Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Hilton Dia, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Cir, National Exec Elite
Exclamation Check your profile

I am writing to share something that I noticed after the new Delta site came out -- I have had to enter my GOES # into my profile twice because it was no longer stored in my Secure Passenger Data. Anyone not clearing might want to check that...[/QUOTE]

I just checked my profile and the known traveler number is no longer there. Everyone should check their profile and re-add the KTN. That way it will automatically populate when you buy a new ticket.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 8:17 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by frambusch
I am writing to share something that I noticed after the new Delta site came out -- I have had to enter my GOES # into my profile twice because it was no longer stored in my Secure Passenger Data. Anyone not clearing might want to check that...
I just checked my profile and the known traveler number is no longer there. Everyone should check their profile and re-add the KTN. That way it will automatically populate when you buy a new ticket.[/QUOTE]

Also make sure you have the GOES number and only the GOES number entered. On my Global Entry card there are some letters immediately to the right of the GOES number. I first incorrectly entered them. It was only after the Alaska Air and AA sites said what I was entering wasn't a valid Global Entry number, and I went back and checked / fixed the Delta site did I start clearing automatically.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
No Pre-Check at SFO (T-1)--Bummer

We had heard that Pre-Check was finally coming to SFO in November. Well it did, but not for those of us who fly Delta. UAL, AMR, AS, etc pax--those in T2 and T3--are the lucky ones.

We heard somewhere that this was a Delta decision, but is that right? And, if so, why? It would seem to be a TSA decision, but I'm just not clear on this.

Either way, I think those of us who fly DAL out of SFO should bombard both DAL and the TSA with complaints about this.

If anyone else has any more info on this, I would like to hear it.

Last edited by atl runner; Nov 24, 2012 at 10:52 am
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
I agree! I was there this AM
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by Singleflyer
I agree! I was there this AM
Are you on flight 1580 to ATL?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM
no pre check at SFO or PHL for Delta

Two of the airports other than ATL that I use the most do not have Delta Pre Check. Both PHL and SFO have Pre Check for other airlines but not Delta. Does anyone know if this is a TSA decision or a Delta decision? Or should we try to influence both?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I heard this too, but SFO was also rumored to be an early DL precheck location, clearly not true.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In some airports like SEA there's no PreCheck with SkyPriority or near DL but you can use PreCheck in another area of the airport. I suspect this might be true at PHL as most of the airport is connected airside but since this isn't the case at SFO, when there's no PreCheck station when you go through security for DL, you're out of luck. To make it worse, TSA merges SkyPriority with the regular line. The last time at SFO, this caused me a long delay when I was sent into one of the regular lanes despite all other SkyPriority people I saw being directed into the left security lane.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 7:25 am
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
No Pre-Check at SFO (T-1)--Bummer

What's even better at SFO is that TSA will often ignore those who are in the priority lane in favor of calling multiple people from the regular lane. This happens so oftenI have come to expect it. SFO is one of my least favorite security checkpoints and unfortunately one of my most frequently used.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
OT, but I couldn't use my Nexus card as an ID last month in SFO. The agent checked with his supervisor and was told that they 'hadn't received the memo'.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: DL 2MM/DM
In some airports like SEA there's no PreCheck with SkyPriority or near DL but you can use PreCheck in another area of the airport. I suspect this might be true at PHL as most of the airport is connected airside

Unfortunately, the two times I have tried so far to use the PreCheck with a Delta ticket through the PreCheck at US air, it did not work
Bummer.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:49 am

I have to be doing some wrong. I have my GE 9 digit number entered in both my Delta profile and AA, but never got the right number of beeps for the pre-line :-(

This morning at MSP almost everyone before and after me was admitted. It doesn't feel random any more. The only two that were denied were right behind and one of them said to the other what was going on and the other gave a confused look. But I do know what's going on and aint confused. I know I belong that 'good' side but some dark force is keep me getting there.

It looks bad too as if I am an idiot that was taking advantage of the fast moving line.

What did I do, or, what did I not do?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by lancexfang
I have to be doing some wrong. I have my GE 9 digit number entered in both my Delta profile and AA, but never got the right number of beeps for the pre-line :-(

This morning at MSP almost everyone before and after me was admitted. It doesn't feel random any more. The only two that were denied were right behind and one of them said to the other what was going on and the other gave a confused look. But I do know what's going on and aint confused. I know I belong that 'good' side but some dark force is keep me getting there.

It looks bad too as if I am an idiot that was taking advantage of the fast moving line.

What did I do, or, what did I not do?
Standard advice - look up your name in GOES and make sure your name in GOES exactly matches what you've specified in your TSA Secure Flight information.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, Amex:DL Reserve, National Emerald Executive, Everything for every hotel chain EVER.
I frequently leave SFO on friday afternoons. Usually there is no agent at the Sky Priority lane for security and I have to let myself in. From what I've noticed the last 8 weeks, they will pull 2 customers from the Sky Priority lane then 1 from the regular then repeat.

Dave
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I too really wish there were a Pre-Check lane there. I can't imagine why Delta would object, but I can imagine why SFO might: Clear, which presumably pays for their space. Perhaps if they go bankrupt again, their lane will be replaced with a Pre-Check lane. (It's not really, uh, clear, that there's space for both at peak times.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.