Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by randidliyo
I did, back in March. I booked three seats ATL to ICN for my wife, son, and sister. 70K each. No problem as long as you know the blackout dates ahead of time.
You booked seats on KE not DL. KE sets the availability of those seats.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mother-
You booked seats on KE not DL. KE sets the availability of those seats.
I'm seeing this #2083 as the last post, but the top and bottom of the page tell me that I'm on page 139 of 140 of this thread. When I click for page 140 or the next page, FT sends me back to page 139. Is this happening to anyone else?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm seeing this #2083 as the last post, but the top and bottom of the page tell me that I'm on page 139 of 140 of this thread. When I click for page 140 or the next page, FT sends me back to page 139. Is this happening to anyone else?
Yes, and not just this thread but a few others as well. Seems like data base inconsitency in phpBB (or whatever forum software that is used here). These forums get frequent db corruption errors and downtime, so likely another one is a coming..
Old Apr 22, 2012, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I fear you are correct.

Consider this thread: over 2000 posts and over 130,000 visits.

The suits on Virgina Ave may not be the brightest bulbs in the box when it comes to customer relations, but I cannot imagine them failing to respond to quell the rumors if there was nothing whatsoever valid about what is being suggested here.

If the rumors were entirely devoid of foundation, why would DL management allow the negative feelings and perceptions that are growing here continue to fester?

Something is in the works. The details may not precisely correspond to any of the rumors posted here, but they are likely close enough in concept to the rumors that there is insufficient wiggle room left to provide DL management plausible deniability. Hence, the lack of response.
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Yes, and not just this thread but a few others as well. Seems like data base inconsitency in phpBB (or whatever forum software that is used here). These forums get frequent db corruption errors and downtime, so likely another one is a coming..
While there are 2,000 posts on this thread, based on the overall quality of the posts (see above) I don't think Delta views this thread as the "threat" you do

A great portion of the posts seem to be posters fighting with each other.. posters bragging about thier spend and other useless stuff. (See above again) As a result, this thread is no more important to Delta then any other on this board IMHO.

Yes, they will make a change. But 2,000 posts on a message board is not something they need to issue a press release for.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Unlucky DL rep will have to sift through all 2000 posts.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Yes mine kept getting stuck on Page 138
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Were some posts here deleted? At 15 posts per page, I am on page 138 and when I click to go to page 139, it bounces right back to page 139, despite the top and bottom of the the page saying that I am on "Page 138 of 139."
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
The same sort of thing has been happening to me for the last few pages...
Originally Posted by HongKonger
And to me. Not only does that happen, but I can't use the back button anymore once it happens. I have to click on "Delta Skymiles" to get back to the thread menu.
Originally Posted by X3Skier
EGAD!

Delta IT has invaded Flyer Talk!!!!

Cheers
Yep a couple of posts were deleted when a mod lock the thread and cleaned up a few inappropriate posts.

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I see you have 0 confidence in SMI posting...
The big question I have is how much confidence do you have in SMI posting?

I have 0 confidence that either SMI will post, but that is a different issue.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:22 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'm on page 53, why do people decide to have their settings set so you have so few posts on a page?
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Tomphot
I'm on page 53, why do people decide to have their settings set so you have so few posts on a page?
Same reason it took me two years to figure out how the Ignore functionality works.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
That's the problem tho - you're expecting them to get into specifics they either 1) can't, in an effort to continue their relationship with sources who give them information, or 2) they know baseline information, but not enough to satiate the needs of the information hungry.

That said, in this day and age, it is naive for anyone to expect anything other than a revenue based reward system. While someone may be 125K MQM flyer, the LUT fares they are purchasing are, in the end, worth less than a 75K flyer who buys H/Q/K.

People who contribute a significant revenue toward Delta shouldn't be worried, at least with the glasses I have on.
I beg to differ because if I look at Southwest or Jetblue's points system, which are true fare based loyalty programs, get back between 10-20% rebate on fare value in terms of points.

Additionally, don't forget this is value available on DL.dumb where the award calendar works the way it has for the past 3-4 years. So in the future when you want to redeem a TATL business class ticket, you need $5K worth of points instead of $3K worth of points.

Originally Posted by GrizShel
I disagree. An award program that gives a percentage of one's ticket price back for future flight credit (which appears to be the type of system Delta is shooting for) does not serve as an effective stimulus for low- or high-revenue per segment / mile passengers to incrementally spend more with Delta over the long term imo.
+1

Yep, that is why I said before and will say it again, the implementation of such a program is basically anti-mileage runners.

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Agreed my former boss who is ATL based and fly to Europe quite a bit always buys the higher fares so he can use miles to upgrade or SWUs or to have a better shot on medallion heavy routes. He is only PM, but I bet he spends more than quite a few DMs. I confess although I am PM it was mainly on sLUT TATL fares and thus totally mileage based.
You also have GMs who also spend more than him and a few DMs too.

Originally Posted by nsx
I am certain that Southwest has had the opposite experience. Even FT members, and we are total cheapskates, have reported "buying up" to BS (as we have dubbed their Business Select fare) when deep discounts are not available or when spending other people's money. Southwest's tighter rules on fare re-use (funds are locked to one passenger name) have also made refundable fares like BS relatively more attractive.

Delta *will* improve its mix of fares sold with a revenue-based program. The question is whether too many profitable customers will jump ship to other airlines, reducing the size of Delta's total revenue so much that it offsets the improved fare mix.
This is the question they are pondering right now. I have already e-mailed them about this and will let my actions speak.

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Consider this thread: over 2000 posts and over 130,000 visits.

