Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:10 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RealHJ
The one thing I don't get here is, if the SkyMiles program is "being driven out of loyalty" (bolding mine), i.e. will not be as part of the loyalty program anymore, then what will be the new loyalty program - if any? Or just the next-to-useless upgrades and SC access, plus SkyPriority boarding and checked bag tags, and that's it?
The loyalty department is driving the EOS initiative; EOS is being driven by the loyalty department. Poorly worded.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by AUDirt
Here is a link to a similar job post:

http://www.corp-corp.com/JS/JS_view_...18&aid=CPCSHP2

Mods, sorry if this direct link is a violation of forum rules.
Looks okay to me. A link is generally good.
O2K
DL Mod
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by DLroads
I was not following this thread in full because it started marching "to its own drums"
But,

I can tell there are still multiple hirings for this project. Two days ago DL posted at least one (if not more) additional mid/senior level position for the project (a Senior Developer). It is aimed for

"the Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project, which is part of the Evolution of SkyMiles (EOS) Program being driven out of Loyalty. This project changes how the customer redeems miles and improves the customer shopping experience. This project takes a phased iterative approach to achieving the project’s objectives and is divided into multiple releases. The initial implementation is currently scheduled for September of 2012.
design documentation from a Revenue Accounting perspective, to modify and unit test the Revenue Accounting application according to design, to work with the Test Team to ensure they know what was has changed and the type of data they will need to System and Integration Test the changes.

So, I guess we should expect an announcement of the 'enhancements' to the program sometime around 8/31 , presuming the new schedule is met.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by DLroads
I was not following this thread in full because it started marching "to its own drums"
But,

I can tell there are still multiple hirings for this project. Two days ago DL posted at least one (if not more) additional mid/senior level position for the project (a Senior Developer). It is aimed for

"the Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project, which is part of the Evolution of SkyMiles (EOS) Program being driven out of Loyalty. This project changes how the customer redeems miles and improves the customer shopping experience. This project takes a phased iterative approach to achieving the project’s objectives and is divided into multiple releases. The initial implementation is currently scheduled for September of 2012. Candidate must have excellent C++, Java and Unix skills. Clear and concise English communication skills are an absolute must."

It requires

"
Responsibilities:
Candidate must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), along with the ability to understand work assignments and provide a clear and concise status. Candidate should be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, learn quickly, work multiple projects/efforts simultaneously, and be a great team player. Airline, travel industry, and revenue accounting experience is highly desired. The candidate will be expected to attend project meetings and working sessions, to understand requirements documentation that has been built by the analyst, to develop design documentation from a Revenue Accounting perspective, to modify and unit test the Revenue Accounting application according to design, to work with the Test Team to ensure they know what was has changed and the type of data they will need to System and Integration Test the changes.

5+ years experience
Responsible for participating and leading the development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of applications.
Essential Responsibilities*:
Understand business requirements in order to provide the technical design of computer software.
Possess programming expertise in standard programming languages in order to develop and maintain computer software.
Develop appropriate software and documentation according to standards.
Support and troubleshoot computer systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow up on all problems.
Follow Delta's standards and methodologies in the development and implementation of computer software.
*May perform other duties as assigned."

And it does include a direct reference to delta's specific processes and schedules. It also highlights a new revised initial date (Sep. 2012).

There are more of those around... just search for them--clearly Jeff thinks it is a good idea. I am not even sure if he is right or wrong. I am certain he is not honest in the communication to clients, though.
You know I might buy that this "job listing" is authentic if it were not for all the typos, and spelling and grammatical errors. Especially when the "Candidate must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)"

Why would they list so many details about the project on a public site when their silence would indicate they want (or need to for legal reasons) keep their plans secret?

These job listings could be posted by anyone... why do you think DL posted them? This ENTIRE rumor could be a complete fabrication by individuals with a very dark sense of humor.

Maybe DL is kicking these ideas around and would like to change some things with the SM program... but all the inside info from "golfing buddies'" and job postings ads aren't worth a cup of spit.

