Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by bajrbajr
How does this email make you "want to leave delta?"
I agree it is a poor value for 100k miles, but if I felt like leaving Delta every time I saw "bad value" in one of their offers, I would have been gone a long time ago!
I think they are conditioning folks to how Skymiles will be used in the future so folks don't even think about how bad a deal that is. Even most moderate level awards beat 1 cpm redemption, or am I missing something?

And why would one stay with delta if you have other good options if they go to this?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott PL Elite, National Car Executive Elite, Hilton Silver, enrolled in all others
Rumors

There's a rumor going around that Delta is going to start a rumor about changing something and some FTers are going to corroborate the rumor quoting offical sources and the rumor is going to generate huge responses and everyone will get miffed but after a while apathy will set in and nothing will have changed but everyone will still complain.

Of course, I can't verify any of this...
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL,AA SPG Plat
Just switched my DL reserve card to another Amex and picked up a Gold MR Amex. I told the rep I don't want to keep earning DL miles because I am not sure where the program will go. I have expectation of my departure being noticed but maybe if more people speak up DL will at least hear us. But I have a feeling DL will do what it wants to do regardless of how we feel. The truth is a lot of is are hub captives and have little choice.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by DavidAL
Been reading this thread on and off, and just curious if I'm the only one that has put the DL Reserve/Plat on the shelf for the time being? I'm already reached the $30K spend MQM bonus, but not yet the $60K, so I've swapped to the SPG card until something, or nothing, comes out. I can wait until Nov or so to resume using the DL cards to get MQM bonuses by 12/31. I haven't changed my scheduled flights, but a huge chunk of Am Ex spending has changed.
Nope - my DL Amex is out of action too.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Same here, for both business and personal.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
Just wanted to add a comment that I got yet another e-mail talking about using 100,000 miles to get a $1000 discount for Australian travel.

The good news is that you can use Mileage Booster to increase the miles you earn on future flights. You can purchase an extra 1000 miles for only $29.

That way, you can buy the entire 100,000 miles you will need to get that $1000 discount for only $2900.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL BA Amex
DL Amex cards are out of my wallet until the smoke clears...
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Originally Posted by DavidAL
curious if I'm the only one that has put the DL Reserve/Plat on the shelf for the time being?
Still using the AMEX Reserve for personal and business. I have reached the first 30K spend/15KMQM level and plan on using the card until I reach the 60K spend level. I use the AMEX Reserve to push into a higher status level. I do not have any information on what changes are planned for the future, but the chances are that once a Medallion level is reached it would be good through 2013.

Of course this could be wrong, and then the “I told you so”s can start. In any case, I would only make changes in my flying habits once the program HAS changed and the changes don’t work for me any longer.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Originally Posted by number21
Still using the AMEX Reserve for personal and business. I have reached the first 30K spend/15KMQM level and plan on using the card until I reach the 60K spend level. I use the AMEX Reserve to push into a higher status level. I do not have any information on what changes are planned for the future, but the chances are that once a Medallion level is reached it would be good through 2013.

Of course this could be wrong, and then the “I told you so”s can start. In any case, I would only make changes in my flying habits once the program HAS changed and the changes don’t work for me any longer.
I agree, but if there's no need to earn those additional MQM's (assuming you currently have status) before 12/31, then why earn them now when the program could change? I could cross the $60K mark in spending next month, but there's no reason to earn the 15K MQM's in May vs in December. So I'm being safe vs sorry and going to wait to earn the additional MQM's if the program doesn't change before November.

So if that many people on here are doing the same as I, I wonder if we're even a blimp on the radar of DL Am Ex spending, and if Am Ex can tell we've cut back on DL cards. Not likely, but I'm assuming there's no Am Ex lurkers out there reading?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:11 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by bfxfd
Just switched my DL reserve card to another Amex and picked up a Gold MR Amex. I told the rep I don't want to keep earning DL miles because I am not sure where the program will go. I have expectation of my departure being noticed but maybe if more people speak up DL will at least hear us. But I have a feeling DL will do what it wants to do regardless of how we feel. The truth is a lot of is are hub captives and have little choice.
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Originally Posted by RealHJ
Same here, for both business and personal.
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
DL Amex cards are out of my wallet until the smoke clears...
Possibility of starting a thread about this? or are there only 4 people who took amex out of the spending equation
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
The project keeps going...

I was not following this thread in full because it started marching "to its own drums"
But,

I can tell there are still multiple hirings for this project. Two days ago DL posted at least one (if not more) additional mid/senior level position for the project (a Senior Developer). It is aimed for

"the Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project, which is part of the Evolution of SkyMiles (EOS) Program being driven out of Loyalty. This project changes how the customer redeems miles and improves the customer shopping experience. This project takes a phased iterative approach to achieving the project’s objectives and is divided into multiple releases. The initial implementation is currently scheduled for September of 2012. Candidate must have excellent C++, Java and Unix skills. Clear and concise English communication skills are an absolute must."

It requires

"
Responsibilities:
Candidate must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), along with the ability to understand work assignments and provide a clear and concise status. Candidate should be a self-starter, have the ability to work independently, learn quickly, work multiple projects/efforts simultaneously, and be a great team player. Airline, travel industry, and revenue accounting experience is highly desired. The candidate will be expected to attend project meetings and working sessions, to understand requirements documentation that has been built by the analyst, to develop design documentation from a Revenue Accounting perspective, to modify and unit test the Revenue Accounting application according to design, to work with the Test Team to ensure they know what was has changed and the type of data they will need to System and Integration Test the changes.

5+ years experience
Responsible for participating and leading the development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of applications.
Essential Responsibilities*:
Understand business requirements in order to provide the technical design of computer software.
Possess programming expertise in standard programming languages in order to develop and maintain computer software.
Develop appropriate software and documentation according to standards.
Support and troubleshoot computer systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow up on all problems.
Follow Delta's standards and methodologies in the development and implementation of computer software.
*May perform other duties as assigned."

And it does include a direct reference to delta's specific processes and schedules. It also highlights a new revised initial date (Sep. 2012).

There are more of those around... just search for them--clearly Jeff thinks it is a good idea. I am not even sure if he is right or wrong. I am certain he is not honest in the communication to clients, though.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
Possibility of starting a thread about this? or are there only 4 people who took amex out of the spending equation
I have shelved mine as well, but it's more hedging my bets than a message to anybody. I suspect that even if every FTer swore off their DL Amex, it would be an indiscernible blip on their radar.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Here is a link to a similar job post:

http://www.corp-corp.com/JS/JS_view_...18&aid=CPCSHP2

Mods, sorry if this direct link is a violation of forum rules.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by DLroads
"the Fare Based Award Ticket Redemption (FBATR) project, which is part of the Evolution of SkyMiles (EOS) Program being driven out of Loyalty."
The one thing I don't get here is, if the SkyMiles program is "being driven out of loyalty" (bolding mine), i.e. will not be as part of the loyalty program anymore, then what will be the new loyalty program - if any? Or just the next-to-useless upgrades and SC access, plus SkyPriority boarding and checked bag tags, and that's it?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by number21

It HAS somewhat changed. Now it is impossible to book 2 BE award to Asia on the same flight, except LAX/DTW-HND, which is useless as there's no connection beyond HND. This is important to me and I've already canceled my DL reserve card. Things will only get worse in terms of the value of skymiles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.