Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skymiles Change Rumor?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by dean1121
Because I live in ATL.

I don't mind going TATL or South America on AA but I still do most domestic on DL. A DM spending $50k Vs $5k should be two different things in my book.
Aside from MRs/fuel dumps I'm not sure there are that many people paying 4cpm on average for their flights.
(Even my own flying-personal flying averages about 1.7cpm, business travel averages close to 10)
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by OHDL1
So..you actually SDC'd on an International flight...just curious as to the specifics.
Possible impact of SDC on a US bound international flight. It wasn't an SDC internationally, but similar -- I took a VDB bump from NRT-DTW and on to DCA to NRT-SFO and on to DCA via MSP. It seems to have screwed up my Global Entry record -- when I arrived at SFO the machine told me I wasn't on the flight and I had to see an immigration officer -- not a big deal, still bypassed the line.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:33 am

Programs: DL GM
In 3 months this thread will celebrate its one year aniversiary. On that date can FT please delete it!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by sectflyer
In 3 months this thread will celebrate its one year aniversiary. On that date can FT please delete it!
No way it is very entertaining. Or it was. Plus we need it to see whose predictions were accurate and whose weren't.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by HongKonger
No way it is very entertaining. Or it was. Plus we need it to see whose predictions were accurate and whose weren't.
i do love the paranoid delusions. maybe keep it going for a while longer! But seriously the only thing this thread has done is to cause agita for alot of us. I don't believe that any changes that may or may not come will be huge or a game change. A very quick view of a few of my reasons are that DL would be alone amongst the legacies to do this, leaving a big defection on there table. Dl has alot of relationships with partners such as AS that would be affected. Example, Would a skymiles member traveling on alaska get full MQM but a AS MVP member flying on DL metal get a fraction which is not in line with the AS program. DL's relationship with amex is based on miles, that would be quite complex to change......I could go on with lots more. The system is not anywhere near broken enough to make it worth "fixing". The negative and huge consequences outweigh any positive for DL to make the changes that some have proposed here!
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
i do love the paranoid delusions. maybe keep it going for a while longer! But seriously the only thing this thread has done is to cause agita for alot of us. I don't believe that any changes that may or may not come will be huge or a game change. A very quick view of a few of my reasons are that DL would be alone amongst the legacies to do this, leaving a big defection on there table. Dl has alot of relationships with partners such as AS that would be affected. Example, Would a skymiles member traveling on alaska get full MQM but a AS MVP member flying on DL metal get a fraction which is not in line with the AS program. DL's relationship with amex is based on miles, that would be quite complex to change......I could go on with lots more. The system is not anywhere near broken enough to make it worth "fixing". The negative and huge consequences outweigh any positive for DL to make the changes that some have proposed here!
AGREE 1000%!! MQM accumulation will stay right where it's at. period.

Also, why does DL care how many DM's, PM's, etc they have? So more DM's mean less comp upgrades for PM's. I don't think delta is all that concerned about that (FCM clearly shows DL's priorities!). The only real issue is having too many DM/PM's can dilute the value of the product but I still think it's profitable for Delta. So they need to staff a few more agents to work the PM/DM phone line. That's easily justifiable to their bottom line considering those DM's/PM's spend thousands of dollars with DL/AMEX to get where they are.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
In the "good old days" before everything was so connected you had to show your shiny card to prove your status. Now days there is no reason DL can't keep track of DM, DM+, DM++ etc internally and single ones out for special treatment (ride in a Porsche, order of OpUps, etc).
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Hear Hear.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Well said.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I don't think DL will be alone in doing this. My guess (and this is a pure guess, so by all means feel free to point out the lack of any credible or uncredible sources, and call me paranoid and delusional) is that at least one if not two other legacy carriers will take major steps towards a revenue-based program around the same time, and that will be announced in 2013.

Last edited by javabytes; Dec 28, 2012 at 10:20 am
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
But seriously the only thing this thread has done is to cause agita for alot of us.
?!?

The only thing!!!!?????!!!!

It's provided entertainment to many of us who are able to read the predictions - both reasonable and far-fetched - without being emotionally or intellectually invested. Taking this thread down would be like buying the Mona Lisa from Da Vinci before the smile was painted, or walking out of your first watching of No Way Out before the last five minutes, or eating bread dough before it goes in the oven.

As entertaining as this thread was before, it will be a gift that keeps giving when some of the predictions don't originally come true but are then implemented later down the line.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:06 am

Programs: DL BA Amex
Originally Posted by CJKatl
?!?

The only thing!!!!?????!!!!

or walking out of your first watching of No Way Out before the last five minutes,
LOL! Now there's a movie I haven't heard of in a long time! But I like the reference. ;-)
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by bajrbajr
LOL! Now there's a movie I haven't heard of in a long time! But I like the reference. ;-)
Are we talking about the original or the KC remake?

Mike
Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
I don't believe that any changes that may or may not come will be huge or a game change. A very quick view of a few of my reasons are that DL would be alone amongst the legacies to do this, leaving a big defection on there table.
United in disarray. US not an alternative many loyal Deltoids would consider, and AA in bankruptcy, has the timing ever been better for change?

Dl has alot of relationships with partners such as AS that would be affected.Example, Would a skymiles member traveling on alaska get full MQM but a AS MVP member flying on DL metal get a fraction which is not in line with the AS program.
While AS has many loyal flyers and a fine product in the grand scheme it is small potatoes.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
So a new thread can be started again? Why not just keep this thread?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.