Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive "Delta - TSA Pre-Check" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Never mind. The one code format I didn't enable (PDF) was the one needed.
Good point. If/when you download the app, ensure you have "PDF 417" enabled in the settings. I had to enable that setting also. I should have mentioned that. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Delta told me last month that the TSA was going to start focusing on complete name match (Delta profile vs. ID), including middle name. However, I only have a middle initial in my Delta profile, and my full middle name on my ID, and did not have a problem this week. I'd be curious to see if this changes.
Please reread this thread, starting at about post number #661 back in July / August 2012. For a while about six months ago (apparently for a few weeks), TSA became extremely strict on their name match for PreCheck elegibility, and there was considerable discussion in this thread about middle name vs middle initial. Making sure your Secure Flight information exactly matches your government-issued ID (full middle name, for example) was essential for success.

It is the Secure Flight data that's stored in each of your reservations that must match TSA's information. The Secure Flight data in your DL.com profile is copied into each reservation you make on DL.com, but it's the version that's in your reservation that matters. Another problem some people had was that folks who book via a corporate travel agent get their TSA Secure Flight information directly from the corporate travel agent and NOT from their DL.com profile. That's yet another place to double check and make sure the name is correct.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL PM
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but I made GM in late 2012. Upon going to the "My Delta" section of Delta.com, I was prompted to update my secure flight information. Previously, I only had middle initial v. whole middle name. Am I good to go now?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by owen2001
I've tried a few (Qrafter, Red Laser, and Barcode Scanners) and the only one that worked w/ Delta's BP was "Barcode Scanners" (a free iPhone app by Manatee Works, Inc.)

"Barcode Scanners" app is a bit picky - you might have to try it a few times before it registers, but once it scans the BP, it will tell you all the codes right there on your phone. With Delta, you'll see a long sting of numbers that ends with your ticket number and then either the number 0 or 3. If you see your ticket number (it's printed on your BP) followed by the number 3, then you're good to go.

I'm 100% doing it this way (except w/ my recent experience w/ the BP that was printed too small).

Hope that helps.
Anyone know whether there is an Android app that works...?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Anyone know whether there is an Android app that works...?
Manatee Barcode Scanners and Accusoft Barcode Scanner are both Android apps that work.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
So I logged on to Delta.bomb, and I got a pop up window displaying/asking for information. It had three radio buttons.

1. The first button shows "Profile/SkyMiles Name" with Robert M Smith* displayed.
Fields are greyed out, so I can't edit.

2. The second button corresponds to "Secure Flight Passenger Name" with Robert M Mark Smith displayed

3. The third button shows "Enter Your Name as it Appears on Your Government Issued ID." This was blank, and I was able to enter Robert Mark Smith.

I then called Delta, and asked them to fix numbers one and two above to be Robert Mark Smith.

The agent informed me that for the first two fields above, she was seeing "Robert Mark Smith." ????? Really? So Delta.bomb is really that bad? They store data differently than how they're displaying it?

I also asked where I needed to go to double check that my Global Entry number was entered correctly. She put me on hold, came back a minute later, and told me that with the revamped site she couldn't tell me, and then she connected me to web support. I'm still on hold, and I'm going to hang up soon, since I have things to do today.

So as of now, it appears that there's no way to enter one's Global Entry number. And I have no way of knowing if the three fields containing my name are actually in synch.

Delta's IT is laughable. And embarrassing. I know that's old news, but this?

*Name has been changed to protect the innocent/me
Old Jan 19, 2013, 8:47 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott Platinum,Avis First
Originally Posted by TravelinWilly
So I logged on to Delta.bomb, and I got a pop up window displaying/asking for information. It had three radio buttons.

1. The first button shows "Profile/SkyMiles Name" with Robert M Smith* displayed.

2. The second button corresponds to "Secure Flight Passenger Name" with Robert M Mark Smith displayed

3. The third button shows "Enter Your Name as it Appears on Your Government Issued ID." This was blank, and I was able to enter Robert Mark Smith.

I then called Delta, and asked them to fix numbers one and two above to be Robert Mark Smith.