The suits on Virgina Ave may not be the brightest bulbs in the box when it comes to customer relations, but I cannot imagine them failing to respond to quell the rumors if there was nothing whatsoever valid about what is being suggested here.

If the rumors were entirely devoid of foundation, why would DL management allow the negative feelings and perceptions that are growing here continue to fester?

Something is in the works. The details may not precisely correspond to any of the rumors posted here, but they are likely close enough in concept to the rumors that there is insufficient wiggle room left to provide DL management plausible deniability. Hence, the lack of response.
Sigh. I really hate leaving DL behind but they forced my hand. I just got my status challenge and will not buy another DL ticket until they sort this whole thing out, or at least come clean and address this issue, which won't happen anytime soon IMHO.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by skchin
Unlucky DL rep will have to sift through all 2000 posts.
They've been following this thread from day 1.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
They've been following this thread from day 1.
This is post #2093 in this thread, but my DL forum page shows that it is reply #2099 and hence should be post #2100 here. What is happening?

ADDED: Now I see that this post of mine is #2101, which agrees with the information on the DL forum page, but the posts between #2093 and #2101 are missing from the thread.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Yep a couple of posts were deleted when a mod lock the thread and cleaned up a few inappropriate posts.
This is post #2093 in this thread, but my DL forum page shows that it is reply #2099 and hence should be post #2100 here. What is happening?

ADDED: Now I see that this post of mine is #2101, which agrees with the information on the DL forum page, but the posts between #2093 and #2101 are missing from the thread.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
News From Friday's DAL Board Meeting

From a friend who is interning at DAL as a translator for the non-English members of SkyTeam:

In a departure from the normally cordial, surprise-free nature of DAL board meetings, J.W. Robertson presented the final plans for announcement of the EOS (Evolution of SkyMiles) to the Board before announcing it to members and flipping the switch to activate the new loyalty program (May 1st).

Everything seemed to go smoothly, Bastian and Hankeinstein chimed in with approval and a little patting themselves on the back during the presentation.

At the end, Anderson thanked Robertson and the entire team for the months of effort that have gone into the program. Particularily Rev. Mgmt, Loyalty and IT.

Then he asked about how this has been tested in the Social Networking world. Silence.

Anderson then mentioned that his nephew visited him this past weekend and gave him an 'awakening' to the world of Social Networking, Goggles, and a website with shocking amount of information and feedback about Delta called FlyerTalking.com. Anderson said he learned of a feature of the Million Miler Program that he admitted he didn't know. He mentioned the group of customers who traveled to attend the LGA event. He was impressed with the passion of these people.

Anderson said he was a bit confused by the chatter, but clearly there were some strong opinions and threats to leave DL over EOS. Enough to give him pause.

Robertson replied that he has people who monitor that site as well as others, and while he acknowledged that many there had 'concerns' about the rumors of EOS he pointed out that these people are 'gamers' and mostly purchase LUT fares, hardy typical of Delta's average passenger. He said 26.5% of all customer care complaints come from FlyerTalkers and 31% of all compensation given to people their database cross references as members of that site. He guesses that the SPAM folder his 2nd assistant has is filled with emails coming from the FlyerTalk.com domain.

Anderson wondered aloud if based on the things he read online if EOS could turn into a Public Relations problem?

Hankenstein (Mr. Ham Sandwich) pounded his fist on the table, proclaiming that these people are cheats, gamers, who walk around with their Diamond cards but have only a couple of thousand in spend. "Look at their scores! Look at their spend!!" He said Delta needs to either up-sell these people or move them down in terms of how we reward them for their behavior.

Anderson, agreed that his been the goal of the project, but said that someone was even so against the plan that they registered under the name Staying At Home Is Better. He said freedom of travel is the foundation of Delta's business and if people are so upset that they say staying at home or the office is better Delta is loathe to successfully implement any new programs.

Anderson asked to table the plan while a consultant is hired to help sell this to the social networking community. (Randy Peterson was mentioned as someone to bring in ASAP.)

Bastian asked what to do in the meantime. Anderson replied that plan Z should be implemented in the meantime.

Does anyone know what plan z is????
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Anderson, agreed that his been the goal of the project, but said that someone was even so against the plan that they registered under the name Staying At Home Is Better.
I just burst out laughing when I read that part^^^^^

Priceless!

Anderson then mentioned that his nephew visited him this past weekend and gave him an 'awakening' to the world of Social Networking, Goggles, and a website with shocking amount of information and feedback about Delta called FlyerTalking.com. Anderson said he learned of a feature of the Million Miler Program that he admitted he didn't know. He mentioned the group of customers who traveled to attend the LGA event. He was impressed with the passion of these people.

Anderson said he was a bit confused by the chatter, but clearly there were some strong opinions and threats to leave DL over EOS. Enough to give him pause.
Seems news finally reached the CEO.

Hankenstein (Mr. Ham Sandwich) pounded his fist on the table, proclaiming that these people are cheats, gamers, who walk around with their Diamond cards but have only a couple of thousand in spend. "Look at their scores! Look at their spend!!" He said Delta needs to either up-sell these people or move them down in terms of how we reward them for their behavior.

..... (Anderson) said freedom of travel is the foundation of Delta's business and if people are so upset that they say staying at home or the office is better Delta is loathe to successfully implement any new programs.
Delta still owns the system and they implement the rules and fares. Us maximizing it are still within the rules they set is not cheating! Cheating is when you hack the system and pay $1 for a TPAC / TATL BE seat!

They can also say what they want about us, but they also fail to realize our revenue helps pay their salary.

Does anyone know what plan z is????
Going into hibernation!

PS: How real is this? I doubt it is but anyways.

Last edited by DHalltheway; Apr 22, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.