Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
While I certainly appreciated the PreCheck, it seems odd that they offer it at FLL, which usually has a very low percentage of elites (lots of Kettles visiting Grandma or going on a cruise).
Perhaps on a percentage basis that is true, but there is still a decent volume of elites in FLL.

Take an FLL-LGA or FLL-ATL flight and you can quickly see on the upg list how many people are there
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL MM 3.2, DM; UAL; AAL
Am based FLL and there is seldom a first class seat available after upgrades. On the way from ATL to FLL I have seen 60+ on the upgrade list.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
Originally Posted by LBJ
If you are a Platinum, you are very likely already opted-in by Delta. No need to purchase Global Entry. Just fill in the Secure Passenger Data section in your delta.com profile and click the checkbox to consent with sharing it with TSA. That is effectively the process to "join" Precheck.
I am Delta Plat and they have not enrolled me in Precheck from what I can see, or any of my recent flights. My secure data is on delta.com. The checkbox was marked to share with TSA.

Robert
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by robertw477
I am Delta Plat and they have not enrolled me in Precheck from what I can see, or any of my recent flights. My secure data is on delta.com. The checkbox was marked to share with TSA.

Robert
Delta does not actually show anything on their website or the boarding pass (it's encoded in the bar code). Did you actually attempt to go through a Pre-Check lane and have them scan your BP?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by LBJ
Did you actually attempt to go through a Pre-Check lane and have them scan your BP?
Or scan the barcode yourself to see if it has the right code? It's been discussed earlier in this thread...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Delta/TSA coordination

I was 100% "PRE" last year at security screening for Delta flights at DCA, BWI, LAS and ATL. However, on my last twenty flights at these same airports I am no longer "PRE". I expressed my concern to Delta in an email. They said that TSA decides the number of trusted travelers on a "per flight basis". I don't think I randomly failed twenty departures in a row.
"Thank you for being a loyal Platinum flyer".
Also, my name appears mangled on my boarding passes: LastnameM, Firstname, where M = my middle initital. I asked them to clean this up a few months ago. They said it did not affect "PRE". My name is still mangled.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: DL DM/1M, AA Gold, Hilton LTD
Originally Posted by mnredfox
After a few triple beeps in a row, another 1 beep today in ATL. Oh well, I guess I'm on the sometimes list...
That's alright, I was "manually excluded" by the TSA Pre-Check rep on Monday at FLL; he looked at the ticket, scribbled on it, and scanned it (with 3 beeps). Then he pointed for me to go through the other lines.

"It's random", he said.

Wouldn't have cared six months ago, but it was a 20-minute wait just from the podium, and hearing other TSA agents complain that two of the four scanners "didn't work" (hence the delay) kind of made me grit my teeth at the exclusion.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Formulanone
That's alright, I was "manually excluded" by the TSA Pre-Check rep on Monday at FLL; he looked at the ticket, scribbled on it, and scanned it (with 3 beeps). Then he pointed for me to go through the other lines.

"It's random", he said.

Wouldn't have cared six months ago, but it was a 20-minute wait just from the podium, and hearing other TSA agents complain that two of the four scanners "didn't work" (hence the delay) kind of made me grit my teeth at the exclusion.
Wow. I was not aware they were allowed to do that.

In fact, I don't think they are. I would have complained to a supervisor.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jackal

"Why are you discriminating against me?"
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/1M, AA Gold, Hilton LTD
Originally Posted by jackal

I had a few moments to speak to a supervisor, and he said the same thing: It's essentially random, sorry for any delay, but it's at their choice, and thanks for being a frequent flier, hope we didn't cause too much concern, it's random... okay, I get it.

To be fair, I was also refused once at Sea-Tac, and he didn't even scan the ticket; either he was intentionally passing me over, or just didn't think I was Pre-Check (it was 5:00am). The line was quite short, anyhow.

I guess you just get used to certain things, but one can't cut their boarding times too short, by assumming the Pre-Check line will automatically shave 15 minutes off the commute to the airport...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Formulanone
I had a few moments to speak to a supervisor, and he said the same thing: It's essentially random, sorry for any delay, but it's at their choice, and thanks for being a frequent flier, hope we didn't cause too much concern, it's random... okay, I get it.
"So it's officially the policy of the TSA that individual agents are allowed to discriminate claiming 'randomness' rather than having your computers programmed to make the random choices, for instance the way some Pre passengers are selected for the hand wiping?"
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: Delta DM, 1MM USAir SP Marriott Plat National Exec Elite
Need some advice, and some of it may be buried in this thread, but most seems either older or tied to TT# issues. I consistently was able to use Pre-Check last year. All of a sudden, for my last 5X through MCO, no luck. I do not have Global Entry TT#, etc -- I get mine though Delta. How do I: 1) find out what is wrong, and 2) fix it?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:52 am

Here is what I get from Delta:
"Thank you for your email. We appreciate your comments.

One thing that might impacting the regularity in which your are selected for prescreening may be related to the information we have in your SkyMiles account profile. Please make sure your name and date of birth stored in your SkyMiles profile under Secure Flight Passenger Data are key elements that must match exactly with your Global Entry card.

Correcting any discrepancy between your online profile and information in the Global Entry program should improve the situation you described, however please remember that eligibility in the TSA’s Pre-Check program is not guaranteed and is administered at their discretion.

Thank you for your support as a Diamond Medallion member and for trusting your business to us. Be assured, we will make every attempt to serve you well; we are focused on the future and look forward to our continued business relationship."

I do not HAVE Global Entry, but I had a year of consistent pre-check...
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:55 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Bill_61
Need some advice, and some of it may be buried in this thread, but most seems either older or tied to TT# issues. I consistently was able to use Pre-Check last year. All of a sudden, for my last 5X through MCO, no luck. I do not have Global Entry TT#, etc -- I get mine though Delta. How do I: 1) find out what is wrong, and 2) fix it?
Check your TSA Secure Flight information in your upcoming reservation. THIS is the information that has to match your govt ID. Verify that TSA Secure Flight has your First/Middle/Last name, DOB and Gender spelled exactly as listed on your govt ID. Pay particular attention to the middle name, as a lot of match problems are reported here on FT when an ID has full middle name and the TSA Secure Flight info has just middle initial, or visa versa.

You can edit TSA Secure Flight information in upcoming reservations up until 72 hours prior to the flight. Closer than 72 hours the information becomes "read only" from the web site and cannot be changed online, which is why you want to check this more than 72 hours in advance.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by mnbp
Check your TSA Secure Flight information in your upcoming reservation. THIS is the information that has to match your govt ID. Verify that TSA Secure Flight has your First/Middle/Last name, DOB and Gender spelled exactly as listed on your govt ID. Pay particular attention to the middle name, as a lot of match problems are reported here on FT when an ID has full middle name and the TSA Secure Flight info has just middle initial, or visa versa.

You can edit TSA Secure Flight information in upcoming reservations up until 72 hours prior to the flight. Closer than 72 hours the information becomes "read only" from the web site and cannot be changed online, which is why you want to check this more than 72 hours in advance.
What I don't understand is I dont HAVE a government ID, but was getting PC through Delta...????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.