Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:07 pm

Programs: Skymiles, MPL Chase Premier
Originally Posted by BeachBum770
I just noticed in ATL last week (been a while since I have been there) that they now have a PreCheck specific line at the main security area as opposed to the SP line at the T gate entrance. Almost walked right by it.
They really need to add a sign in one of the doors. Yesterday, while non-reving out, I walked up to a checkpoint and had to ask "Where's pre-check?" They told me to go through a rope and walk around the hallway to the pre-check line. Seriously? A small sign saying "PRE CHECK (point)" wouldn't help?

oh, and a side note, I'm still estatic pre-check works while non-revving. I won a bet yesterday that I could check my bag and make it through security first before he could clear normal security.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Has anyone tried SDC to a different airport and still gotten pre-check? I'm considering switching over from JFK to LGA today, and am curious if anyone has done this and then gotten pre-check at LGA. If not, and I do this, I'll report back.
I've SDCd to a different airport and still had the "3". (There was no pre-check at the new terminal.)
Old Mar 12, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: DM/3MM
And definitively answering my own question...I SDC'd from JFK to LGA within the 3 hour window, and pre-check worked at LGA.

Separately, I also SDC'd in FLL to an earlier flight, and pre-check worked again.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:18 pm

Interesting situation for me recently:

I flew SLC-ORD as a GM on Feb 22nd. TSA Pre-Check worked for me just fine at SLC.

I did not have as much flying last year, and I ended up dropping to an FO on March 1st. Also during this time I had to have my passport renewed.

The return flight ORD-SLC, TSA Pre-Check did not work for me.

Is it possible Delta yanked me from Pre-Check eligibility for dropping to FO? Or could it be because I now have a new passport number from my passport renewal? Or is it "just random bad luck"?
Old Mar 12, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Coming to AUS

Guess this is old news, but Pre-check will be expanded to Austin next month, NLT 4/1.

Best news is that SW doesn't participate. Today in AUS, due to SW selling elite security access for $40 and SXSW AND Spring Break, times through the elite lines were as long as the regular lines.

Be interesting to see if DL FINALLY goes to electronic boarding passes on this. Will only be available at one if the four security lanes, however.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
Apologies if this has already been mentioned. Just wanted to share, today I noticed that although DOB is correct on Delta.com in my profile and Secure Passenger Data, in the Android app on my phone, the Secure Passenger Data has the wrong birth month and year. It used to be right ...

When I called tech support the agent said they know about it and have been working on it. She completed a trouble-ticket for me.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 9:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: EK Plat, UA GS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Centurion
LGA Pre Check

Does anyone know what time LGA pre check closes? I have a flight coming up at 10pm, and I wanted to know if pre check would be open when I go through around 8:30pm-9pm.
Thanks,
emirates202
Old Mar 15, 2013, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Emirates202:20427973
Does anyone know what time LGA pre check closes? I have a flight coming up at 10pm, and I wanted to know if pre check would be open when I go through around 8:30pm-9pm.
Thanks,
emirates202
I don't know the exact time they close, but I have gotten there just after 8pm before and the Pre lane was closed. I think even the SP line was shut down, too, but there was only one other person in line anyway.

Oddly, I was exhausted and forgot to remove my shoes/belt, and the TSOs didn't seem to care. I did get 3 beeps, though, so maybe they still have me a quasi-pre treatment.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by Emirates202
Thanks,
emirates202
At that time it doesn't matter. I have gone thru at that time and could pick which lane to go thru as all were empty with no one in line.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I've found it odd that on some itins I get PC on some flights, but not on others. Oh well.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:41 am

Programs: Delta
Thumbs up

Some background (first post): Work told me they wanted me to fly to Washington DC for meetings more which I did not want to do partly because I just hate the current TSA security setup and I dread having to go through it. I read about Precheck on the TSA site and since I only fly a few times a year getting into Pre as FF was not going to happen but I saw the info about Global Entry. I researched it and read pages and pages of info here (thanks for everyone's help here!). With three weeks to go before my trip I applied on the GE site and got conditional approval in one week. Scheduled an interview two days later in SLC. Got approval via email that night. Got card in the mail a few days later. All told a two week process. Ensured my skymiles profile and passenger ticket info all matched with middle name etc., did everything I read about here to the letter.

Did not check in ahead of time as I wanted a boarding pass from the airport printer so the barcode would be legible. Went to security Precheck lane at SLC and got through in 5 minutes (the regular line was long and backed up probably 45 to 60 min)! On the way back from DCA went through Pre in 3 minutes!!!! It feels like the year 2000 all over again (but a little faster)!

Last edited by Haloan; Mar 16, 2013 at 12:51 pm
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Haloan
Went to security Precheck lane at SLC and got through in 5 minutes! On the way back from DCA went through Pre in 3 minutes!!!!
Wow, that's kind of a long time for preCheck. I'm usually through in 2 minutes.

It feels like the year 2000 all over again (but a little faster)!
Yes, it certainly does. They should call it Deja-vu-check.

And welcome to FT!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Wow, that's kind of a long time for preCheck. I'm usually through in 2 minutes.
Too funny!!! I'll run my stopwatch before I go through next time!

And welcome to FT!
Thank you!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM; US GP; Fairmont PL; HHonors DM; Hyatt GP Diamond; Hertz President's Circle
[QUOTE=ijgordon;20430225]Wow, that's kind of a long time for preCheck. I'm usually through in 2 minutes.

Yes, it certainly does. They should call it Deja-vu-check.

Pre-Check is awesome. I fly out of TPA often and it has never taken me more than 6 minutes to get from my car in Short Term parking through Pre-Check and all the way into the Sky Club. If only TSA could come up with other innovations that work this well!!
^
Old Mar 16, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Haloan
It feels like the year 2000 all over again (but a little faster)!
Did you party like it's 1999?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.