Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I would have kept my mouth shut about flying to Canada.
This. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by stylo4444
MCO has a priority line?

There's the TSA-Pre check lane, the CLEAR lane, and then everyone else. There is no Sky Priority lane at MCO, unless something changed in the last week.
Isn't there a frequent traveller lane to the right of Clear? I don't remember since I've been lucky to get Pre-check most of this year.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Did your MCO-LGA BP indicate anything about flying to YYZ? If not, I would have kept my mouth shut about flying to Canada. The three beeps would have let you through..
Yeah, it says INTL - Verify Passport at the top of both boarding passes. I gave him BP + passport, he scanned the BP, got the three beeps, then looked at it and started shaking his head.

MCO has a priority line?

There's the TSA-Pre check lane, the CLEAR lane, and then everyone else. There is no Sky Priority lane at MCO, unless something changed in the last week.
In the Gates 60-99 section, all the way to the left (which is next to the CLEAR lane, I think), is where the priority lane is located. It's an electronic advertisement-looking sign (I seem to remember it being white) that seems to toggle between 2-3 different screens of the different airline elite programs.

I don't fly through MCO normally so I can't speak to it being there before today, but I can verify 100% that it was there this morning because I went through it.

I also think I saw a thread about it somewhere in the forum in the last day or two.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 3:46 am

Does anyone know if it's an issue that Delta has the wrong names on our accounts for travel with respect to Precheck? Delta has my first name split over the first/middle name fields and my companion's middle name as part of the first name field. I made sure our secure flight info reflects our passports and Global Entry info.

I've already sent a letter to Delta asking them to correct our names with copies of our passport information pages but the accounts are still not updated and I wanted to book before the award rates went up.

It's an entirely domestic itinerary so there shouldn't be an issue from that standpoint.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:00 am

No-go in FLL DL terminal this morning. Was told, "pre-check is not working at this time."

TSA BP checkers were not even scanning BP's for anyone.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Lurker1999
Does anyone know if it's an issue that Delta has the wrong names on our accounts for travel with respect to Precheck? Delta has my first name split over the first/middle name fields and my companion's middle name as part of the first name field. I made sure our secure flight info reflects our passports and Global Entry info.

I've already sent a letter to Delta asking them to correct our names with copies of our passport information pages but the accounts are still not updated and I wanted to book before the award rates went up.

It's an entirely domestic itinerary so there shouldn't be an issue from that standpoint.
IME, the Precheck yes/no decision is based on Secure Flight information in your reservation. If Secure Flight matches GE, you should be golden.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:24 pm

MCO has a priority line?

see post #6 in this thread...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...rity-line.html
Old Dec 18, 2012, 1:08 pm

When did the Pre-check setup at DTW change? When I last went through at the end of November there was only the SP lane. Today there was now separate Pre-Check and SP lanes.

I guess it makes it easier for none SP, Pre-Check qualified people, but I haven't heard of issues with that before.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Flight Info After Pre-Check in ATL

Just in case anyone with pull at DL or ATL happens to read this, with apologies if it's already been posted...

Thank you for moving Pre-Check to the middle of the airport. You made a convenience even more convenient. Just one very small suggestions...

Can you please put flight info screens somewhere on the terminal side of security? In the previous Pre-Check area, you would clear security and be able to walk up to the screen bank across from the magazine store on your left. You could easily see your flight's location and either head down the T hallway or towards the escalator. Now, you have to go down the escalator, which means you're having to walk back up if it turns out your flight is in T.

I asked a TSA agent about this and she informed me the train goes to T! I pointed out the first stop is A when you get on the train at the main security area, but she insisted you could still take the train to T! I gave up, thanked her and moved on...

In the alternative, could the gate information please be regularly included in the app information? "See monitors" isn't helpful when you need to ride down the escalator to do that!
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
As a heads up, you can still get to that bank of monitors by bearing to the right after going through PreCheck - dumps you out right next to the magazine shop across from the monitors.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hub Captive Club
Do they still have the initial 'screening' scanner a little bit in the line they've created? I was randomly selected to go through the regular line last week and had to swim upstream through the queue...that was FUN!

They need to put it right at the entrance so you don't have a bunch of people dragging their stuff the wrong way...three of us inline were all denied one after the other; it caused (a very small amount of) chaos.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by spin2nd
Do they still have the initial 'screening' scanner a little bit in the line they've created? I was randomly selected to go through the regular line last week and had to swim upstream through the queue...that was FUN!

They need to put it right at the entrance so you don't have a bunch of people dragging their stuff the wrong way...three of us inline were all denied one after the other; it caused (a very small amount of) chaos.
I had to talk the walk of shame out of the queue last week due to the randomness of the system. My wife breezed right through. This current location is good but the design of the arrangement is not very good. Oh, the ATL...
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
As a heads up, you can still get to that bank of monitors by bearing to the right after going through PreCheck - dumps you out right next to the magazine shop across from the monitors.
Why didn't I think of that??? D'oh!

Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by cottonpatch
I had to talk the walk of shame out of the queue last week due to the randomness of the system. My wife breezed right through. This current location is good but the design of the arrangement is not very good. Oh, the ATL...
There should be an accommodation for the times Pre-Check doesn't apply. Usually I leave enough time in case, but if someone is expecting to quickly get through and winds up getting stuck in a long line, there could be an issue.

I do appreciate that there are now three TSA ID checkers at the Pre-Check line. That should help speed things up. Now if everyone who qualifies for Pre-Check would stop taking off shoes, sport jackets and small belts and show up ready to walk through the detector (phones and change out of pockets, belts off when needed and only one computer per bag) life would be great.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by CJKatl

I do appreciate that there are now three TSA ID checkers at the Pre-Check line. That should help speed things up. Now if everyone who qualifies for Pre-Check would stop taking off shoes, sport jackets and small belts and show up ready to walk through the detector (phones and change out of pockets, belts off when needed and only one computer per bag) life would be great.
Agree - drives me nuts. One lady in front of me last week was still taking her laptop out, shoes off, Kippie bag out, the whole nine yards. I just walked in front of her, dropped my briefcase on the belt and away I went - so much easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.