Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
So, today I got a reply from Delta, and was wondering if I should be happy or reply back. It seems odd that they didn't offer the difference in the fare from Y to F...

Dear Mr. MBarreto,

RE: Case Number 3262900

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your disappointment with the service provided by our flight attendant while traveling with us to Boston Logan International Airport. On behalf of everyone at Delta Air Lines, I sincerely apologize for behavior of the flight attendant.

Please know, that I am truly sorry for the behavior displayed by our flight attendant on your flight. I am dismayed to learn that ****** did not bother to respond to your question and that she did not talk to you for the duration of the flight. We expect our flight attendants to be helpful and professional at all times. I am truly sorry you did not receive the service you expected and should have received. Mr. MBarreto it is feedback like yours which help us to improve our inflight processes and customer experience. Be assured, I will be sharing your comments with our Inflight leadership team for internal follow up.

As a gesture of goodwill and genuine apology for the poor service provided, I have added 7,500 bonus miles to your SkyMiles account. Please allow three business days for the miles to appear.

Mr. MBarreto, thank you for your loyalty as a Platinum Medallion member and for trusting your business to us. Be assured, we will make every attempt to serve you well; we are focused on the future and look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely,
Old May 5, 2011, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by mbarreto
So, today I got a reply from Delta, and was wondering if I should be happy or reply back. It seems odd that they didn't offer the difference in the fare from Y to F...
If you paid for F and sat in Y, why would you not press for the refund?
Old May 5, 2011, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Since my original flight was cancelled, and I asked to be put in the next available flight, I'd be ok sitting in Y if F was full... If I recall correctly, the next flight with open F seats was 4 hours later.

The problem is that in the end there was an open seat, and an FA got it.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:06 pm

Is the open seating a new thing?
I was on a Delta Shuttle flight LGA-ORD in January with assigned seating. Or is it just for BOS?
Old May 5, 2011, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Originally Posted by Yosef
Is the open seating a new thing?
I was on a Delta Shuttle flight LGA-ORD in January with assigned seating. Or is it just for BOS?
I did LGA-ORD last week and it had assigned seating, which surprised me. BOS (and I assume DCA?) have always been open seating.
Old May 5, 2011, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its only open seating for the short shuttle flight to BOS.
The longer one LGA-ORD is assigned on the nice E175 jet.
Old May 5, 2011, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Since my original flight was cancelled, and I asked to be put in the next available flight, I'd be ok sitting in Y if F was full... If I recall correctly, the next flight with open F seats was 4 hours later.

The problem is that in the end there was an open seat, and an FA got it.
Still, if you paid F and got Y you should get a refund of the price difference, since the problem was caused by their cancellation. That you preferred getting home to waiting for an F seat on a still-later flight should have no bearing on the matter.
Old May 5, 2011, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Still, if you paid F and got Y you should get a refund of the price difference, since the problem was caused by their cancellation. That you preferred getting home to waiting for an F seat on a still-later flight should have no bearing on the matter.
PaulMSN... you said it much better than I.

mbarreto should have received what he paid for, or a refund for what he did not receive.
Old May 5, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by rylan
Its only open seating for the short shuttle flight to BOS.
The longer one LGA-ORD is assigned on the nice E175 jet.
DCA is open too. ORD is assigned (competitive reasons maybe, longer flight?).

And 2nd on the not boarding if you're that high on the list. Kelly is the GA supervisor that usually works the air shuttle gates at LGA, and is a real stickler for the rules with that upgrade list.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:08 pm

The FA has no way of knowing your circumstances, so it wouldn't even occur to her to bring you up. It's the GA's purview and you should have definitely taken it up with them before boarding. If there is an open seat and a uniformed crew member on board I think every FA from any airline would bring them up.
Old May 6, 2011, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by 3bettins
The FA has no way of knowing your circumstances, so it wouldn't even occur to her to bring you up. It's the GA's purview and you should have definitely taken it up with them before boarding. If there is an open seat and a uniformed crew member on board I think every FA from any airline would bring them up.
in any case, they did not process the UG list, which was quite extensive (3 previous flights were cancelled).
Old May 6, 2011, 9:07 am

Wrote back to DL

Dear Delta/****

Thank you for your kind email. Indeed, it is only because I'm a loyal Delta customer that I take the time to write back to you, in the hopes that it'll make you an even better airline.

That being sad, I'm a little disappointed by your reply. The true issue at hand was not being ignored by the flight attendant, although as you mentioned, that was unacceptable. The true issue is that I have paid for a first class ticket, and was made to sit in coach while an uniformed flight attendant was given a free seat in first class.

That means I've paid for something that I did not get.

Again, had the flight been fully booked in first class, I would've gladly accepted the downgrade without complaint, as it was my intention to get home as soon as possible. But clearly, as indicated by the GIDS monitor and the fact that the flight attendant was "upgraded" after the boarding door was closed, this was not the case.

I appreciate the support given.

MBarreto

Now let's see if anything happens!!
Old May 6, 2011, 9:33 am

Again, had the flight been fully booked in first class, I would've gladly accepted the downgrade without complaint, as it was my intention to get home as soon as possible. But clearly, as indicated by the GIDS monitor and the fact that the flight attendant was "upgraded" after the boarding door was closed, this was not the case.
IMO, you/the OP is still being too nice.
Imagine calling up a take-out place, ordering a beef dish, and paying with a credit card. 10 minutes later they call you back and say that they are out of beef, but will have more in 90 minutes. You tell them to give you the chicken (which is cheaper) instead, because you are hungry and want dinner.
I think everyone would expect a refund for the price difference, and I see this as the same idea; they didn't have what you ordered, and you took a cheaper option and deserve a refund to the price you could have paid for coach when you booked.
Old May 6, 2011, 10:31 am

Imagine calling up a take-out place, ordering a beef dish, and paying with a credit card. 10 minutes later they call you back and say that they are out of beef, but will have more in 90 minutes. You tell them to give you the chicken (which is cheaper) instead, because you are hungry and want dinner.
I think everyone would expect a refund for the price difference, and I see this as the same idea; they didn't have what you ordered, and you took a cheaper option and deserve a refund to the price you could have paid for coach when you booked.
I had that EXACT thing happen at a restaurant last week! They gave me another full meal (more than I had paid) PLUS a coupon for double the cost of what I ordered - without me saying a word! Too bad it wasn't an airline that did that for me
Old May 6, 2011, 10:43 am

What if I take the chicken and find out that the waiter ate my beef?

Joking aside, I agree with you... let's see what they reply back this time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.