Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MAMOHT
Yes, I got the beeps. I was also getting them before the precheck was even available at FLL.
Flew to YYZ yesterday. No pre-check.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:18 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I think the whole idea of not allowing Pre-Check on international is silly. Anyone wishing to circumvent the rule can do it easily.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: NZ*G, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hertz 5*, GE/NEXUS
This works for more than just Canada. Last month, I flew UA SEA-LAX connecting to LH LAX-FRA (UA code / 016 stock on both), and got the three beeps in SEA. Circuitous routing, I know, but I wanted to try out LH's new business flat bed on the 747-8 ... and it was only $7 more for ~2500 more PQMs.

Interestingly, when I scanned the barcode on my LAX-FRA BP with my smartphone reader app, it too was coded with the magic "3" -- and yes, the scanner beeped three times when I re-cleared at LAX TBIT (no Pre-Check lane there, though). Gotta love TSA logic...
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Is it me or did DL remove the ability to change your name on your profile and pre-check? Having issues with my middle initial with precheck, can't change anymore.

Anyone else?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: HiltonHHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum, Delta Platinum
I apologize if this was discussed, I only read through the first 3 pages...

I am Platinum with Delta, and am looking for an offer to join TSA Precheck without paying for something like Global Entry... is this option available?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Is it me or did DL remove the ability to change your name on your profile and pre-check? Having issues with my middle initial with precheck, can't change anymore.

Anyone else?
No option to edit my name. I just called and had them update my middle initial to match my full name on my passport.

My wife had to call twice to get her middle initial updated to her full name. First time was told it was fine but I made her call back after reading that it now MUST match.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: DL PM,UA MP(former 1K), Hertz 5*G, National Emerald Club, SPG, Marriott Silver
Just got 3 beeps at JFK T2. Is it possible pre check is in our future now too? Anyone else have this experience recently? I didn't last week when I flew out.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 7:19 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by UpgradeMePlz
Just got 3 beeps at JFK T2. Is it possible pre check is in our future now too? Anyone else have this experience recently? I didn't last week when I flew out.
I've had the three beeps at JFK for awhile. TSA there said that they don't know when they'll have it at T2, but it should be up and running when the new T4 checkpoint opens (which I assume will be in conjunction with Delta's moving into the new gates in May).
Old Feb 6, 2013, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blast00
I apologize if this was discussed, I only read through the first 3 pages...

I am Platinum with Delta, and am looking for an offer to join TSA Precheck without paying for something like Global Entry... is this option available?
If you are a Platinum, you are very likely already opted-in by Delta. No need to purchase Global Entry. Just fill in the Secure Passenger Data section in your delta.com profile and click the checkbox to consent with sharing it with TSA. That is effectively the process to "join" Precheck.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Think I finally figured this out, added my middle initial to my first name in the TSA section, now getting 3 beeps regularly.
mnredfox,

That might be my issue as well...during most of last year, my BPs would print FIRSTNAMEZ, where Z is middle initial. Well, looking at my profile at delta.com, everything is in the correct field. When purchasing, can you edit the information? If so, will try on my next purchase.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nycatl
mnredfox,

That might be my issue as well...during most of last year, my BPs would print FIRSTNAMEZ, where Z is middle initial. Well, looking at my profile at delta.com, everything is in the correct field. When purchasing, can you edit the information? If so, will try on my next purchase.
It appears DL won't let you change your profile name or secure pax name. It must match your gov issued ID.

My issue was that company issued tickets the same way, FIRSTNAMEX where X is the MI. So I changed my profile/secure info to FIRSTNAMEX LASTNAME before DL stopped allowing it.

What I am curious is if the MI field of your profile, secure flight info, or ticket makes a difference? My speculation is that that field is irrelevant. Can anyone confirm?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by owen2001
Good point. If/when you download the app, ensure you have "PDF 417" enabled in the settings. I had to enable that setting also. I should have mentioned that. Thanks for pointing that out.
The app works great. Scanned an old BP and saw the "3". I'll check on upcoming trips. Thanks for the tip!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by UpgradeMePlz
The Pre-Check authorization is not based on which airports do and do not have it setup.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The Pre-Check authorization is not based on which airports do and do not have it setup.
+1

You either qualify or you do not. The issue is at the airport: that is, setting up another security chute and installing the scanner, and paying more workers.

If I recall, this "deal" is made between the airline and the airport.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Originally Posted by sethb
I use Accusoft Barcode scanner. It works fine on paper boarding passes; when viewing on the screen, I usually have to enlarge them for it to work.
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, been traveling like crazy ! But thanks to your recommendation of Accusoft Barcode scanner, I at least know when I should get to use the precheck line. Thanks !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.