The agent informed me that for the first two fields above, she was seeing "Robert Mark Smith." ????? Really? So Delta.bomb is really that bad? They store data differently than how they're displaying it?

I also asked where I needed to go to double check that my Global Entry number was entered correctly. She put me on hold, came back a minute later, and told me that with the revamped site she couldn't tell me, and then she connected me to web support. I'm still on hold, and I'm going to hang up soon, since I have things to do today.

So as of now, it appears that there's no way to enter one's Global Entry number. And I have no way of knowing if the three fields containing my name are actually in synch.

Delta's IT is laughable. And embarrassing. I know that's old news, but this?

*Name has been changed to protect the innocent/me
I had the exact same thing occcur - but selecting one of the options and hitting okay updated my information. Did you enter your name in option 3 and hit okay before calling?
Old Jan 19, 2013, 9:40 am

If you log in and go to "My Delta" and then choose "View My Profile", there's a link where you can update your info. It's near the top left and it says "Secure Flight Passenger Data". Click on the blue "Saved" link that is next to it and that will take you to a page where you can update your GE/Known Traveler number. You simply click "Edit" next to your "Secure Flight Passenger Data" and you can add your "Known Traveler Number" and info as you want it.

Kinda convoluted way to get to it, but hope it works for you. It worked for me.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by planecrazy63
I had the exact same thing occcur - but selecting one of the options and hitting okay updated my information. Did you enter your name in option 3 and hit okay before calling?
Yes - I entered Robert Mark Smith for the third option, and save that. I only know what the first two names looked like because I did a screen print - I can't even find all three names on Delta.bomb. It sounds like I should be able to verify them now, though, huh? I'll look when I have more time.

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by owen2001
If you log in and go to "My Delta" and then choose "View My Profile", there's a link where you can update your info. It's near the top left and it says "Secure Flight Passenger Data". Click on the blue "Saved" link that is next to it and that will take you to a page where you can update your GE/Known Traveler number. You simply click "Edit" next to your "Secure Flight Passenger Data" and you can add your "Known Traveler Number" and info as you want it.

Kinda convoluted way to get to it, but hope it works for you. It worked for me.
THANK YOU! Yes, I'm yelling.

I clicked on the "Saved" link and then the "Edit" button and then it expanded to show more options than were displayed. Not very intuitive at all. In fact, from a design standpoint, it's a mess. There's no reason they can't display all the saved information in that list, because it's not like one doesn't have to scroll, anyway, because there's so much information.

Okay, enough kvetching. I mean for now. I can always find something to kvetch about later.

Thanks for the tip, owen2001!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 10:21 am

Thanks for the tip, owen2001!
Yep. No problem.

As for the re-design, there are some improvements w/ Delta's new site that I like. But overall, I don't think it's very good.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Here is another data point to totally throw off everything. My middle name is in the same field as my first name on my delta profile. I typically delete it so its just my first name/last name on my boarding pass because when my middle name is present it looks like "Johnalex Smith" instead of "John Alex Smith". I never used to get precheck the times where I forgot to do this or booked over the phone. I just printed out a boarding pass with the middle name mixed with the first and sure enough the magic 3. Of course its for JFK and doesn't mean a thing
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold; Bonvoy Gold; HHonors Diamond; Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Just wanted to add my thanks for the tip about verifying our info on the Delta site. Went in and found the spot to make sure our Delta info was the same as our ID. Fixed a couple of very small differences. Hopefully the next time we fly we will get the pre-check thing.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:52 pm

I am a PM on delta (Platinum Medallion) and always got TSA-Precheck in 2012. I even got it on Dec 29, 2012. However, all of my subsequent flights in 2013 I have not received the TSA-Precheck. I have even compared previous boarding passes from 2012 and from 2013 and the 2012 definitely have the 3 and the 2013 has the 0. I am still PM and will still be PM after March 1, 2013. Can anyone help me understand this. It seems once Jan 1 hit, no more TSA-Precheck.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Think I finally figured this out, added my middle initial to my first name in the TSA section, now getting 3 beeps regularly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.