That being said, for now I have stopped using my DL AMEX in favor of my UA branded CC. And for my summer trip to Europe, I used most of my DL miles and saved my UA miles for later... you know... just in case!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by runninaway
I have shelved mine as well, but it's more hedging my bets than a message to anybody. I suspect that even if every FTer swore off their DL Amex, it would be an indiscernible blip on their radar.
I'm still using my DL Amex. I want to reach DM again this year and will need some Amex MQMs to do so, since I'm heavily focusing on RDM burn rather than additional spend. I figure this will be my last year as a DM under the new program, so I'd like to get it through 2/2014.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:09 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I am tempted to send an application, although the 5+ years of experience may kill it.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
You know I might buy that this "job listing" is authentic if it were not for all the typos, and spelling and grammatical errors. Especially when the "Candidate must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)"

Why would they list so many details about the project on a public site when their silence would indicate they want (or need to for legal reasons) keep their plans secret?
!
Exactly. Also, why would they list jobs on obscure job boards and not have them listed on their website? The format and grammar on their website is much different than the rumor jobs posted here as well.

I smell BS.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Deadtail
Exactly. Also, why would they list jobs on obscure job boards and not have them listed on their website? The format and grammar on their website is much different than the rumor jobs posted here as well.

I smell BS.
The language DOES seem to match the jobs they have posted on Delta's career site, but I looked last night and there are no current jobs that match this description/title.

I'm starting to think that the job postings are fabricated. Even if some headhunter or recruiter posted the 3rd party job listings, I would expect to find a corresponding requisition on Delta's site, even if the listing was less detailed.

I was interested in Delta (actually interviewed for an RM internship during my MBA) and have never heard of them having job openings that weren't listed on their own site.

I'm not convinced that the whole rumor is a hoax, and there have been plenty of reports of people participating in focus groups and other such confirmations of changes afoot. But I think these job postings are BS.

Come on, they aren't even on the major 3rd party sites where Delta would be listing jobs first outside of their own career site!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dcline414

Come on, they aren't even on the major 3rd party sites where Delta would be listing jobs first outside of their own career site!
Unless they contracted an external party to carry the project, and in that case, the third party would not release Delta's name on it's job opening.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:13 am
Suspended

The rumor mongers will stop at nothing. What's missing in life to make someone go so far?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Deadtail
The rumor mongers will stop at nothing. What's missing in life to make someone go so far?
A significant other?
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta, SPG
Until Delta is ready to announce their proposed changes, everything is speculation.

That said, I do feel bad for the folks who believe this is a rumor/hoax without substance.

It's coming, sooner or later.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
So, I guess we should expect an announcement of the 'enhancements' to the program sometime around 8/31 , presuming the new schedule is met.
Assuming they announce it. Sometimes Delta just leaves it to FT to figure out that something's changed, and what.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLGrkItalNY
Until Delta is ready to announce their proposed changes, everything is speculation.

That said, I do feel bad for the folks who believe this is a rumor/hoax without substance.

It's coming, sooner or later.
No one is disputing that program changes are coming. It's been three plus years since the last significant change, (adding DM). Using this experience they would be derelict if they didn't look for ways to increase revenue further with their loyalty program.

The problem the rumor mongers have is they aren't offering anything specific, not even in the ball park as specific, but still claim to have inside sources. Where were these sources during all the past changes? I couldn't be further from Atlanta and I can tell you that sooner or later some unspecific changes are coming. Am I an insider now? Feel free to quote me.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by bajrbajr

These job listings could be posted by anyone... why do you think DL posted them? This ENTIRE rumor could be a complete fabrication by individuals with a very dark sense of humor.

I agree, this job posting sounds fishy. Why include "Skymiles" if you are not including the company name. Also I can't see a job posting mentioning the project in this way. It would have something generic about "implementing a new customer loyalty program." The date also doesn't ring true. Both in that it really has nothing to do with the job description and why hire a developer now when the project "rolls out" in less than six months.

I think somebody is trying to manufacture some "evidence" with this "job posting."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.