Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
Correct; no more "0" or "3". Not sure if they simply removed it from the bar code. This supports my theory that your "approval" is not stored in the bar code, but is actually looked up, in real-time, when your BP is scanned.
Wrong, wrong and wrong. Yup, there's the 3 on my decoded BP for tomorrow's flight. (Thanks for the correct info, SuperG1955)

Originally Posted by DelrayChris
<snip>...

I have a difficult time believing that the TSA would rely on only a coded bar code.

Anyone could re-generate the bar code on their boarding pass to get the three beeps.
And I have a difficult time believing that a rational individual, capable of the tiniest amount of critical thought, who has observed the last 10 years of TSA idiocy, a long, varied list of institutionalized buffoonery, would think TSA would be capable of designing a system that performed as TSA intended.

Current result is travellers can predetermine whether they will get 3 beeps, barring scanner malfunction. AFAIK travellers have not yet been able to regenerate codes to inject a 3 beep result.

Whether it's the one beep or three beep variety, for a number of highly visible and obvious reasons, airport security, as currently acted out in the US, has little bearing on the actual security outcome.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by jackal:19918955
Originally Posted by bennos
Just got 3 beeps at JFK T3. Hopefully this means pre-check is coming soon (presumably to T2 or T4)?
AA has PreCheck at T8.

Note that if:

a) You are flying on an airline that participates in PreCheck, and
b) You have opted in to PreCheck, and
c) the airport has a PreCheck checkpoint (shown on the TSA's map or PDF) anywhere in the airport, and
d) TSA doesn't randomly decide to deny you,

then (assuming you qualify for and have opted in to PreCheck) you will receive a PreCheck-enabled BP.
To clarify my original remarks, I've flown out of JFK T3 many times since precheck was introduced and have cleared precheck on other itineraries (including those involving JFK departures on other segments) and have never gotten 3 beeps at JFK before today. This could definitely be a fluke, but I was posting to see if it was a change of state indicative of an expansion of the program, perhaps for when the T4 expansion is ready.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 14940674
Weren't you flying DL those times? It should not be possible to transfer PreCheck acquired through DL status to US tickets.
Maybe it shouldn't be possible but here are a couple data points...

* Got three beeps flying on AS where I never recorded by t/t number.

* Got three beeps flying on UA even though my t/t number was entered into my profile less than 24 hrs before the flt.

Perhaps TSA is now storing this info based on passenger, not airline.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Sez_Who
Got three beeps flying on UA even though my t/t number was entered into my profile less than 24 hrs before the flt.
There is no requirement to have the TT number entered by a certain time. Many have reported (me included) booking flights just a few hours before departure and then immediately checking in and still receiving a PreCheck-enabled BP.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, UA-PE, AA
I have included my Global Entry # on DL. But my boarding card never shows Pre-Check. Is there anything else I need to do?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by DP-340
I have included my Global Entry # on DL. But my boarding card never shows Pre-Check. Is there anything else I need to do?
Nope! Just report to the checkpoint to see if you'll get Pre-Check.

You could also scan the barcode on your BP ahead of time to see if you will get access.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I had my first Pre-Check failure yesterday, i.e. denied. It was odd in that my wife has the same status as me, and we were traveling on the same itinerary, and she got through Pre-Check, with me stuck in the regular line that was about 30 min long.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
What matters is exactly what is saved in the TSA Secure Flight information for your reservation. Does your TSA Secure Flight information in your reservation exactly match what you see when you logon to GOES and view your Global Entry profile? First/Middle/Last, birthdate, etc? Does it exactly match - particularly middle name?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta PL, Starwood PL
I have GEP card, and I go straight to TSA Pre line @ DCA all the time (with my card), no one says anything...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:13 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I had my first Pre-Check failure yesterday, i.e. denied. It was odd in that my wife has the same status as me, and we were traveling on the same itinerary, and she got through Pre-Check, with me stuck in the regular line that was about 30 min long.
Same happened to us a couple of weeks ago. Not only were we on the same itinerary, we were on the same un split PNR as well.

It is truly random.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by g50
Same happened to us a couple of weeks ago. Not only were we on the same itinerary, we were on the same un split PNR as well.

It is truly random.
Since that fail, has Pre-Check worked again for you? I'm concerned that given all of Delta's IT snafus, could this be just a random TSA fail (which can happen), or is there something wrong with Delta's system? I spoke to both Delta and the TSA...learned a lot about how this works.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by NY-FLA
And I have a difficult time believing that a rational individual, capable of the tiniest amount of critical thought...
Sounds like someone has the case of the Monday's.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Today no 3 beeps. Decoded barcode and no 3.
Today at MSP. Barcode showed a 3 for me and wife. 3 beeps - success. First time. Now 1 for 2
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
A similar thing happened to me in LAS on 12/25. My wife is a PM and was okayed for pre check. I was right behind her and was denied (not my first time denied). The fact that it's random makes it pretty useless to me since I have to prepare myself to go through the regular line anyway (everything out of pockets, laptop and liquids out, shoes and belt off, etc.). Since I have to do that anyway, pre check doesn't help much IMO, not that TSA is interested in helping travellers anyway.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
My boarding passes never show anything about Pre-Check even when I'm approved to go through it. Where is it supposed to show up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.