Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
I enjoy it when I go into my profile every other month to add my GE number because it magically disappears every now and then.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by stylo4444
I enjoy it when I go into my profile every other month to add my GE number because it magically disappears every now and then.
I haven't seen mine disappear yet, but thanks for the tip. I'll make sure that I check my profile on a somewhat regular basis.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by owen2001
I haven't seen mine disappear yet, but thanks for the tip. I'll make sure that I check my profile on a somewhat regular basis.
I'm not sure if it happens with everyone, but I know a few others FT SM members have had the same thing happen.

Yesterday I was planning to booked two biz trips...the first being from MCO-LAS. Was taken care of quickly and I saw my GE number in my profile already when filling out the passenger info.

Two hours later, I start to book MCO-SEA and in the passenger information I notice that everything else is there except my GE number. Go back into my profile and added it manually.

It's happened 3 times in the last year.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: Delta basic after Gold; HHonors, Diamond; Marriott/SPG Plat; IHG/PCR Plat; Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by stylo4444
Same here. And now, the fields to add my middle name (which has also disappeared), and my GOES #are not working.

**Just finished on the telephone, and the agent was able to add my middle name back into my profile and the flights I have booked (the field in my profile did not allow me to click on it to correct), and I was able to add my GOES # (again) online.

Last edited by IrisT; Jan 22, 2013 at 1:35 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by owen2001
Mine "magically" walked over to the "Redress" column from GE.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL GM/Reserve, Marriott Platinum Elite,HH Gold
Angry Coincidence or Not?

Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
So I logged on to Delta.bomb, and I got a pop up window displaying/asking for information. It had three radio buttons.

1. The first button shows "Profile/SkyMiles Name" with Robert M Smith* displayed.
Fields are greyed out, so I can't edit.

2. The second button corresponds to "Secure Flight Passenger Name" with Robert M Mark Smith displayed
Fields are greyed out, so I can't edit.

3. The third button shows "Enter Your Name as it Appears on Your Government Issued ID." This was blank, and I was able to enter Robert Mark Smith.

I then called Delta, and asked them to fix numbers one and two above to be Robert Mark Smith.

The agent informed me that for the first two fields above, she was seeing "Robert Mark Smith." ????? Really? So Delta.bomb is really that bad? They store data differently than how they're displaying it?

I also asked where I needed to go to double check that my Global Entry number was entered correctly. She put me on hold, came back a minute later, and told me that with the revamped site she couldn't tell me, and then she connected me to web support. I'm still on hold, and I'm going to hang up soon, since I have things to do today.

So as of now, it appears that there's no way to enter one's Global Entry number. And I have no way of knowing if the three fields containing my name are actually in synch.

Delta's IT is laughable. And embarrassing. I know that's old news, but this?

*Name has been changed to protect the innocent/me
You wouldt' happen to use a certain Government-Wide travel system? Because the exact same thing keeps happening to me

Last edited by JohnRico; Jan 22, 2013 at 2:12 pm Reason: Screwed Up
Old Jan 22, 2013, 7:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
eBoarding Pass has Pre-Check Code visible

I don't use the Fly Delta app for a BP on my smartphone. I've been a few places where cell phone reception is no good and have to scramble for a backup paper BP. I do check the box for an eBoarding Pass and have it sent to my phone where it arrives as a text message. The message is expanded by opening it and the coded BP appears for use in the scanners.

What I found is that when you scroll down on the screen, your Ticket Number is there and it is a 14 digit number which has the Pre-Check code ( 0 or 3) appended to it. Much easier than scanning.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
After a few triple beeps in a row, another 1 beep today in ATL. Oh well, I guess I'm on the sometimes list...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
I don't use the Fly Delta app for a BP on my smartphone. I've been a few places where cell phone reception is no good and have to scramble for a backup paper BP. I do check the box for an eBoarding Pass and have it sent to my phone where it arrives as a text message. The message is expanded by opening it and the coded BP appears for use in the scanners.

What I found is that when you scroll down on the screen, your Ticket Number is there and it is a 14 digit number which has the Pre-Check code ( 0 or 3) appended to it. Much easier than scanning.
Interesting. I usually use the app but will have to try this. I used to use the MMS BPs all the time, but around when they redid DL.com, my MMS BPs went kablooey and just came through as a giant pile of code rather than an image...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
TSA Pre Check tip for Canadian travel!

So, I dutifully queue up for the TSA Pre-Check at my home airport having been told the previous week that travel to Canada was now eligible to use the pre-check lane. I scan my BP and get the three beeps! The agent (different from the previous week) looks at my BPs and sees that the third leg is going to Canada. He informs me that international travel is not eligible to use pre-check. Puzzled, I ask why did I get the three beeps? He did not know. We chatted and he explained that the previous agent was incorrect, or at least inaccurate. Canadians with a trusted traveler # are eligible to use pre-check in the US when traveling to Canada. Why a US traveler with Global Entry and Nexus cannot use it is not explained.

Now, here is the tip: Next week when I do the same trip to Canada, I am only going to present my first boarding pass which is within the US. Assuming I get the three beeps, I should be good to go.

I will let you know if it works!
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
I did exactly this few weeks ago at FLL. It did not help.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 3:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MAMOHT
I did exactly this few weeks ago at FLL. It did not help.
Did you get the three beeps?
Old Jan 24, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: Enough
NEXUS members have been eligible for a couple months now.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM Reserve; HHonors Diamond; National Executive Elite
I have tried this before with no success.

I have a flight to YVR (via SEA) on Monday. Will try again, but not going to hold my breath.

You would think since US/Canada are Nexus partners, they could make this acceptable as well.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
Yes, I got the beeps. I was also getting them before the precheck was even available at FLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.