Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
Originally Posted by jsbh
Recently opened. A bit of a line today with it being new and a morning holiday weekend rush but went quickly as they thinned it out.

Precheck is awesome
Nobody in front of me this AM. I now have it on both ends of my weekly commute.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:23 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Maybe I missed a few days, but my calendar says the 28th as today not the 31st.

Check back on the 31st, if that's the actual start date and see how it goes
TSA had told me the 28th. Airport website says the 31st. But it was definitely up and running yesterday. Just now working for DL passengers.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
Worked for me this morning.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta GM, SC, NFL Owner (GB Packers!)
Nashville up and running. ONLY downside is walking the 100 yards to the American/Southwest side of security.
Not complaining....is a great day when you can walk through the front door and be through security in three minutes!
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by gator21
Despite the airport website saying Pre-Check would start at RDU on the 31st, it is staffed and up and running.

Only problem is no one from DL is getting the 3 magic beeps. They had some people standing around pointing fingers as to why no one from DL was getting through.

Hopefully this "bug" will be worked out soon. I hate to see all the TSA agents standing around with nothing to do!
If I had to guess, it's because DL @ RDU never updated their boarding pass printers to the 2011ish boarding pass format (PECTABs). I've mentioned this to many peeps at RDUDL and they don't seem to care. Their printers (as of last Monday) still print the old font type and it looks terrible trying to fit into the new format.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by DLFan2
I can only assume that you have been lucky, as the TSA website says:

Q. Can passengers access TSA Pre✓ for international travel?

A. No. At this time, TSA Pre✓ is only available for passengers traveling domestically on participating airlines. If any leg of an itinerary is international, the passenger will not qualify for TSA Pre✓ for that itinerary and will go through traditional screening.

Can anyone else confirm that they have been able to use Pre-check for international travel, perhaps from a different airport than DEN?
Yes, I have had it twice on LAS-ATL flights. They were both on international itineraries, but I had stop overs in ATL, no direct connections, so the TSA website might be worded badly.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Dovster
Yes, I have had it twice on LAS-ATL flights. They were both on international itineraries, but I had stop overs in ATL, no direct connections, so the TSA website might be worded badly.
I was able to use Pre√ before a BOS-ATL flight that was part of an international itinerary but I had completed all the international segments and had a stopover in Boston.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
I am now 0 for 12 with TSA Pre and i dont know why this isnt working for me. I got my trusted traveller number by signing up for Global Entry. My GE card is activated and i entered my trusted traveler number in my Delta profile two months ago. Since then I tried TSA Pre twelve times but have yet to be cleared once. I asked TSA and Delta what could be the reason for tis but nobody has any answers.
What do i do or who do i contact to see if everything is setup correctly ?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Open at AUS

Sooooo happy. Best part is that SWA doesn't participate in PreCheck, so their "buy your way into the Elite line for $40" doesn't clog Pre.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Frogbone
I am now 0 for 12 with TSA Pre and i dont know why this isnt working for me. I got my trusted traveller number by signing up for Global Entry. My GE card is activated and i entered my trusted traveler number in my Delta profile two months ago. Since then I tried TSA Pre twelve times but have yet to be cleared once. I asked TSA and Delta what could be the reason for tis but nobody has any answers.
Logon to DL.com. List your upcoming trips.

Click "Details" for an upcoming trip where the departure time is greater than 72 hours from now (for example, next week or beyond).

Under "PASSENGERS" click on "> Passenger Information".

Compare the "Secure Flight Passenger Data" section of your reservation with your Global Entry profile as shown on the government's GOES web site. Does your first, middle and last name shown here in Secure Flight Passenger Data exactly match the way they are spelled on the GOES web site? Does your date of birth match? Is your Known Traveler Number exactly the same as your PASSID as shown on GOES?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:53 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Beside entering the name exactly the same, you need to be sure to enter your Known Traveler Number correctly to the Delta system. Enter ONLY the number and not any letters. At least when I first entered it, I entered the letters. The Delta system didn't check or complain and I never got pre-check until I deleted the letters.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by mnbp
Logon to DL.com. List your upcoming trips.

Click "Details" for an upcoming trip where the departure time is greater than 72 hours from now (for example, next week or beyond).

Under "PASSENGERS" click on "> Passenger Information".

Compare the "Secure Flight Passenger Data" section of your reservation with your Global Entry profile as shown on the government's GOES web site. Does your first, middle and last name shown here in Secure Flight Passenger Data exactly match the way they are spelled on the GOES web site? Does your date of birth match? Is your Known Traveler Number exactly the same as your PASSID as shown on GOES?
i found that my middle name on DL.com was only the first initial were on the GE site it was spelled out.
Called Delta online support and had them change it.I hope this will fix it.

Odd thing is that my boarding passes always print Last Name/FirstMiddle
all spelled out.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA GE, CP ED
My middle name mysteriously vanished during the IT upgrade which cause me to miss out on some prechecks. Fixed now but on the booking page my middle name appears TWICE with different capitalization. Ticket and boarding pass are fine though and I'm once again flying thru Pre.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
i found that my middle name on DL.com was only the first initial were on the GE site it was spelled out.

all spelled out.
TSA Pre uses "Secure Flight Passenger Data". Check every upcoming flight reservation and make sure your info in each reservations matches your GOES profile, and your precheck success rate should approach 100%.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum

all spelled out.
From experience, I don't think Middle matters. I don't use my middle name on DL.com (or my suffix) and I still get cleared ~90% of the time. Then again, I'm also not part of GE so maybe that's why it doesn't matter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.