, I've been using 25K dozens of times per year to fly first clsss domestically, including many that replace last minute fares for a value of 3+ CPM and confirmed in first class within my 6 day window. I often change and cancel too, with no fees. When I try this on other airlines, one or more of those benefits are usually missing and I can never get first class for 25K.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA, DL, SPG, Hyatt
Originally Posted by mooper
For international travel, perhaps. For domestic, as a DM, I've been using 25K dozens of times per year to fly first clsss domestically, including many that replace last minute fares for a value of 3+ CPM and confirmed in first class within my 6 day window. I often change and cancel too, with no fees. When I try this on other airlines, one or more of those benefits are usually missing and I can never get first class for 25K.
I know AA doesn't allow upgrades to F or J on award tickets. Does UA or US offer complimentary upgrades on award tix?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by rionio77
I know AA doesn't allow upgrades to F or J on award tickets. Does UA or US offer complimentary upgrades on award tix?
UA does if you hold their cobranded credit card (must also be elite... otherwise lizbeth would be all over that). US does not.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:38 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I once stated that the US planned to sell Minnesota to Canada. You can thank me now.
I'd rather the US sold Texas to Mexico and threw in Arizona to sweeten the deal.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mooper
I agree...if you are a DM and using this strategy for domestic tickets, then its a pretty valuable award program.

My issue is that I struggle every year to maintain GM status as most my flights are for pleasure, so I end up having to buy all my domestic tickets to achieve status, then try and use miles for my wife and I to fly BE class to Europe at 100k, or maybe Asia at 120K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.