Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I can't speak to this recent job posting but it does sound consistent with the job postings where links were posted earlier in this thread (post #70, for example) was found on maxhire.com which is a legitimate job search site. It has since been taken down, however a Google search of DL and FBATR finds several job agencies where the Google description has a snippet of job descriptions for this new rollout. Many of the specific job descriptions have been removed when you look further.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by jsmith50
I can't speak to this recent job posting but it does sound consistent with the job postings where links were posted earlier in this thread (post #70, for example) was found on maxhire.com which is a legitimate job search site.
Except maxhire.com isn't actually a job search site...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Except maxhire.com isn't actually a job search site...
Actually, they do host a job/career search engine (see: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/searchjobs...r_no_results=1) which is where the job posting listed in post #70 was originally located.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Actually, they do host a job/career search engine (see: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/searchjobs...r_no_results=1) which is where the job posting listed in post #70 was originally located.
Actually, they contract their services and software to recruitment companies. Accordingly, the credibility of the posting is really dependent upon the company placing the ad, not the company producing the software or hosting the web service. Tell you what. Go to maxhire.com (or maxhire.net) and point me to where I search for jobs.

In the case of the ad in question, the issue is how credible JDC Group is, not the company providing the software.

Out of curiosity, do you habitually try to pass off readily verifiable statements as fact without checking, or do you restrict that to discussions of "legitimate job search sites"? A little tip... it doesn't help your credibility.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by pbarnette
Out of curiosity, do you habitually try to pass off readily verifiable statements as fact without checking, or do you restrict that to discussions of "legitimate job search sites"? A little tip... it doesn't help your credibility.
You are correct that maxhire.net or maxhire.com provides recruitment software. They also search engine host, which is why the link I posted is attached to their domain name. But in fact, I didn't post that link at all, I copied it from post #70. As far as "legitimate job search sites." Maxhire.com shows up on a list of 1,171 employment search engines that we as a firm provide to clients every day which is why I called it a legitimate resource. I even have the directions for how employers enable their software and post jobs to their search engine housed on their domain if the site alone is not quite legitimate enough for you. When it comes to job recruitment, that's something my firm does every day, so yes, I think I know what I'm talking about have some expertise here, as I've been doing it for about 25 years! So calling someone out on what they do every day, is not good for your credibility!

You are also correct that for any job listing website, the listing is only as good as the company posting it. I don't see any other DL listings on that website which is why I suggested you do a Google search of Delta and FBATR where you will find several other job sites with, at least a history and description that Google has snipped, that refers to the job descriptions this thread has referred to or variations on that theme. Maybe those sites will be a bit more legitimate for you.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:44 pm
Suspended

You are correct that maxhire.net or maxhire.com provides recruitment software. They also search engine host, which is why the link I posted is attached to their domain name. But in fact, I didn't post that link at all, I copied it from post #70. As far as "legitimate job search sites." Maxhire.com shows up on a list of 1,171 employment search engines that we as a firm provide to clients every day which is why I called it a legitimate resource. I even have the directions for how employers enable their software and post jobs to their search engine housed on their domain if the site alone is not quite legitimate enough for you. When it comes to job recruitment, that's something my firm does every day, so yes, I think I know what I'm talking about have some expertise here, as I've been doing it for about 25 years! So calling someone out on what they do every day, is not good for your credibility!
1,171 websites? It is hard to imagine what kind of screening you are doing if that is the kind of whittling you do for your "clients". Might as well tell them to use google. But again, since it is such a great "employment search engine", where does one go to search the site?

And FWIW, I know I am correct. And, to be clear, I'm not claiming that you intentionally misrepresented anything, but rather that you misunderstood the nature of maxhire.com and erroneously ascribed credibility to the posting based upon that misunderstanding. Look, I'm sure you were just planning on slipping something in there without actually checking - hoping nobody would call you on it - but somebody did. Sorry.

Quit digging the hole. You may have 25 years experience, but that doesn't mean you aren't wrong.

You are also correct that for any job listing website, the listing is only as good as the company posting it. I don't see any other DL listings on that website which is why I suggested you do a Google search of Delta and FBATR where you will find several other job sites with, at least a history and description that Google has snipped, that refers to the job descriptions this thread has referred to or variations on that theme. Maybe those sites will be a bit more legitimate for you.
I did a search. Pretty much all hits are on random, no-name job boards that picked up the same posting. Again, the credibility lies with JDC Group. Now, I don't think they fabricated anything, but they do seem like a pretty amateurish outfit, so who knows what was lost in translation.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
If that were truly representative of the flying population,

They would have 13 flyers with no status 1 RT flight a year and 2 with status, which apparently they did as was indicated earlier in the thread.
You don't usually set up focus groups to be representative of an entire population but rather some subset with one or more common traits. When you drill down far enough, one or more groups of 15 could be reasonably representative of people with those traits.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
yawn -
Old Apr 20, 2012, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
yawn -
+1, I only come back here daily to see if SMI has posted...
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Deadtail
The rumor mongers will stop at nothing. What's missing in life to make someone go so far?
Do comic books still only come out once a month?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by mnredfox
+2...Ain't it the truth
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Now that is the funniest thing I've read here in a long time
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
+2. I'm surprised this hasn't been locked up yet. Put it out to pasture.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by RealHJ
The one thing I don't get here is, if the SkyMiles program is "being driven out of loyalty" (bolding mine), i.e. will not be as part of the loyalty program anymore, then what will be the new loyalty program - if any? Or just the next-to-useless upgrades and SC access, plus SkyPriority boarding and checked bag tags, and that's it?
This reminds me of disturbing TV ads for a local car Dealer (Bob's of Milford)- the catch phrase of which are people repeatedly explaining that

"He just wants to get you a loan"

or is that

"He just wants to get you alone"
Old Apr 21, 2012, 1:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Were some posts here deleted? At 15 posts per page, I am on page 138 and when I click to go to page 139, it bounces right back to page 139, despite the top and bottom of the the page saying that I am on "Page 138 of 139."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.